PDA

View Full Version : The group Chicago return with a little help from EWF

test

alanh
06-24-2014, 08:08 AM
I've always loved the earlier 'brassy' sound of Chicago. The band have a new album coming out on July 8th and from what I've pre-listened to, it sounds like they're featuring that brassy feel again more. I especially like the lead song 'Now'. After a few listens, I realised it sounded very Earth Wind & Fire. I now know why - Verdine White plus the EWF horns are guesting on the track.
http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6121547/chicago-now-song-video-premiere-exclusive

The idea of them recording it in parts in hotel rooms and assembling it later sounds odd, but I guess that kind of thing isn't too unusual these days, especially as studio sessions can work that way too. I just hope the people in neighbouring rooms didn't mind!

Hope it does well for them!

milven
06-24-2014, 08:55 AM
Thanks for the link to article and track. I loved the track. Nice combination of EWF and Chicago sound. Interesting way of recording the album. EWF had a release this year too, but it did not receive much action. Hope this CD does better

destruction
07-27-2014, 08:25 PM
Phillip Bailey talks about how the two groups hooked up and toured together in his latest book.