PDA

View Full Version : Oprah's Show Today

test

GeeTee(HPK)
11-05-2010, 11:04 AM
I normally don't watch Oprah,but today was a exception. The subject of her show was about men that were sexually abused. This is not a easy subject for men to discuss,but Oprah had 200 men in the audience,and a few of them talked about the horror stories that had happened to them when they were young.

It's a very deep subject,and I was curious if anyone on the forum was watching the show. There will be a follow up to air next week. http://oprah.com/200men

GeeTee(HPK)
11-05-2010, 11:06 AM
Tyler Perry was on the show. If you remember, he talked about what happened to him,a few weeks ago.

soulster
11-05-2010, 07:06 PM
Sadly, it is still taboo for men to even mention they were sexually abused. One message is still that if you are a male, you are tough enough to not let it happen, and if you do it must mean that you're gay. The female gets all the support while the males are snickered at.

GeeTee(HPK)
11-09-2010, 03:31 AM
Sad,but true. I believe there will a follow up on her Friday show,this week.

GeeTee(HPK)
11-12-2010, 01:44 PM
Just curious if anyone watch the follow up from last week's show on Oprah today.
Kudos to Oprah,for taking on a subject that others decided to ignore and turn a "blind eye" to.

ladyvanaye
11-15-2010, 08:36 PM
Wow. Because I don't watch her, I did not know about this show that would have had me glued to the TV set. i will watch for the re-broadcast of the show, or maybe hulu....Thanks Gee.

GeeTee(HPK)
11-16-2010, 03:52 AM
You're welcome. If you can catch either the re-broadcast or Hulu,please be warned that this a very deep show.