PDA

View Full Version : Boy, Mary Wilson is quite a busy gal!!!

test

Lulu
06-11-2014, 10:52 PM
What on Earth is she promoting? This is quite a lineup!

Access Hollywood Live -- Thurs, June 12
The Talk - Friday, June 13
The Insider - Tuesday, June 17
Extra - Tuesday, June 17
K-EARTH 101 FM - Tuesday, June 17

supremester
06-12-2014, 03:45 AM
I'm guessing that someone sent out ........what did Margo say, "indian runners?" to news shows about the 50th Anniversary of WDOLG and that an exisiting, willing, original, legacy keeping founding member might be convinced to be interviewed for it.

marv2
06-12-2014, 04:04 AM
I'm guessing that someone sent out ........what did Margo say, "indian runners?" to news shows about the 50th Anniversary of WDOLG and that an exisiting, willing, original, legacy keeping founding member might be convinced to be interviewed for it.

So who did that for the Beatles?

bradsupremes
06-12-2014, 07:58 AM

And your problem with it is....?

BigAl
06-12-2014, 09:19 AM
Since 06/17/64 was the release date of WDOLG this would stand to reason.
Mary, Diane and HDH will probably all be heard from in one way or another, Mary being the most ardent and visible of that bunch when it comes to Supremes matters.

jobeterob
06-12-2014, 10:27 AM
From those in the know:

Andy Skurow shared Carl Feuerbacher's photo.

Mary Wilson will be on television over the next few days to discuss the 50th Anniversary of The Supremes first #1 hit, Where Did Our Love Go, and more. Be sure to set your DVR's!

MARY WILSON upcoming press/tv appearances. Set your DVRs as Mary Wilson will be doing some tv and press over the next couple of dates. Here's what has been confirmed thus far: Access Hollywood Live -- Thurs, June 12 The Talk - Friday, June 13 The Insider - Tuesday, June 17 Extra - Tuesday, June 17 K-EARTH 101 FM - Tuesday, June 17 More to come soon.....

Carl Feuerbacher

MARY WILSON upcoming press/tv appearances. Set your DVRs as Mary Wilson will be doing some tv and press over the next couple of dates. Here's what has been confirmed thus far:

Extra - Tuesday, June 17

More to come soon.....

Lulu
06-12-2014, 12:26 PM

Unfortunately, not as big a deal as The Beatles on Ed Sullivan. I wish there were more hoo-ha over it but not really the case. Either way it will be nice to see Mary on The Talk and Diana at Freedom Hill tomorrow.

marybrewster
06-12-2014, 01:22 PM
What on Earth is she promoting? This is quite a lineup!

Extra - Tuesday, June 17

You should have just copied and pasted the sentence above all this. You then wouldn't have had to ask what on Earth she is promoting.

Lulu
06-12-2014, 02:03 PM
You should have just copied and pasted the sentence above all this. You then wouldn't have had to ask what on Earth she is promoting.

Andy's clarification came AFTER Carl's initial post so I actually didn't know what these appearances were...

supremester
06-12-2014, 03:09 PM
I have no problem with it at all - I'm happy to see it.
And your problem with it is....?

marv2
06-12-2014, 03:21 PM
Mary Wilson is my favorite and the main person that has kept the Supremes Legacy alive all hese years. She's pretty, very talented and articulate! I am looking forward to seeing her on television this coming week.

Motown Queen
06-12-2014, 04:52 PM
Proud to see Mary keeping the Supremes legacy alive. Sad that as much as they rivaled The Beatles, their legacy isn't talked about and if you do hear something about The Supremes, it goes back to the drama.

skooldem1
06-12-2014, 08:00 PM
I missed the first 10 minutes of Access Hollywood, but watched the rest of the show and I didn't see Mary. Was she on during the first 10 minutes, or was her segment bumped? Is Access Hollywood different than Access Hollywood Live? Anyway, I found this video.

http://www.accesshollywood.com/mary-wilson-will-there-be-a-supremes-reunion_video_2205437

smark21
06-12-2014, 08:27 PM
Probably it was a website feature for Access Hollywood. That show is geared toward the young audience who want to know the latest about Kardashians, Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez, etc.

reese
06-12-2014, 08:37 PM
I missed the first 10 minutes of Access Hollywood, but watched the rest of the show and I didn't see Mary. Was she on during the first 10 minutes, or was her segment bumped? Is Access Hollywood different than Access Hollywood Live? Anyway, I found this video.

http://www.accesshollywood.com/mary-wilson-will-there-be-a-supremes-reunion_video_2205437

I think ACCESS HOLLYWOOD LIVE airs in certain markets, and some of its interviews make their way to the ACCESS HOLLYWOOD show that airs in syndication.

milven
06-12-2014, 08:57 PM
I just watched Access and saw Mary only for about three seconds on a couch with black outfit and short hair. Did a search and think I found the interview.

jobeterob
06-12-2014, 11:36 PM
It's nice there is some recognition of Where Did Our Love Go and 50 years, be in 3 seconds or a minute.

Mary has to milk this for what she can; she still wants her career; and she is the Supremes spokesman; Diana passed that to her in 1970.

milven
06-12-2014, 11:48 PM
I was supposed to paste two links above but just noticed that I pasted the same link twice Below is the other part

http://www.accesshollywood.com/mary-wilson-talks-supremes-beginnings_video_2205537

marv2
06-12-2014, 11:51 PM
It's nice there is some recognition of Where Did Our Love Go and 50 years, be in 3 seconds or a minute.

Mary has to milk this for what she can; she still wants her career; and she is the Supremes spokesman; Diana passed that to her in 1970.

Also, I am pretty sure no one wants to reach out to Diana Ross especially to discuss the accomplishments of the Supremes. Mary is the go to person always.

REDHOT
06-13-2014, 10:09 AM
I really Enjoyed watching Mary Wilson yesterday,on Access Hollywood,she really looked great,would love to see Mary and Diana do an interview together,now that would be something, for us true Supremes Fans

marybrewster
06-13-2014, 11:06 AM
Andy's clarification came AFTER Carl's initial post so I actually didn't know what these appearances were...

That was very rude and bitchy of me; I apologize!

jobeterob
06-13-2014, 11:12 AM
Mary, you are never bitchy!

Motown Queen
06-13-2014, 12:09 PM
Thanks for posting those clips! Hard to believe Mary is 70, she could pass for 50. She looks good and I wish the interviewers could ask different questions, but oh well.

Lulu
06-13-2014, 01:27 PM
That was very rude and bitchy of me; I apologize!

That's quite alright, darlin'!

Lulu
06-13-2014, 01:29 PM
Good timing for Mary today on The Talk: Kendall and Kylie Jenner are also appearing so she should get a healthy audience!

Just to clarify [[and believe me, I'm not a fan): Kendall and Kylie are Kris [[Kardashian) and Bruce Jenner's youngest and are all the rage now that the older girls are moving on.

Lulu
06-13-2014, 01:36 PM
Also, I am pretty sure no one wants to reach out to Diana Ross especially to discuss the accomplishments of the Supremes. Mary is the go to person always.

It's true. She did pretty well back in '93/94 here and especially in the UK and Asia celebrating the 30th anniversary of their first Top 40 hit. One Woman,while far from my favorite compilation, knocked 'em dead. Mary, the FLOS and Susaye are having an awesome year keeping the Supremes stuff out there and who the heck ever thought we'd see the last two Supremes celebrating Partners with a show?!? It's really a good time to be a Supremes fan as all of them [[Cindy and Jean aside) are out and about these days. Now if we could just keep marybrewster and the rest of the fans [[me too!) happy and get that Go Go​ album out on CD, we can all collectively toast the last 40 years! I for one, never imagined in 1994 that we'd still be seeing these gals out hoofin' in 20 years!

jobeterob
06-13-2014, 01:59 PM
A Go Go and Baby It's Me would be two of the top bonuses of all time.

Good post Lulu.

marv2
06-13-2014, 02:25 PM
Thanks for posting those clips! Hard to believe Mary is 70, she could pass for 50. She looks good and I wish the interviewers could ask different questions, but oh well.

Just saw Mary on "The Talk" and no one believed she was 70 either. She looked spectacular!

rrussi
06-13-2014, 02:28 PM
I just saw her on The Talk. she looks good. However, not much time spent with her or on the topic of the 50th anniversary since their first number one hit. And certainly not enough media coverage in general considering they were the top American group of the '60s and the top female group in the world. They were one of the top 3 music groups along with the Beatles and the Rolling Stones. Here in America you only seem to generate media coverage when you pass away.

Lulu
06-13-2014, 02:34 PM
I just saw her on The Talk. she looks good. However, not much time spent with her or on the topic of the 50th anniversary since their first number one hit. And certainly not enough media coverage in general considering they were the top American group of the '60s and the top female group in the world. They were one of the top 3 music groups along with the Beatles and the Rolling Stones. Here in America you only seem to generate media coverage when you pass away.

Darn it! We got tornado warnings here...I'll have to catch online!

milven
06-13-2014, 04:59 PM
DVRd and just watched it. Segment was short. She looked terrific and was charming.

Motown Queen
06-13-2014, 05:01 PM
Just saw Mary on "The Talk" and no one believed she was 70 either. She looked spectacular!
Yes, she did! And she seems to be in great spirits. Very glad to see that.

Motown Queen
06-13-2014, 05:17 PM
That's my big issue! I feel that compared to those groups, The Supremes don't get enough coverage. People forget how big The Supremes were and how many barriers they broke down. I mean this was at the height of The Civil Rights Movement. Another interesting thing I noticed when I looked at the 60's charts, There were few women on the charts that had consecutive number one hit songs, besides the Supremes. So you could say that The Supremes were the biggest female act period, in that era.

RossHolloway
06-13-2014, 05:22 PM
Or if you're a white -male group.

skooldem1
06-13-2014, 05:25 PM
I DVR'd it and just now watched. Mary was on for less than 5 minutes. I was expecting much more.

rod_rick
06-13-2014, 06:05 PM
Is the Talk online?

blackguy69
06-13-2014, 06:30 PM
its online. i just watched it

marv2
06-13-2014, 07:01 PM
Is the Talk online?

Hey Rod, you can see the show here :http://www.cbs.com/shows/the_talk/video/

Lulu
06-13-2014, 08:34 PM
That's my big issue! I feel that compared to those groups, The Supremes don't get enough coverage. People forget how big The Supremes were and how many barriers they broke down. I mean this was at the height of The Civil Rights Movement. Another interesting thing I noticed when I looked at the 60's charts, There were few women on the charts that had consecutive number one hit songs, besides the Supremes. So you could say that The Supremes were the biggest female act period, in that era.

Yes...being black and female has always been an issue for their legacy. The Beatles and Elvis...all over/everywhere! Think we'll see a Life magazine "Supremes" commemorative edition anytime soon? Nope! GRRRRR....:mad:

marv2
06-13-2014, 08:55 PM
Yes...being black and female has always been an issue for their legacy. The Beatles and Elvis...all over/everywhere! Think we'll see a Life magazine "Supremes" commemorative edition anytime soon? Nope! GRRRRR....:mad:

Well I can never run out of praise for Mary Wilson for doing her part. She is the one responsible for the comemorative magazine that was published and put on sale last year. Thank you Mary! Now if Berry Gordy decides to do something to honor them, that would be great also. Where's Oprah?

rrussi
06-13-2014, 10:05 PM
I am sure the Supremes were on Ed Sullivan, the show of the 60s onTV, more than any other musical act of that era. I think he really loved them. And, yes, I think they did a lot for racial equality in this country too. It seems they were soooo visable on TV in the 1960s.

Crystaledwards
06-13-2014, 10:23 PM
Well I can never run out of praise for Mary Wilson for doing her part. She is the one responsible for the comemorative magazine that was published and put on sale last year. Thank you Mary! Now if Berry Gordy decides to do something to honor them, that would be great also. Where's Oprah?

Once again your "Go Mary" repetitive banter involves misinterpretations along with your own personal perceptions.

It was Marc Bego that put up most of the money for 50th Aniversary Supremes magazine which didn't come out last year. It came out in late November of 2012 and dissapeared six weeks later. The magazine was filled with photos from Miss Wilson's personal collection and photographs she received from generous fans who she should have given credit to but didn't.

I purchased the magazine and although I somewhat enjoyed it, I did think it was rather shoddily put together.

CE

Lulu
06-13-2014, 10:44 PM
Once again your "Go Mary" repetitive banter involves misinterpretations along with your own personal perceptions.

It was Marc Bego that put up most of the money for 50th Aniversary Supremes magazine which didn't come out last year. It came out in late November of 2012 and dissapeared six weeks later. The magazine was filled with photos from Miss Wilson's personal collection and photographs she received from generous fans who she should have given credit to but didn't.

I purchased the magazine and although I somewhat enjoyed it, I did think it was rather shoddily put together.

CE

I wasn't crazy about the quality of the magazine and I usually mmmm...kind of teeter around anything Miss Bego has her hands in. I appreciate the effort but as I said, I wish it had been done by a bigger outlet like Time/Life.

Lulu
06-13-2014, 11:02 PM
Well, I finally watched The Talk! Mary was delightful as usual! Her wig was quite lovely and I thought her dress and jewelry were quite appropriate for the afternoon circuit. I just wish we had gotten a few more minutes!!!

marv2
06-13-2014, 11:08 PM

CE

Go Mary! If it weren't for her, we would not have had even that! I appreciate all her efforts!

Crystaledwards
06-13-2014, 11:11 PM
I wasn't crazy about the quality of the magazine and I usually mmmm...kind of teeter around anything Miss Bego has her hands in. I appreciate the effort but as I said, I wish it had been done by a bigger outlet like Time/Life.

Marc Bego isn't much of writer in my opinion, but he obviously did something right as thousands more adequate writers can't get a book published. A book doesn't have to be Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment, but it should be well written and interesting The few Bego books I have attempted to read are lifeless and erroneous drek.

CE

Crystaledwards
06-13-2014, 11:15 PM
Go Mary! If it weren't for her, we would not have had even that! I appreciate all her efforts!

Im sure Miss Wilson appreciates your appreciation.

Go Kings! The Stanley Cup is in your grasp.

CE

Lulu
06-13-2014, 11:15 PM
Marc Bego isn't much of writer in my opinion, but he obviously did something right as thousands more adequate writers can't get a book published. A book doesn't have to be Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment, but it should be well written and interesting The few Bego books I have attempted to read are lifeless and erroneous drek.

CE

I agree. His "Aretha" bio put me to sleeeeeeepppppppppppp! Didn't he write some "crime" novel about Motown where the characters were thinly veiled versions of our dear artists?

Crystaledwards
06-13-2014, 11:17 PM
Well, I finally watched The Talk! Mary was delightful as usual! Her wig was quite lovely and I thought her dress and jewelry were quite appropriate for the afternoon circuit. I just wish we had gotten a few more minutes!!!

Would you be so kind as to provide a link Lulu? I have no idea what The Talk is but I would like to see Mary Wilson.

CE

marv2
06-13-2014, 11:30 PM
Mary Wilson on "The Talk":

Lulu
06-13-2014, 11:30 PM
Would you be so kind as to provide a link Lulu? I have no idea what The Talk is but I would like to see Mary Wilson.

CE

It's like The View but less "opinionated"

http://www.cbs.com/shows/the_talk/video/

marv2
06-13-2014, 11:33 PM

CE

Marc Bego has over 10 million books in print.

Crystaledwards
06-13-2014, 11:57 PM

Quantity doesn't equate to quality Marvin. Mark Bego's writing is discursive and embellished in my opinion. As for 10 million books in print, well I wouldn't give much credence to Mark Bego's website or Wikipedia.

CE

Crystaledwards
06-14-2014, 12:06 AM
It's like The View but less "opinionated"

http://www.cbs.com/shows/the_talk/video/

Thank you.

CE

smark21
06-14-2014, 01:12 PM

That's because he's written about 10 million books.

smark21
06-14-2014, 01:15 PM
That magazine Mary and Mark Bego put out back in NOv. 2012 was nice for what it was. It was a low budget effort; a shame Time Life or Rolling Stone hadn't issued one--it would have had better paper stock and a wider variety of writing and contributions. The magazine was essentially the coffee table book Mary had been talking about for years. Obviously she couldn't find a publisher so she went the magazine route. If only the magazine had had a couple more writers contributing to it to make a more interesting read. And some of the things in that magazine, like the paper dolls and recipes, were stuff to fill out the pages allotted for the issue.