PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes It's Better Not Knowing

test

arrr&bee
11-04-2010, 04:04 PM
You know gang,as I read these post on The Supremes and the bitterness that comes out as folks voice opinions and get angry I have to look back to when there were NO BOOKS just an article here an there about our favs and we were content just listening to the wonderful music coming outta that small house in Detroit on West Grand,listen folks what Berry,Diana,Otis,Mary,Marvin,Flo,HDH and all of them did behind the scenes is of little concern to us because what they did was bring forth some of the most memorable and beautiful music of all time and THAT my friends is what we should be remembering them for...MOTOWN FOREVER!!!

marv2
11-04-2010, 04:15 PM
AMEN! and if you are going to talk about this stuff, at least get it right! I so much agree with you arrr&bee.

soulster
11-04-2010, 06:12 PM
I have long said that it's probably better not to know about the personal crap of your favorite artists. It gets in the way of enjoying their music. The music is the bottom line for me.

marv2
11-04-2010, 06:27 PM
I have long said that it's probably better not to know about the personal crap of your favorite artists. It gets in the way of enjoying their music. The music is the bottom line for me.

As the saying goes here in New York, "If you want to enjoy the show, then don't go back stage to see what they have to go through to get ready!"

jobeterob
11-04-2010, 06:41 PM
I'm reading Mark Ribowsky's book on Stevie Wonder and while it is very informative and pretty well written, he has now done a number on Stevie, divulging every semi salacious item he could come up with on Stevie, his Mother, his Father etc.

But isn't it mostly just us fans that care about these details? I have gone to a couple Diana Ross concerts in the last 3 years and it's mostly just a bunch of old people who don't care about anything other than the songs and having a good time.

soulster
11-04-2010, 06:46 PM
Well, I should have been more precise: unless it directly affects the music, I do not need to know the artist's personal business.

topdiva1
11-04-2010, 08:34 PM
As the saying goes here in New York, "If you want to enjoy the show, then don't go back stage to see what they have to go through to get ready!"

This is so true.