PDA

View Full Version : Motown Remixed series

test

marymary
06-05-2014, 06:39 PM
I searched for some mentions of the Motown Remixed CDs and couldn't seem to find any here. I enjoyed both of them and I just went to Amazon to see if there was any discussion of a vol 3 and based on the reviews I may be the only person who liked vol 2! I actually liked it more than vol 1...it had some serious low points but I still play a few of its tracks to this day.

I suppose it's more work to put together for Motown than to slap a few Supremes songs together and put out the 897th version of their Greatest Hits, but seeing more original/unusual releases from them would be great! I think there really is a market for it...the remix of the Tempts' Power from the Blackberry commercial was so well received they commissioned a full-length version and put it on the Tempts' latest hits anthology. No reason why that couldn't happen again on a larger scale if Motown spends a little time finding some quality remixers, and maybe nixing the CD "themes" so they don't have to limit themselves...

jack020
06-06-2014, 01:57 AM
Tom Moulton would be perfect for the job and then we can finally hear his 20 minute version of Love Hangover that Motown was not willing to release before!

paul_nixon
06-06-2014, 03:54 AM
Absolutely right on jack020

Hotspurman
06-06-2014, 04:41 AM
Somewhere on You Tube [[and I was probably directed there by someone on here) there was a truly stunning mash-up mix of Ball Of Confusion by Undisputed Truth and The Temptations - I'd love to see that given an official release....

milven
06-06-2014, 08:02 AM
Tom Moulton would be perfect for the job and then we can finally hear his 20 minute version of Love Hangover that Motown was not willing to release before!

I love the remixes he did with the Philadelphia Sound. He keeps the integrity of the original and makes them better, not different. I have a fifteen minute Tom Moulton Love Hangover somewhere. I didn't know there was also a twenty minute version.

marymary
06-06-2014, 02:58 PM
A Tom Moulton-themed one would be fabulous, and could definitely be marketed on the strength of Tom's reputation alone. Actually a non-Motown compilation would be fine too! If my copy of A Tom Moulton Mix were on vinyl I would have worn out a bunch of needles playing it [[it has a mix of Keep On Truckin for the Motown connection).

This is a new mix I found, I believe it was part of Jimmy's post-Motown career but it's one of his best I think, and Tom's mix is terrific.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qgvfcmqg-U