PDA

View Full Version : Diana Ross is pushed through LAX in a wheelchair... but then gets up and walks

test

milven
06-02-2014, 10:20 AM
I am reluctant to post this here because it may cause our resident Diane Hater to salivate and possibly come in his pants, but I will take that chance.
I think the article is making a bit much about nothing.

The article mentions that Diana is pushed through LAX in a wheelchair... but then strangely gets up and leaves terminal unaided

I know a few people her age who use wheelchairs in airports even though they can walk perfectly fine. They have unseen health issues.

I do have one criticism about the article. It says that her make-up free skin looked flawless, but to me it seemed that she was wearing make-up, not stage make-up , but regular street make-up

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2645760/Diana-Ross-70-pushed-LAX-wheelchair-strangely-gets-leaves-terminal-unaided.html

soulballad
06-02-2014, 11:15 AM
This is not an attack on you, but this is not a story! Being pushed in a wheel chair is not a big deal! this lady is 70 years old and probably just tired, I mean she's been doing this for over 50 years. Hopefully all is well but to me this doesn't warrant a write up.

Lulu
06-02-2014, 11:28 AM
This is not an attack on you, but this is not a story! Being pushed in a wheel chair is not a big deal! this lady is 70 years old and probably just tired, I mean she's been doing this for over 50 years. Hopefully all is well but to me this doesn't warrant a write up.

I'm right there with you my friend. This is the kind of crap I wish we didn't have to weed through on these forums. I for one, don't care what goes on with these people outside of the music. The Smokey and Claudette threads were at least relevant as they dealt with copyright and royalty issues related to the music we all love and enjoy. I just don't see what Jermaine Jackson's child support issues or Diana Ross's weekly trip to Ralph's has to do with the price of tea in China!

milven
06-02-2014, 11:30 AM
I agree with you. It is not a story. As I said, it is a bit much about nothing. But it is on the net, so I posted the link for SDF readers who may be interested

Lulu
06-02-2014, 12:03 PM
I agree with you. It is not a story. As I said, it is a bit much about nothing. But it is on the net, so I posted the link for SDF readers who may be interested

No harm! No foul!

jobeterob
06-02-2014, 12:29 PM
Her and Mary ride the wheelchairs to avoid encounters with Marv.

marv2
06-02-2014, 12:45 PM

That is not true Jobeterob, but thanks for the shout out.

jobeterob
06-02-2014, 01:50 PM
That is not true Jobeterob, but thanks for the shout out.

That's a good reply Marv; you've kept the anger in rein this time.

It probably is difficult to get close to Diane.

Lulu
06-02-2014, 02:05 PM
That's a good reply Marv; you've kept the anger in rein this time.

It probably is difficult to get close to Diane.

It's not really...all in the approach.

soulster
06-02-2014, 02:31 PM
I am reluctant to post this here because it may cause our resident Diane Hater to salivate and possibly come in his pants, but I will take that chance.

[/QUOTE] ^ This is the kind of crap that causes problems on this forum, not any "hater". That above statement was designed to bait and stir up shit.

soulster
06-02-2014, 02:33 PM

And, so, it begins.

Marv, you would be wise to not even post here.

ralpht
06-02-2014, 02:34 PM
I wasn't thrilled with that post, Rob.

jobeterob
06-02-2014, 04:50 PM
Ya, it was marginal; his reply was better. I'll be nicer.

If she's getting her pictures in a New York Paper together with a lengthy article, it seems reasonable enough to post about on SD.

smark21
06-02-2014, 08:13 PM
Walking through an airport ambulatory and without assistance is an optional lifestyle choice for divas.

BayouMotownMan
06-02-2014, 08:46 PM
Am I remembering correctly or didn't Ross injure a foot or an ankle a while back? As someone with a permanent back injury, one has good days and bad. She's also had a recent weight gain which could aggravate that. I've noticed on recent YouTube postings she's not as mobile on stage as she once was, but I chalked it up to advancing years. Overall, she's holding up quite well for a 70 year old, but I'm betting personal appearances will start to be cut down soon.

Lulu
06-02-2014, 09:10 PM
Am I remembering correctly or didn't Ross injure a foot or an ankle a while back? As someone with a permanent back injury, one has good days and bad. She's also had a recent weight gain which could aggravate that. I've noticed on recent YouTube postings she's not as mobile on stage as she once was, but I chalked it up to advancing years. Overall, she's holding up quite well for a 70 year old, but I'm betting personal appearances will start to be cut down soon.

She broke her ankle last year at Naomi Campbell's birthday party.

Motown Queen
06-02-2014, 09:19 PM
Diana looks great! And maybe I'm in the minority, but I like seeing recent pics of Diana. Thanks for posting this.

REDHOT
06-03-2014, 06:26 AM
we're all be 70 one day,and hope we live to be 70,Diana in a Wheelchair is no big deal,it is what it is.

radionixon
06-03-2014, 10:34 AM
A great many wheelchair users and owners are able to walk unaided, just not all the time. The perception that you only get to use a chair if you're visibly injured, paraplegic, or otherwise confined to it in some way is widespread, but wrong.

Anyway, as tabloid-feeding diva behaviour goes, "70 year old woman with bad ankle uses wheelchair in airport" is a pretty poor show. From that article and some of the comments, you'd think she'd demanded eight burly, well-oiled porters carry her on a Chippendale fainting couch, with stewardesses feeding her grapes and spreading rose petals in her path on the travelator, and the TSA instructed to cavity search anyone who tried to make eye contact.

kenneth
06-03-2014, 12:54 PM
She broke her ankle last year at Naomi Campbell's birthday party.

Yes, I thought I remembered that incident. Also, it could be she just gets tired or maybe she feels it's easier to avoid the crowds if someone is pushing her in a chair because people will respect the chair more than the person. My mom walks just fine, and she's obviously older than Diane, but she always gets a chair at the airport because of the long walks in the terminal to the gates.

Weird article, too. It referred to her as the "disco legend." Hmm...were they thinking of another singer whose first name also started with 'D'?

I agree with a poster in another thread though. Those Uggs just gotta go!

thomas96
06-03-2014, 02:53 PM

Completely immature.

jillfoster
06-03-2014, 03:30 PM

and this is most likely the case. Whenever you have an injury, broken bone, etc. especially in older people, then many times you are fine unless the said body part is stressed, or fatigued. It makes sense to me.

captainjames
06-03-2014, 04:20 PM
I remember when I broke my toe and was trying to catch my plane in a Texas airport. There was no way I was going to make it limping so they brought me a wheelchair. No one took my picture.

jobeterob
06-03-2014, 05:30 PM
I remember when I broke my toe and was trying to catch my plane in a Texas airport. There was no way I was going to make it limping so they brought me a wheelchair. No one took my picture.

Captain: If you had managed to go prancing around a stage 40 years ago singing you were the greatest star with Mary and Cindy prancing behind you confirming that yes, you were the greatest star ~ then you'd have got your picture taken.

Well maybe you'd have to get some big hair too.

smark21
06-03-2014, 08:28 PM
Well hopefully next time she doesn't want to walk through an airport terminal she'll be carried around on a throne by some scantily clad muscle guys. That's much more diva-esque than a wheelchair.

arr&bee
06-04-2014, 02:44 AM
With all her dough,couldn't she get one with a motor???

Methuselah2
06-04-2014, 03:11 AM
Maybe I can throw in a smile here:

http://www.voicesofeastanglia.com/2011/08/im-a-record-cover-sleeve-faces.html