PDA

View Full Version : Motown and more tonight on PBS

test

tjl
05-31-2014, 02:59 PM
Hi all:

I meant to share this with you earlier - a great night for soul and Motown tonight on PBS [[check local listings);

“My Music: ‘50s & ‘60s Party Songs” will be the first episode of the popular My Music series to showcase all upbeat sounds played at parties during the magic baby-boomer era, beginning with the explosion of Checker’s The Twist and ending with the frat-rock sounds of The Kingsmen’s Louie, Louie. These otherwise lost performances have been remastered by TJL, providing viewers with a never-before-seen look and sound of their favorite blasts from their party past.

Checker and Lubinsky will guide viewers through the sounds of the late ‘50s and into the late ‘60s from their own perspective, while Danny & The Juniors and The Dovells will unite for special interviews.

Aretha Franklin, Queen of Soul and Former “My Music: Soul Rewind” host notes, “As artists and as fans, we can count on both TJL and PBS to preserve, protect and present the great treasury that is our musical heritage.” “The youthful, edgy sounds of performers like Little Richard, Tommy James and Martha Reeves are as relevant today as they were at their time of release,” said My Music creator, director and producer, TJ Lubinsky. “For me, music connects us with the past and bonds older and younger generations.”

The party starts with the following popular songs: Rock Around the Clock, Tutti Frutti, Great Balls of Fire, Blueberry Hill, Splish Splash, Rockin’ Robin, At The Hop, Bristol Stomp. The Twist/Let’s Twist Again, Hanky Panky, Dancing in the Street, Keep on Dancing, Wooly Bully, Do You Love Me, Louie, Louie, Get Ready, Mickey’s Monkey, Do Wah Diddy Diddy, Hang On Sloopy, Mony Mony, Land of 1000 Dances, Respect, Build Me Up Buttercup, Brown Eyed Girl, Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In and Na Na Hey Kiss Him Goodbye.

The companion CD set offers original hit recordings from Smokey Robinson & The Miracles, Chuck Berry, The Four Seasons, Temptations, Aretha Franklin, Tommy James & The Shondells, Fats Domino, Jerry Lee Lewis, Little Richard, Four Tops, Mitch Ryder & The Detroit Wheels, The Supremes, Wilson Pickett, Van Morrison, The 5th Dimension, The Isley Brothers, Lesley Gore, Sly & The Family Stone, The Kingsmen, Martha & The Vandellas and many more.

Lubinsky hosts a popular Sunday evening Live radio request program on New Jersey’s WJRZ-FM 100.1, streamed live worldwide on wjrz.com, I-Heart radio and android phones playing popular classic hits requests and dedications from the ‘60s, ‘70s and ‘80s.

https://www.facebook.com/tj.lubinsky

Jimi LaLumia
05-31-2014, 04:03 PM
great...sharing this with the world..

milven
05-31-2014, 04:09 PM
Saw this in my listings this morning and thought it was a rerun. Just set my DVR. Thanks