PDA

View Full Version : EXTREMELY Rare Temptations Performance!!!!

test

marv2
05-30-2014, 07:10 PM
I was startled to come across this clip of the Tempts from the Andy Williams Show from around 1970 singing and performing: "Ungena Za Ulimwengu [[Unite The World)" and "Workin' on a Groovy Thing". Check this out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9509EtbBXrY

soulballad
05-30-2014, 07:56 PM
This is really great! Thanks for posting. The Tempts are in top form as usual. I also always liked Cass Elliott too.

blackguy69
05-30-2014, 09:13 PM
i saw this clip this was post a month or so ago. very good performance

marv2
05-30-2014, 11:00 PM
i saw this clip this was post a month or so ago. very good performance

Really? Where? On SDF?

soulwally
05-31-2014, 07:01 AM
A few things here. I search youtube all the time for Tempts' performances, and I've never seen this. Thanks marv. Unite The World, of course, was their big flop after a super chart run. If it is a 1970 show, this must go down as one of the final appearances of Eddie and Paul in the group that survives on film.
We used to get The Andy Williams Show in the UK and it was a rare chance to see the American performers who rarely made it over here. I remember Gladys and the Pips doing Friendship Train, a clip I think is to be found on youtube. However I never saw this.
And, I've always liked Working on a groovy thing, so it was good to see this odd mix of performers doing it.

144man
05-31-2014, 07:19 AM
I also used to watch Andy Williams Show in the UK and remember Gladys Knight & Pips performing "Friendship Train", but I too have never saw this Temptations' excellent performance on TV. Thanks for posting, Marv.

blackguy69
05-31-2014, 10:12 AM
saw it on youtube when it was first uploaded

marv2
05-31-2014, 12:33 PM
You all are very welcome. I also use to watch the Andy Williams Show regularly but must have missed this particular episode. I am happy someone saved it and shared it all these years later. This has to be one of the last television appearances Paul Williams and Eddie Kendricks did with the group. The very last one I believe was "Just My Imagination" on the Ed Sullivan Show.

dvus7
05-31-2014, 04:56 PM
You all are very welcome. I also use to watch the Andy Williams Show regularly but must have missed this particular episode. I am happy someone saved it and shared it all these years later. This has to be one of the last television appearances Paul Williams and Eddie Kendricks did with the group. The very last one I believe was "Just My Imagination" on the Ed Sullivan Show.

You are correct, Marv, about Eddie.....Thanks for the find!!!!

marv2
05-31-2014, 05:38 PM
You are correct, Marv, about Eddie.....Thanks for the find!!!!

You are very welcome Dvus! This also is Dennis at the height of his powers. He was in his prime and he knew it!

marv2
05-31-2014, 05:42 PM
It just struck me at how diversified this performance and Andy's show was. Did you check that out? Amazing for 1970.

detmotownguy
06-01-2014, 07:46 AM
Hey Marv! Been a while man! I have been sailing again in the West Indies but back in the swing of things. Heard Red Hot in a small bar in St. Lucia! Anyway thanks for posting this rare clip. Your input is always appreciated. Talk to you soon.

marv2
06-01-2014, 05:27 PM
Hey Marv! Been a while man! I have been sailing again in the West Indies but back in the swing of things. Heard Red Hot in a small bar in St. Lucia! Anyway thanks for posting this rare clip. Your input is always appreciated. Talk to you soon.

Hey Detmotownguy, how have you been man? You are lucky to be enjoying the West Indies while I am here barbequing in my back yard....boring! LOL! I always get a kick out of hearing Mary's solo recordings when I least expect it like this Khol's Dept. store employee hearing "Walk the Line" on their store system a few months for the first time. I am on my way back to Boston soon, then Detroit and hopefully Canada!!!!!

arr&bee
06-02-2014, 12:36 AM
I have that performance on a dvd of temps hits.

tallone
06-03-2014, 07:27 PM
The first time I say this one ever. I was in Vietnam during that time, so you know, after 45 years, this is indeed a treat for me. Thanks for sharing.

marv2
06-03-2014, 07:29 PM
The first time I say this one ever. I was in Vietnam during that time, so you know, after 45 years, this is indeed a treat for me. Thanks for sharing.

Tallone, you are most welcome and God Bless for being one of our Vets!!!