PDA

View Full Version : The Original Vandellas LIVE!

test

marv2
05-29-2014, 01:16 PM
Looking and sounding great from last summer......The Original Vandellas!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfVp_Zjbb2I

motony
05-29-2014, 04:06 PM
oh well, I prefer Martha.How great Martha was to share in the spoils with the Vandellas when they were inducted in the R & B Hall of Fame, Vocal Group Hall of Fame & Rock N Roll Hall of Fame.

marybrewster
05-30-2014, 08:33 AM
How great Martha was to share in the spoils with the Vandellas when they were inducted in the R & B Hall of Fame, Vocal Group Hall of Fame & Rock N Roll Hall of Fame.

Well why wouldn't she or shouldn't she? The Rock Hall wasn't inducting Martha as a soloist; only makes sense she would include all of the Vandellas.

Would there even be a Martha Reeves if not for the Vandellas?

blueskies
05-30-2014, 03:08 PM
Who is the lead singer?

marv2
05-30-2014, 06:30 PM
Who is the lead singer?

She is Roschelle Laughhunn.

paul_nixon
05-31-2014, 02:31 AM
She is Roschelle Laughhunn.

I could at least listen to a whole concert by this incarnation the lead singer has a great voice

mwmr
05-31-2014, 12:31 PM
oh dear.... not a patch on THE legend that is Martha Reeves...

and yes there would be a Martha Reeves without the Vandellas..it was Martha who was invited to audition for Motown...and then she brought the girls at a later date

paul_nixon
06-01-2014, 07:48 AM
Juts deleted my original reply to the above post as it was a bit harsh but I have to say that singer in the video whoever she is does a fine job on the Vandellas originals much better that I have seen of late

supremester
06-03-2014, 04:00 PM
This woman is great - much better than I expected, but no one can replace Martha in my heart. It was cool of Martha to include all Vandellas - I wish all Supremes - especially Cindy - would have been embraced at all of their honors. I have heard Miss Ross was not happy about the exclusions - especially Cindy.
oh well, I prefer Martha.How great Martha was to share in the spoils with the Vandellas when they were inducted in the R & B Hall of Fame, Vocal Group Hall of Fame & Rock N Roll Hall of Fame.

marv2
06-03-2014, 04:21 PM
I have heard Miss Ross was not happy about the exclusions - especially Cindy.

and you saw how much anyone cared, right? LOL!

marv2
06-03-2014, 04:25 PM
Here the ladies perform " Jimmy Mack / Dancing In The Streets":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVbEd5RGWmo

marv2
06-03-2014, 04:36 PM
Check them out! This ladies [[Rosalind, Annette and Roschelle) the Vandellas sound great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXb5fCP60O4

smark21
06-03-2014, 08:27 PM
Going by her Facebook feed, Roschelle is a nice woman and she's well worth following over there.

marv2
06-03-2014, 10:02 PM
Going by her Facebook feed, Roschelle is a nice woman and she's well worth following over there.

From all reports Roschelle is a very nice and very talented woman. I support her and the Original Vandellas.

Crystaledwards
06-04-2014, 12:22 AM
From all reports Roschelle is a very nice and very talented woman. I support her and the Original Vandellas.

I am sure they all appreciate such a ringing endorsement.

CE

supremester
06-04-2014, 01:47 AM
Only Miss Ross , Cindy, Scherrie, Lynda and Susaye cared. And the fans.
and you saw how much anyone cared, right? LOL!

supremester
06-04-2014, 01:48 AM
CE: LOL - we're even!

soulballad
06-04-2014, 08:15 AM
Check them out! This ladies [[Rosalind, Annette and Roschelle) the Vandellas sound great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXb5fCP60O4

These ladies sound really good. I also like the fact that they use the original arrangements for the songs. Roz and Annette always had a really good vocal blend.

mr_june
06-06-2014, 09:29 AM
I'm late to the party, so how come Martha is not singing with the group these days? It says "the original Vandellas."

theboyfromxtown
06-06-2014, 04:48 PM
Martha does still perform with one Motown Vandella, but that is her sister Lois. Another sister, Delphine now steps in as the third Vandella and at their recent performance in London for the opening of a Motown photo exhibition, Martha stated that Delphine had been touring with her as a Vandella since the 1990's.

smark21
06-06-2014, 08:38 PM
Because Martha does not get along with Rosalind and Annette, and vice versa. So they now have separate acts. A friend of mine who attended the Motown the Musical Family Night last year observed that Martha was seated in a different part of the theater from Rosalind and Annette and they did not interact at all before, during and after the show.