PDA

View Full Version : Elliot Rodger - California shooter angry at women who rejected him

test

soulster
05-27-2014, 07:00 PM
Has anyone read the Manifesto [[https://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.documentcloud.org/documents/1173619/rodger-manifesto.pdf) of the shooter?
https://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.documentcloud.org/documents/1173619/rodger-manifesto.pdf

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/26/opinion/powell-manhood-rodgers-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/26/justice/california-elliot-rodger-timeline/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

thomas96
05-27-2014, 09:44 PM
Don't feel like reading a 150 page manifesto about killing people. This kid was sick and it's too bad the authorities couldn't do anything about it even while knowing it. I feel terrible for the families of the victims, and the Rodger family. Such a tragedy.

soulster
05-27-2014, 11:07 PM
Don't feel like reading a 150 page manifesto about killing people. This kid was sick and it's too bad the authorities couldn't do anything about it even while knowing it. I feel terrible for the families of the victims, and the Rodger family. Such a tragedy. It's not even a manifesto. It's an autobiography, and about how he was sex-starved and how he just wanted sex, but couldn't get it

This isn't really about killing, or even guns.

The authorities could do something about it, but wouldn't. The police who were called didn't even investigate.

MotownSteve
05-27-2014, 11:09 PM
I don't think we should ever hear his name again!

soulster
05-28-2014, 01:44 AM
No, we should hear his name, and often, and the media is doing the right thing. Not to sound like i'm supporting the gun nuts, but, the problem is that everyone is focusing on guns, and that really isn't the issue.

The issue is about how the mental health system failed the young man.

This is how law enforcement didn't do their job, and isn't trained in mental health issues.

This is about how men and women do not communicate, and how the media gives us false ideas about how the world should be.

It's about how our society rewards the "alpha male".

It's about the privileged, and how they feel entitled to have everything they desire without question.

It's about how violence is rewarded. We are taught that killing is the best way to remove our problems. Witness some states trying hard to come up with either different drugs for the death penalty, or bring back previously used, barbaric methods.

And, lastly, as a side note, we should talk about legalizing prostitution. If the guy had access to the sex he needed, perhaps he would not have gone on his little rampage. We actually don't know that for a fact, but it makes sense.

WE don't need more prayer and just wait for divine intervention to just "fix it" for us. We need action, and we need to do it ourselves!

marv2
05-31-2014, 08:19 PM
White guy killer syndrome: Elliot Rodger’s deadly, privileged rage
http://www.salon.com/2014/05/27/white_guy_killer_syndrome_elliot_rodgers_deadly_pr ivileged_rage/

thomas96
06-01-2014, 03:13 PM
No, we should hear his name, and often, and the media is doing the right thing. Not to sound like i'm supporting the gun nuts, but, the problem is that everyone is focusing on guns, and that really isn't the issue.

The issue is about how the mental health system failed the young man.

This is how law enforcement didn't do their job, and isn't trained in mental health issues.

This is about how men and women do not communicate, and how the media gives us false ideas about how the world should be.

It's about how our society rewards the "alpha male".

It's about the privileged, and how they feel entitled to have everything they desire without question.

It's about how violence is rewarded. We are taught that killing is the best way to remove our problems. Witness some states trying hard to come up with either different drugs for the death penalty, or bring back previously used, barbaric methods.

And, lastly, as a side note, we should talk about legalizing prostitution. If the guy had access to the sex he needed, perhaps he would not have gone on his little rampage. We actually don't know that for a fact, but it makes sense.

WE don't need more prayer and just wait for divine intervention to just "fix it" for us. We need action, and we need to do it ourselves!

I disagree that we should hear his name all the time, but yeah the problem is the mental health system not the guns. Hell, he killed 3 people with a knife before he shot others. If prostitution and marijuana were legalized, regulated, and taxed, the country would be much better off.

soulster
06-01-2014, 07:18 PM
White guy killer syndrome: Elliot Rodger’s deadly, privileged rage
http://www.salon.com/2014/05/27/white_guy_killer_syndrome_elliot_rodgers_deadly_pr ivileged_rage/

It's unfortunate that Salon decided to use that term, because Rodger was biracial. The problem is that he grew up somewhat privileged, or at least his family has money.

soulster
06-01-2014, 07:24 PM
I disagree that we should hear his name all the time, but yeah the problem is the mental health system not the guns. Hell, he killed 3 people with a knife before he shot others. If prostitution and marijuana were legalized, regulated, and taxed, the country would be much better off.

There's two sets of thought: one is that we should not give him the glory by repeating his name, and the other is that we should expose him for what he was. You can't control what people do with the information, but you can expose the little c**k sucker for what is was. If you censor him, you get to see just how pathetic a man he really was.

This country has an ugly history of trying to sanitize things or sweep things under the rug. The problem with that mindset is that we don't deal with the problems that cause a troubles mind like his to commit the crimes he did. The issues I laid out earlier, and more, are things our society has a lot of trouble dealing with. Everyone has played their roles exactly like they always do. The week is up, so the issue will go away until the next time something happens.