PDA

View Full Version : C.P. Spencer Motown Solo recordings.

test

jboy88
05-25-2014, 11:27 PM
So a few months ago, I purchased a used copy of the Motown Year by Year 1973 album solely to to hear "Still Holding On" by C.P. Spencer, since I couldn't find it in it's entirety on youtube or elsewhere. I was far from disappointed with what I heard. I think this song would of been a hit had it been released when it was supposed to. It was also a reminder of how many acts got shafted during the 70s.

C.P. stated during his lifetime, he'd recorded an album around that same time that also went unreleased. [[Which happens to be on my wishlist for releases) Any thoughts?

tlg30
05-26-2014, 12:15 AM
I also have this same compilation and I agree with you about this song. I really wish Motown would release C.P. Spencer's solo album as well as Dennis Edwards' first unreleased Motown solo album that I assume includes the great song "When The Lights Come Down On Love".

kenneth
05-26-2014, 01:58 AM
That "Year by Year" was an interesting series. I think I only bought one of them [[I think it had an extended version of "He's My Man" which I wanted to hear). Most of them had fairly standard material except for a few really choice tracks. It'd be nice if the rare sides were all collected on one of the "rare" series such as the "Cellar Full" series.