PDA

View Full Version : FOUR TOPS - "MAGIC" Available on CD?

test

marv2
05-24-2014, 09:24 PM
Can anyone tell me where I can find the Four Tops album "Magic" from 1985 on CD? I have the original vinyl version, but like to find a copy on CD.

nabob
05-25-2014, 08:41 AM
Unfortunately not! This is my favorite Four Tops LP after leaving Motown in the early 70s. I did make a CD-R and include the Hot Nights material identified in the box set. I would still buy this, even with a clean CD-R from the vinyl.

marv2
05-25-2014, 08:50 AM
Unfortunately not! This is my favorite Four Tops LP after leaving Motown in the early 70s. I did make a CD-R and include the Hot Nights material identified in the box set. I would still buy this, even with a clean CD-R from the vinyl.

Nabob, it was my favorite too. Loved "Sexy Ways". It received a LOT of airplay in Detroit when it was released. One of their most underrated albums.

woodward
05-25-2014, 10:28 AM
Can anyone tell me where I can find the Four Tops album "Magic" from 1985 on CD? I have the original vinyl version, but like to find a copy on CD.

Can anyone positively confirm that the album was officially released by the company as a CD and not only as a vinyl album?

marv2
05-25-2014, 10:40 AM
Can anyone positively confirm that the album was officially released by the company as a CD and not only as a vinyl album?

All I know is I was about to order the album on CD last night on Amazon when I read a review of another customer ordering the "CD" only to receive the vinyl version of "Magic".

johnny_raven
05-25-2014, 01:21 PM
It was never released on CD, unfortunately.

woodward
05-25-2014, 04:25 PM
It was never released on CD, unfortunately.

Guess that answers the question that started this thread. I have seen discographies of all Motown and affiliated labels releases but I have never seen a discography of all Motown and affiliated compact disc releases. Does anyone know if such an animal exists?

carole cucumber
05-25-2014, 09:55 PM
Can anyone positively confirm that the album was officially released by the company as a CD and not only as a vinyl album? The Fall/Winter 1985 Motown catalogue shows "Magic" as lp [[MOT-6130) & cassette [[MOTC-6130). The Winter '86-Spring '87 Motown catalogue lists the same info and leaves the cd column blank . But it also lists "Hot Nights" [[2/87 release) MOT-6211 and MOTC-6211 and the cd column blank. Of course we know that the "Hot Nights" lp/cd was never released, although a few selections [[title track, Red Hot Love, The Four Of Us) have appeared on cd. Neither album/cassette is listed in the Summer-Fall 1987 catalogue.

johnjeb
05-26-2014, 03:18 PM
I don't recall either of the Four Tops 80s Motown albums having domestic CD releases. I would have bought them. Not sure if there were any international releases for these two albums.

I love "Body and Soul" [[which I found on a Motown Legends budget CD) from Back Where I Belong. And I love "I'm Ready For Love" [[which I burned onto a CD-R) from the Magic album.

These two albums - with bonus tracks - would make a perfect release.