PDA

View Full Version : Smokey Robinson Sued!!!

test

marv2
05-19-2014, 04:56 PM
http://www.tmz.com/2014/05/14/smokey-robinson-sued-lawyers-breach-contract-unpaid-bills/

He Better Shop Around ...For New Lawyers

Smokey Robinson's gonna need new lawyers to help him fight off his old ones ... who've filed a lawsuit claiming the singer is six-figures in the hole with them.

We've obtained a copy of the suit filed by an L.A. law firm ... accusing the Motown legend of racking up $170,000 in unpaid legal bills.

In the docs, the attorneys at King Holmes Paterno & Berliner say the Motown legend hasn't paid a cent since 2010 ... even though he's continued to use their services.

They claim Smokey owes 'em $64K just for 2013.

A rep for Smokey says the firm negotiated agreements without consulting with Smokey first -- and that's why he's refused to pay.

According to the suit, the firm offered to go to arbitration to resolve the matter ... if Smokey thought he was getting screwed. Obviously, that didn't pan out ... and we're told Smokey now plans to countersue.

Get Ready.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/05/14/smokey-robinson-sued-lawyers-breach-contract-unpaid-bills/#ixzz32CHfYRGx

midnightman
05-21-2014, 06:22 PM
And this is all while he's trying to stop Claudette from earning royalties from the Miracles' works... something tells me this isn't a coincidence. Jesus, Smoke...

jobeterob
05-21-2014, 06:31 PM
The Jacksons and Aretha Franklin were a couple of the other artists who seemingly had a string of debt and law suits that lived with them.

arr&bee
05-22-2014, 12:23 AM
This is sad,when we think of smokey we hear some of the greatest songs ever written,but it's always something negative these days..smokey you've been too great to have this stuff going on at this stage in your life,pay claudette.

soulster
05-22-2014, 04:26 AM
So much for his being a christian.

marv2
05-22-2014, 11:50 AM
So much for his being a christian.

I believe he is still a Christian. He did wait until after Bobby Rogers passed before getting into all of this with Claudette..............

soulster
05-22-2014, 02:20 PM
I believe he is still a Christian. He did wait until after Bobby Rogers passed before getting into all of this with Claudette..............

What I meant is that, according to all this stuff going on, he doesn't act like one.

marv2
05-22-2014, 02:23 PM
What I meant is that, according to all this stuff going on, he doesn't act like one.

I understand. He needs to pray because he definitely does not need these headaches at his age.