PDA

View Full Version : Diana Ross at Amazing Art Deco Oakland Paramount

test

supremester
05-19-2014, 03:16 PM
Anyone thinking of seeing Miss Ross this fall might like to take a look at this venue. I've been there twice and it is a stunning Art Deco wonder - like stepping into OZ [[1939 OZ)

http://www.paramounttheatre.com/

here is a link to images

https://www.google.com/search?q=oakland+paramount&safe=off&client=firefox&hs=vFq&rls=com.yahoo:en-US:official&channel=sb&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=ymR6U9jGDovooAS0q4HwBA&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAw&biw=1600&bih=736

vgalindo
05-19-2014, 03:24 PM
I saw Diana Ross at a sold out show there a few years ago. One of her best shows that I have attended. And Greg you are so right the place is stunning.

vgalindo
05-19-2014, 03:38 PM
I think I will make plans on attending this show. Not a bad seat in the house.

supremester
05-19-2014, 04:13 PM
That was a killer show. I saw Robin Thicke/Jennifer Hudson there as well. I took so many pics but they just don't do it justice. I've never been so wowed by a venue - not even Radio City.

ejluther
05-19-2014, 04:40 PM
That place looks amazing!

Lulu
05-19-2014, 06:00 PM
My belly is aching with laughter. Since you posted this, there has been a frenzy of other threads popping up! :rolleyes:

vgalindo
05-19-2014, 08:00 PM
My belly is aching with laughter. Since you posted this, there has been a frenzy of other threads popping up! :rolleyes:

I think someone has gone crazy. lol

caliluv
05-19-2014, 11:20 PM
I had 5 min of fame at the Paramount singing a verse of "My Girl" with the Funk Brothers.

Lulu
05-19-2014, 11:28 PM
I had 5 min of fame at the Paramount singing a verse of "My Girl" with the Funk Brothers.

Nice!!! Pictures please!!!

caliluv
05-20-2014, 01:57 AM
Nice!!! Pictures please!!!

Unfortunately, pictures were not allowed. They were here the day Standing in the Shadows of Motown was released on DVD. Darlene Love and Ben Harper were guest vocalists.

It was certainly an honor and incredible once in a lifetime experience for me to be on the same stage with the Funk Brothers and members of the Philly International Orchestra. I can remember audience reaction as I was singing and a lot of them believed I was a plant. To say the least, I'll never forget that feeling as long as I live and I have to smile every time I think about it. That experience inspired me to do my own project.

Methuselah2
05-20-2014, 02:06 AM
If ever a showplace was perfect for Diana Ross, this is it. She's the only one I know who goes perfectly with the decor! Made for each other. Both are just so beautiful.

stephanie
05-20-2014, 03:23 AM
Hmmm I wish I could go there. This is why I am for the arts because we need places like this to exist. People who want to stop giving to the arts make me cringe.

supremester
05-20-2014, 03:08 PM
See? He's a child.