jobeterob
05-15-2014, 12:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQRop_jm05A

honest man
05-15-2014, 02:56 PM
AHHHHHH THE BOSS.Great stuff.

jobeterob
05-15-2014, 05:59 PM
This has been on here before but it's good; what is good about it is that she stands up for and recognizes all the Motown Artists.

And it is a little bit different than the tearing down that some of less popular posters regularly do. Rather odd to "love" a Motown Forum, participate in it, but endlessly slag Berry and Diana and Lynda and Stevie and Jack Ashford etc.

A reorientation and an intervention would be good.

Lulu
05-15-2014, 09:08 PM
This has been on here before but it's good; what is good about it is that she stands up for and recognizes all the Motown Artists.

And it is a little bit different than the tearing down that some of less popular posters regularly do. Rather odd to "love" a Motown Forum, participate in it, but endlessly slag Berry and Diana and Lynda and Stevie and Jack Ashford etc.

A reorientation and an intervention would be good.

Well, unlike her peers who recorded at Motown and didn't, she never talks bad about anyone. Who says stuff about Stevie? I thought he was revered by all!

jobeterob
05-16-2014, 01:22 AM
http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/What-Diana-Ross-Means-to-Oprah-Video

Jaap
05-16-2014, 06:09 AM
What I really enjoy about this tribute is that [[different than the also enjoyable tribute at the Kennedy Center) the BET tribute really focuses on the funky side of Ross's music. With all the emphasis on the glamorous pop side of Ross, we sometimes forget how funky her music is. And Erykah Badu is so Mahogany here!

ejluther
05-16-2014, 07:43 AM
As a Supremes fan, I especially like how she gives Mary Wilson special attention and love...

jobeterob
05-16-2014, 12:55 PM
In the most current issue of People Magazine, Ross also makes their critic's current playlist along with Cyndi Lauper, Dierks Bently, Thehold Steady, London Grammar, Coldyplay, Jhene Aiko, Sam Smith, and Justin Timberlake.

no_place_like_motown
05-16-2014, 01:19 PM
As a Supremes fan, I especially like how she gives Mary Wilson special attention and love...

I did too, ej. At that moment it felt like all is well between Diana & Mary. I'm sure Mary had a big smile as well as the fans...