PDA

View Full Version : Supreme Style: Still Super & Showy

test

supremester
05-11-2014, 07:30 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/fashion/beyonce-wears-givenchy-met-gala-article-1.1781851

marv2
05-11-2014, 07:39 PM
Her appearance has also been compared to Mary Wilson's:

http://www.peoplestylewatch.com/people/stylewatch/gallery/0,,20053677_20387064,00.html

supremester
05-11-2014, 08:50 PM
Not exactly, they are only comparing the dresses - they don't even know who is wearing it! LOL!!!
hehehehehehehehe

jobeterob
05-11-2014, 09:32 PM
Not exactly, they are only comparing the dresses - they don't even know who is wearing it! LOL!!!
hehehehehehehehe

Mary stopped mimicking and copying diana some years ago; it's ok to let it go now Marv.

supremester
05-11-2014, 10:16 PM
People suffers from ESS [[Ed Sullivan Syndrome) They knew which Supreme it wasn't - just not which one it was. LOL!!!

hehehehehehehe

Roberta75
05-11-2014, 10:49 PM
Her appearance has also been compared to Mary Wilson's:

http://www.peoplestylewatch.com/people/stylewatch/gallery/0,,20053677_20387064,00.html

You sure know you gowns marv2. well done.

Fondly,

Roberta

Jimi LaLumia
05-11-2014, 11:03 PM
Beyonce has always name checked and worshiped Diana Ross, since Destiny's Child were featured on the Diana Ross VH1 DIVAS program in 2000/2001... the words "Mary Wilson" have never even crossed Beyonce's mind..check out the Beyonce interview in VOGUE Magazine when she was promoting the "DreamGirls" film... the interview was a Ross a thon... the biggest female pop star in the galaxy looks directly to Diana Ross for inspiration...can I get a 'hehehehe', brothers and sisters?

marv2
05-11-2014, 11:14 PM
Beyonce has always name checked and worshiped Diana Ross, since Destiny's Child were featured on the Diana Ross VH1 DIVAS program in 2000/2001... the words "Mary Wilson" have never even crossed Beyonce's mind..check out the Beyonce interview in VOGUE Magazine when she was promoting the "DreamGirls" film... the interview was a Ross a thon... the biggest female pop star in the galaxy looks directly to Diana Ross for inspiration...can I get a 'hehehehe', brothers and sisters?

Yeah, sure. This is at the exact moment when Mary was trying to get Beyonce' to remember Diane's name on television. The video use to be up on Youtube, but not now. I thought it was hilarious when Beyonce was thanking Mary for everything and then Mary says ".......and Diane too", Beyonce rolls her eyes and just goes "....well, and everyone" LOL!

supremester
05-11-2014, 11:17 PM
Mary did a charity benefit last night and sang "Here's To Life" very well. She talked too long before, however - milking applause for her age [[I'm 70 [[holds for applause) I have 8 grandchildren [[Holds for applause) which is fine for a civillian crowd, but this is industry folk and they were rolling their eyes. They did seem impressed with the song, however. The bad news is Betty Buckley followed her, closing the show with a show stopper. I am getting video and audio hopefully tonight and will share it if it arrives and I know how. There is also some fun footage of a VERY thirsty Mary at the meet-n-greet hosted bar.............................and, I agree: why SHOULD she have to wait in line? [[after all, she WAS in the show).........................................

supremester
05-11-2014, 11:18 PM
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...............

marv2
05-11-2014, 11:24 PM
Mary did a charity benefit last night and sang "Here's To Life" very well. She talked too long before, however - milking applause for her age [[I'm 70 [[holds for applause) I have 8 grandchildren [[Holds for applause) which is fine for a civillian crowd, but this is industry folk and they were rolling their eyes. They did seem impressed with the song, however. The bad news is Betty Buckley followed her, closing the show with a show stopper. I am getting video and audio hopefully tonight and will share it if it arrives and I know how. There is also some fun footage of a VERY thirsty Mary at the meet-n-greet hosted bar.............................and, I agree: why SHOULD she have to wait in line? [[after all, she WAS in the show).........................................

Yada, Yada, Yada, and Diana Ross is afraid to turn sideways on the stage now adays for fear that the audience will see her big beer belly!

Lulu
05-11-2014, 11:27 PM
I love Betty Buckley!

supremester
05-12-2014, 03:17 AM
My spies say Mary was very impressive and those who didn't know who she is or that she could sing were very pleasantly surprised.

I don't know why you are so obsessed with Miss Ross that you need to bring her into a thread that does not concern her - especially since you criticize others for the exact same behavior, BUT, since you mentioned big beer bellies, it seems La Mare's gown was "a little snug" and showed off not only her champagne belly, but massive shoulder blade rolls in the back. I wasn't going to go there, however since you want to talk size............ it's a subject I'm fluent in.

Jimi LaLumia
05-12-2014, 08:08 AM
Mary is the original Weight Watcher; she stands in front of the mirror and watches herself get fatter,and fatter,and.........

milven
05-12-2014, 10:59 AM
...I don't know why you are so obsessed with Miss Ross that you need to bring her into a thread that does not concern her - especially since you criticize others for the exact same behavior, .

Both ladies are 70 and it is harder to keep weight off as we age. As far as Marv insulting artists and members of this board, without Ralph seeing what we see, we will just have to live with it.

This thread is a perfect example of how he antagonizes members to act as offensively as he does. You actually said nothing bad about his Mary, but he had to come here and call Diana fat. And then the retaliations begin against Mary , the thread goes downhill and is then deleted.

If only Ralph could see this.

I have always like Mary [[along with all the Supremes) but I recently realized that subconsciously, I have not been liking her as much. And I finally know why. It is because of Marv's actions on these boards.

I know he doesn't speak for her, or represent her, but on these boards that is exactly what he seems to do. He does a poor job of it. I know that it is not Mary calling Diana fat or a bitch or all the other things that he says.

I have to make a mental note not to hold against Mary the actions of Marv

Roberta75
05-12-2014, 11:52 AM
Both ladies are 70 and it is harder to keep weight off as we age. As far as Marv insulting artists and members of this board, without Ralph seeing what we see, we will just have to live with it.

This thread is a perfect example of how he antagonizes members to act as offensively as he does. You actually said nothing bad about his Mary, but he had to come here and call Diana fat. And then the retaliations begin against Mary , the thread goes downhill and is then deleted.

I have always like Mary [[along with all the Supremes) but I recently realized that subconsciously, I have not been liking her as much. And I finally know why. It is because of Marv's actions on these boards.

I know he doesn't speak for her, or represent her, but on these boards that is exactly what he seems to do. He does a poor job of it. I know that it is not Mary calling Diana fat or a bitch or all the other things that he says.

Very well stated dear Milven. A true voice of reasons.

I love and respect all former Supremes and ive no intention of calling these dear ladies unflattering names. It show a real lack of class to be be trashing ladies who are senior citizens and for the record we all gain weight as we age. None of us have the figures we used to have and Diane and Mary were real pencil thin all of they lives and at 70 they should be able to live life and enjoy they food and gain a few pounds and I say God bless them for it.

Fondly,

Roberta

jobeterob
05-12-2014, 01:11 PM
All humans gain weight as they age, especially in the 50's, 60's, and 70's. When you are an entertainer, you get things tightened up and you keep buying those costumes. Some of them won't be photographed without the get up on, and others don't care. The brighter your star, the less you will care about being photographed makeupless.

We see in Smokey Robinson how desperate he is to keep that face tightened up. I wonder if he ever does Archie Bell's Tighten Up in concert?

These guys cant give up the concerts because of the need that they have for the fans to love them. It's just a work addiction.

If Marv can't see Mary struggling with her size ~ well, life goes on as does Mary's struggle to get in those dresses. Men add weight to the gut; women add weight to their hips and thighs.

Thank you Milven - do not hold Marv's behaviour against Mary. She has already spoken out against it and voiced her disapproval. Good job mary.

supremester
05-12-2014, 02:41 PM
Mary has asked Marv publicly and privately to stop. He won't and in his Yahoo Group stated freedom of speech means he can trash anyone he wants and doesn't care what Mary thinks. That was a powerful statement. His hatred of Miss Ross supersedes his devotion to Mary.
Hopefully, you can enjoy Mary more knowing she abhors his rhetoric. If anyone is going to trash Miss Ross, it's gonna be her!

jobeterob
05-12-2014, 06:15 PM
He doesn't care what Mary thinks?
That's terrible.
No wonder she tries to have him kept away from her.

Ryon6
05-12-2014, 06:44 PM
"I have always like Mary [[along with all the Supremes) but I recently realized that subconsciously, I have not been liking her as much. And I finally know why. It is because of Marv's actions on these boards."

Milven, that is a perfect post. Last week I was thinking the same thing but didn't want to face the realization that my love for Mary Wilson is fading all because of Marv's over-exaggeration of her and his hatred towards Diana Ross. However, I said that Marv will not win this match. My love for Mary is as strong as it has always been. I have the same love for Diana, Florence, Cindy, Jean, Lynda, Scherrie and Susaye - some more than others but I love THE SUPREMES, INDIVIDUALLY AND COLLECTIVELY.

Lulu
05-12-2014, 07:31 PM
"I have always like Mary [[along with all the Supremes) but I recently realized that subconsciously, I have not been liking her as much. And I finally know why. It is because of Marv's actions on these boards."

Milven, that is a perfect post. Last week I was thinking the same thing but didn't want to face the realization that my love for Mary Wilson is fading all because of Marv's over-exaggeration of her and his hatred towards Diana Ross. However, I said that Marv will not win this match. My love for Mary is as strong as it has always been. I have the same love for Diana, Florence, Cindy, Jean, Lynda, Scherrie and Susaye - some more than others but I love THE SUPREMES, INDIVIDUALLY AND COLLECTIVELY.

I couldn't agree more especially after hearing what is really going on "behind the scenes". I was going to dip off of these boards but realized it's not worth it. Obviously, all are entitled to their own opinions, especially as it relates to the music. However, I'm not sure what these personal attacks and bullyish rants add to the discussion here. We all know that Diana Ross did not have the "best" voice from a critical standpoint [[although you may personally prefer it to others). We all know that she and The Supremes were promoted more heavily than their peers at Motown. We all know that she had a relationship with Berry Gordy and that the relationship produced a child right before she began a relationship with her first husband. We all know that she didn't actually "discover" the Jackson 5. No one is arguing any of those points but we've accepted them as fact. Do we have to agree with what decisions were made? Of course not. However, it is what it is at this point and I don't see why folks are still upset by any of it or feel the need to rehash it on these boards. Sometimes when I log in here, I feel like it's 1970 or 1976 or 1983 or 1986 or even 2000. I don't know why, in 2014, we can't all just move on from these events and celebrate the fact that Diana, Mary, Smokey, Lionel, Martha, Gladys, Stevie and even the Velvelettes and Brenda Holloway are still performing for their fans! With these folks in their 60s and 70s, I gather we don't have another 30 or 20 or 10 years on our hands to see them in concert or hear them record.

smark21
05-12-2014, 08:12 PM
And Diana Ross has some fans that can make people really dislike Diana Ross when it's really her rabid, insane fans who are doing the damage to her, thinking they are "defending" her.

smark21
05-12-2014, 08:14 PM
Didn't Diana Ross have a hand in helping The Jones Girls get a recording contract with Gamble and Huff/PIR? She may not have "discovered" them, but she did showcase them as her backing trio in her shows in the mid 70s which played a hand in getting them signed and releasing their own material. I know it's hard for some to fathom Diana Ross being nice without ulterior motives or to hide an evil agenda, but there you go.

vgalindo
05-12-2014, 08:48 PM

So true. I have always loved all Supremes with Diana being my favorite. However I have started to not like Mary and have been very tempted to talk bad about her to defend Diana. I know this isn't right and I will try not to let people who trash Diana make me feel that Mary is behind it because I know she really isn't.

Lulu
05-12-2014, 08:55 PM
And Diana Ross has some fans that can make people really dislike Diana Ross when it's really her rabid, insane fans who are doing the damage to her, thinking they are "defending" her.

I think there are crazed fans everywhere but I don't think we need to base our opinions on an artist's musicality or career on the rants of a few over-the-top followers. I think Mary Wilson is swell and for sure, an important part of Motown and pop music history. None of what I read on these boards or in the fan clubs is gonna change that for me in the same way the tweens on social media haven't changed my opinions on Bieber or 1D! I didn't like the Biebs from the get go and 1D are a fun bunch of cuties and I have all of their albums :o. Madonna's another one - you wanna talk about crazed fans? Things got really ugly when Gaga hit the scene BUT Madonna had also been acting like a horse's ass for years so her "defenders" really didn't have much to stand up for at that point!!!

jobeterob
05-12-2014, 08:59 PM
Thanks Ryon and Lulu and Milven for these perceptive and excellent posts.

You are gentlemen and ladies.

reese
05-12-2014, 09:29 PM
Didn't Diana Ross have a hand in helping The Jones Girls get a recording contract with Gamble and Huff/PIR? She may not have "discovered" them, but she did showcase them as her backing trio in her shows in the mid 70s which played a hand in getting them signed and releasing their own material. I know it's hard for some to fathom Diana Ross being nice without ulterior motives or to hide an evil agenda, but there you go.

Diana gave them a solo spot in her show during which they sang IF I EVER LOSE THIS HEAVEN. Shirley Jones says that whenever there was a big producer in the audience, she would make sure to call them down to do their spot. When they played Philadelphia, Gamble and Huff were in the audience and were impressed enough to sign the Jones Girls to a contract.

Jimi LaLumia
05-13-2014, 05:34 AM
the Jones Girls info is correct.. and Ross allowing her name to be attached to the then unknown J5 ABSOLUTELY helped them off the ground.. MJ's obsession with her continued after they both left Motown, right up to her inclusion in his will!

marv2
05-13-2014, 06:36 AM
the Jones Girls info is correct.. and Ross allowing her name to be attached to the then unknown J5 ABSOLUTELY helped them off the ground.. MJ's obsession with her continued after they both left Motown, right up to her inclusion in his will!

She didn't allow that. She had to go along with whatever Berry Gordy said! Look what happened to her when she was left to her own devices. LOL!

Glenpwood
05-13-2014, 11:02 AM
She didn't allow that. She had to go along with whatever Berry Gordy said! Look what happened to her when she was left to her own devices. LOL!

Yeah left to her own devices and control she had 4 Top 10 Pop hits in 4 years [[Fall 1981- Winter 1985) for RCA when it took Berry just shy of 10 years [[Fall 1970- Summer 1980) to get Ross to her 4th [[Upside Down).... More artists should fail like that....

Enjoy your usual trash fire, you may keep warm by it but boy oh boy does it ever smell.....

jobeterob
05-13-2014, 12:03 PM
It would be wise for Marv to take Glen's words to heart.

Is it enjoyable being a gadfly or a pariah much like Karl Rove or that Sterling fellow?

luke
05-13-2014, 12:23 PM
REDHOT you are sooooo right. It's so easy to see through all this. LOLOL.

supremester
05-13-2014, 03:04 PM
You're LYING!!! [[as you like to say) After Evening With was put together by Gordy, Ross, Layton, Askey - Gordy no longer traveled with the show and Miss Ross & Gil ran it, edited it for Vegas and adjusted it for the new songs. It's highly unlikely that Gordy would feature a female vocal group that he wasn't going to sign. Her next stage show was put together without Gordy and was a smashing success as was her self produced, Emmy winning next TV special. Also without Gordy, she signed the biggest contract in record history, had her biggest hit record, became a huge international arena draw for 30 years and sold untold millions of records. She also tossed out one whiny, pain-in-the-ass fan for a concert in Denver who has never recovered. LOL!!!

hehehehehe

Roberta75
05-13-2014, 03:25 PM
REDHOT you are sooooo right. It's so easy to see through all this. LOLOL.

Stand by Your Marv.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwBirf4BWew

jobeterob
05-13-2014, 09:52 PM
Stand by Your Marv.

Did Diana throw out a whiny pain in the ass fan or a whiny pissy assed fan?

supremester
05-14-2014, 12:15 AM
After seeing the video, now I know why REDHOT is called REDHOT. Thank you!

Stand by Your Marv.

supremester
05-14-2014, 12:16 AM
A whiny, pissy assed, pain in the ass. [[to be exact)

marv2
05-14-2014, 07:03 PM
Diana Ross is still very over weight and her voice is weaker than it's ever been. What 's wrong with stating the truth? [[Oops, I mean the obvious to everyone that has not drunk the kool aid LOL!) If she lost some weight maybe she could perform for more than 70-80 mins.

Jimi LaLumia
05-14-2014, 07:08 PM
oh, Marv, hang it up ..she is Supremely resurgent , and it's only going to grow thanks to MOTOWN: THE MUSICAL and other factors..just get over it already, your posts seen by a hundred or so people at best, won't change any minds and will probably cultivate more fans for her in the process..so actually, keep it going...lol

supremester
05-14-2014, 08:09 PM
The cool thing is that even if she got as big as you and she could only whisper, she'd still sell out her shows. [[It's too bad Mary only had enough Kool-Aid for a few glasses! LOL!!! )
hehehehehehehehehehehe

Diana Ross is still very over weight and her voice is weaker than it's ever been. What 's wrong with stating the truth? [[Oops, I mean the obvious to everyone that has not drunk the kool aid LOL!) If she lost some weight maybe she could perform for more than 70-80 mins.

marv2
05-14-2014, 08:12 PM
The cool thing is that even if she got as big as you and she could only whisper, she'd still sell out her shows. [[It's too bad Mary only had enough Kool-Aid for a few glasses! LOL!!! )
hehehehehehehehehehehe

Ah, excuse me "MR BIG Stuff!" LOL! Please don't make me go there........

Roberta75
05-14-2014, 09:25 PM

Your the most Godless miserable person on this here forum. You wallow in negativy and nastiness. May God help you and show you the light.

Father God, may you grant this unhappy man the will and knowlege to know where his cruel words are coming from. Help marv2 to remove herself from the enemy's path and lift him up from the hate and cruelty and negativity that surrounds his daily life. I pray you give him strength and goodness and the tools to be kind. Please send him the inner peace and joy in his life that he sorely lacks.

I ask this in Jesus Name,

Amen

marv2
05-14-2014, 09:34 PM
Your the most Godless miserable person on this here forum. You wallow in negativy and nastiness. May God help you and show you the light.

Father God, may you grant this unhappy man the will and knowlege to know where his cruel words are coming from. Help marv2 to remove herself from the enemy's path and lift him up from the hate and cruelty and negativity that surrounds his daily life. I pray you give him strength and goodness and the tools to be kind. Please send him the inner peace and joy in his life that he sorely lacks.

I ask this in Jesus Name,

Amen

Diana Ross is now borderline morbidly obese [[too many bags of Lay's potato chips and too many bottles of Bud.). She should see a physician about her condition.

supremester
05-14-2014, 10:27 PM
Physician/condition - is half a hook for Mary! It's at least equal relax/candle wax - keep going!!!!

supremester
05-14-2014, 10:29 PM
Bring it! You like to discuss size? If you show yours.......... Maybe at Bergenpac? I'm sure your friend will be getting you a good seat.

Ah, excuse me "MR BIG Stuff!" LOL! Please don't make me go there........

honest man
05-15-2014, 05:39 AM
[. She also tossed out one whiny, pain-in-the-ass fan for a concert in Denver who has never recovered. LOL!!!

hehehehehe[/QUOTE]Wow anyone know who the whiny pain in the ass fan is,and why he-she got thrown out.Would Love to know more,im intruiged.Anyone help.cheers.

jobeterob
05-15-2014, 12:30 PM
[. She also tossed out one whiny, pain-in-the-ass fan for a concert in Denver who has never recovered. LOL!!!

heheheheheWow anyone know who the whiny pain in the ass fan is,and why he-she got thrown out.Would Love to know more,im intruiged.Anyone help.cheers.[/QUOTE]

Love the "he-she" part!

Crystaledwards
05-15-2014, 01:20 PM
If Mary Wilson knew you were calling Diana Ross borderline morbidly obese, she would be disgusted and extremely upset. Mary's daughter Turkessa Babich, pictured below with her mommy, dad and brother, has been struggling with her weight since she was a teenager. This remains a very painful issue for both mom and daughter. Diana Ross is nowhere near morbidly obese.

One more thing Marv2, the photos i have seen of you at the Velvelettes Lincoln Center summer concert make Gabby Sidibe look like Kristin Chenoweth in comparison.

CE

jobeterob
05-15-2014, 01:31 PM
I coach lots of overweight people at the Family Y. Some of them work very diligently to overcome that problem and improve their health.

We all gain weight as we age. When we are carrying lots of extra weight as a young person, it creates dangerous health issues.

People becoming fit and shedding pounds are the keenest people to coach and mentor and they all deserve our help and understanding; their feelings are just the same as the rest of humanity and a lot of the unkind comments and looks damage them even more.

marv2
05-15-2014, 01:31 PM
If Mary Wilson knew you were calling Diana Ross borderline morbidly obese, she would be disgusted and extremely upset. Mary's daughter Turkessa Babich, pictured below with her mommy, dad and brother, has been struggling with her weight since she was a teenager. This remains a very painful issue for both mom and daughter. Diana Ross is nowhere near morbidly obese.

One more thing Marv2, the photos i have seen of you at the Velvelettes Lincoln Center summer concert make Gabby Sidibe look like Kristin Chenoweth in comparison.

CE

Crystal, Diana Ross is very overweight!

Crystaledwards
05-15-2014, 01:49 PM
Crystal, Diana Ross is very overweight!

Diana is at most 15 or 20 pounds overweight, which is normal for women in their sixties or seventies. Would you consider Patti Labelle, Aretha Franklin or Roberta Flack very overweight Marv2?

Based on photos I have seen of you marv2, you are much closer to being morbidly obese than Diana Ross.

CE

marv2
05-15-2014, 01:59 PM
Diana is at most 15 or 20 pounds overweight, which is normal for women in their sixties or seventies. Would you consider Patti Labelle, Aretha Franklin or Roberta Flack very overweight Marv2?

Based on photos I have seen of you marv2, you are much closer to being morbidly obese than Diana Ross.

CE

Nah, then you haven't seen me. Anyway, all this off topic blather started when I posted a link illustrating that the media has compared Beyonce to someone other than Diana Ross and in this case it was Mary Wilson. That fact alone drove some of the Ross fans into what we have here now. Go back to the original post, then read the 4-5 posts directly following it. I have to go.

Crystaledwards
05-15-2014, 02:16 PM
Nah, then you haven't seen me. Anyway, all this off topic blather started when I posted a link illustrating that the media has compared Beyonce to someone other than Diana Ross and in this case it was Mary Wilson. That fact alone drove some of the Ross fans into what we have here now. Go back to the original post, then read the 4-5 posts directly following it. I have to go.

Oh I have seen you at the Lincoln Center and at BB Kings in Manhattan, and there is quite a lot of you to see.

Where do you have to go? Are you trying to be first in line at one of the Old Country Buffet restaurants on Long Island again? Every Thursday night is breakfast for dinner. They have a humongous stack of pancakes with your name on it. I am sure you will get your money's worth.

Enjoy!

CE

honest man
05-15-2014, 03:04 PM
Any offers on the whiny person Diana had thrown out of venue,hope it is not one of SDF posters. Marv do you have a keep fit plan you'd like to share with me, im start ing to outgrow my 30 ins waist QUICK.

Roberta75
05-15-2014, 06:44 PM

CE

Thats a real nice photo of Mary Wilson and her children. Marys son has her beautiful proud and dignified and sexy chin.

Marys daughter has a real pretty face. Did you take the photo Crystaledward?

Thank you for sharing and Im praying that God take away Turkessas pain.

Roberta

jobeterob
05-15-2014, 06:50 PM
Any offers on the whiny person Diana had thrown out of venue,hope it is not one of SDF posters. Marv do you have a keep fit plan you'd like to share with me, im start ing to outgrow my 30 ins waist QUICK.

HM: You are only outgrowing your 30 inch waist from the amount of "hot air" that was being channelled at you.

Pull the plug and fire it back.