PDA

View Full Version : Police Shoot and Kill 93 year old Woman!

test

marv2
05-10-2014, 03:28 PM
Can it get anymore pathetic than this?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/05/09/texas-town-shaken-by-police-shooting-3-year-old-woman/

marv2
05-10-2014, 03:29 PM
This is totally disgusting:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/texas-mayor-fire-shot-death-93-year-old-woman-killing-years-article-1.1786451

splanky
05-11-2014, 10:29 AM
Though I agree with those who say the officer could have fired into the air to try and scare her the fact is when the nephew called the police he should have known this outcome was
possible and when she didn't put down the weapon after being told to 3 times by the cop
she made it probable. It really doesn't matter if you are 93, 39 or 19 years old. When a cop
tells you to put a gun down you put the mollyfocking thing down unless you A) intend to shoot him/her or B) want to get shot. I understand the cop in this case was fired so the people got some relief temporarily I'll say. I bet we'll hear more about this later...

marv2
05-11-2014, 04:15 PM
Though I agree with those who say the officer could have fired into the air to try and scare her the fact is when the nephew called the police he should have known this outcome was
possible and when she didn't put down the weapon after being told to 3 times by the cop
she made it probable. It really doesn't matter if you are 93, 39 or 19 years old. When a cop
tells you to put a gun down you put the mollyfocking thing down unless you A) intend to shoot him/her or B) want to get shot. I understand the cop in this case was fired so the people got some relief temporarily I'll say. I bet we'll hear more about this later...

Oh we will hear a lot of more about it.

soulster
05-11-2014, 05:34 PM
I have to agree with Splanky here. Unless you are trying to get shot, instead of firing your weapon in the direction of a cop, you put the weapon down. End of story.

This kind of thing happens all the time. It just doesn't get into national news so much.

marv2
05-11-2014, 05:53 PM
I have to agree with Splanky here. Unless you are trying to get shot, instead of firing your weapon in the direction of a cop, you put the weapon down. End of story.

This kind of thing happens all the time. It just doesn't get into national news so much.

But she did not fire shots at the officer, she fired two shots into the ground. It just seems to me something else could have been done other than to kill her.

soulster
05-12-2014, 03:28 AM
But she did not fire shots at the officer, she fired two shots into the ground. It just seems to me something else could have been done other than to kill her.

It does not matter if they are shot into the ground or directly at someone, it's still dangerous for the cop and anyone nearby. Bullets can ricochet.