PDA

View Full Version : Motown Review Lives On In Chicago

test

TheMotownManiac
05-07-2014, 09:06 PM
The Motown Review with Gladys Knight plus Dennis Edwards & The Temptations rolls into Chicago Wednesday for a Friday performance while attending Motown:The Musical the night before. It's nice to finally be able to attend The Motown Revue!

marv2
05-07-2014, 09:09 PM
First Chicago gets Mary Wilson's Holiday Spectacular with special guests, the Four Tops. Now Gladys and the Dennis Edwards Tempt Revue.....Go Chicago!

thomas96
05-07-2014, 09:25 PM
Come to Boston Dennis and Gladys!!

carole cucumber
05-07-2014, 09:31 PM
Here's a great review of "Motown: The Musical" that TheMotownManiac mentions in his post:

http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/weiss/27159296-452/motown-the-musical-brings-to-life-the-glorious-story-of-detroits-music-dynasty.html#.U2rdgfldWyW

marv2
05-07-2014, 09:44 PM
Come to Boston Dennis and Gladys!!

Thomas, you're from Boston?

TheMotownManiac
05-07-2014, 11:03 PM
You left out Diana Ross and Aretha Franklin from last week. Diana was truly supreme but I wish she cared more about her fans. Her concert a week ago was just an abbreviated version of the same songs of her last three trips to Chicago. It just gets shorter and shorter and shorter. The rub is that she just gets better and better and better. It was the best Diana Ross concert I ever saw in terms of her performance and everyone seemed to love her beyond measure. I don't think she has ever been better. She uses a teleprompter so why would it be so impossible to change the songs? I don't think anyone would care if she messed up a lyric or two. Mary messes them up as well but she has a wider choice of songs she picks from. Aretha changes her show every time. The highlight Saturday was I Will Always love You. As a tribute to Whitney, it could have been a corny treacle fest, instead it demonstrated what a clear and brilliant musician Aretha is. Who hasn't heard that song enough times, but until you hear it sung by Aretha, you have not heard it at all. Her simple delivery spoke volumes. She sang her most popular Atlantic hits but not enough of them. She was on longer than Diana but any concert that costs over $100 should be over 90 minutes. The best part of both shows is having these treasures with us to pick at. We're making the trek north again on Friday for The Motown Revue. They were handing out handbills Saturday night advertising "The Motown Revue" but it only Gladys knoght & Dennis Edwards on the ticket.

jobeterob
05-08-2014, 12:16 PM
It would be so great to see Aretha Franklin, Gladys Knight or Dennis Edwards. They don't seem to do much of Canada ~ just perhaps Toronto.

But Diana hit Vancouver, Calgary, the Ontario area and is going to Montreal in July.

supremester
05-08-2014, 01:13 PM
I predict a Vancouver appearance for Miss Ross this fall. When was she there last?

jobeterob
05-08-2014, 01:24 PM
Calgary maybe in 2011 and Vancouver in 2010, maybe??

supremester
05-08-2014, 01:59 PM
I did the Winnipeg [["You're in WINNIPEG????") Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouverx2 thingy in like 08 or 09.........great time. Miss Ross was loving Vancouver.

smark21
05-08-2014, 08:14 PM
Aretha Franklin was never a Motown artist.