PDA

View Full Version : Funny Girl defect?

test

nathanj06
05-07-2014, 12:32 PM
I've heard a few songs from this and it was pointed out that the end of several songs were cut off at the end by mere seconds. These were from amazon. I haven't heard this in decades but don't recall it being segued into the next song. Is this a defect or done that way to record them together?

ejluther
05-07-2014, 07:27 PM
What songs in particular? Many of the songs start with a mini-overture or sorts and many of them go right into the next with no pause [["The Music That Makes Me Dance" into "Don't Rain On My Parade" for instance) but it doesn't sound cut off - it sounds continuous when played continuously - is that what you mean? My original LPs had he same transition and Mmy purchase from iTunes sounds/play great...

nathanj06
05-08-2014, 09:58 AM
I heard the original album first and it was tracks 1, 2 & 4 that are cut off by a couple seconds and very obvious. Playing them together you can also tell. Haven't heard the remixes yet but amazon is on it. Thank you for verifying that. I couldn't remember if they ran together or not. I was so against this at first as a download but after hearing these again Ross sounds amazing. I'll eat crow and get it anyway once amazon fixes the problem. It only took 186 views to get a response so I thank you ejluther. :)