PDA

View Full Version : Jackie Jackson: “We’re Ready To Rock the Family Reunion”

test

GrtGzu
05-07-2014, 12:21 PM
I also read he recently had a set of twins......but anyway here's the article:

If you’ve ever needed a reason to head down to Orlando for the Allstate Tom Joyern Family Reunion weekend in Las Vegas, this year, you’ve got it. The Jacksons – Marlon, Tito, Randy and Jermaine are on the bill.
Tom Joyner may have a side hustle as the group’s publicist because after seeing them in Vegas, he says he had to add them to the lineup this year. Their run in Vegas ended prematurely, but their showmanship impressed Joyner as well as the thousands who came out to see their 30-plus shows.
“We did like 34 dates,” Jackie Jackson says. “We were there for a while and we had some kind of construction problems with the building, we were told and we had about 6 shows left. But we’re coming to rock your place.”
If you see the Jacksons live, it shows you just how Michael came to rule the pop world. While many people think he got inspiration for his moves and showmanship from folks like James Brown, the Jackson’s show proves he learned his skills right at home, copying the moves of his older brothers Tito, Jermaine and Jackie. “
The group started with me, Tito and Jermaine and we brought [Marlon, Randy and Michael] into the group after that,” Jackie says. “Michael learned all the moves from us and people like James Brown. We saw he was doing his thing and we brought him in, we put him up front because he was a little guy but he had all that energy and was doing this thing. And he could do it well.”
The Jackson brothers learned their movies from the legends they grew up watching as well. And of course, their father, who famously rehearsed and directed them in their early years to near abusive levels, depending on who you talk to.

“We got it from watching groups like the Temptations and Jackie Wilson,” Jackie says now. “We got it from our mom and dad they taught us a lot about the business. He can’t dance at all, but he could direct. We started harmonizing with Mother, that’s how we got started singing.”
The Jackson legend continues –the group got rave reviews performing at the Kentucky Derby last weekend. They have upcoming dates in Detroit, Atlantic City, N.J. [[http://www.songkick.com/artists/239550-jacksons) and overseas. But you can catch them during the Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion August 28- September 1 in Orlando, Florida [[http://blackamericaweb.com/2014/04/21/allstate-tom-joyner-family-reunion-2/). [[http://soulfuldetroit.com//blackamericaweb.com/category/tom-joyner-family-reunion/) “
This will be our first and we hear great things about it,” Jackie says. But he has one important priority aside from staging and rehearsal time.
“You’re going to have some good food there, right? “

http://blackamericaweb.com/2014/05/07/jackie-jackson-were-ready-to-rock-the-family-reunion/2/

thomas96
05-07-2014, 12:30 PM
It says "The Jacksons – Marlon, Tito, Randy and Jermaine are on the bill." So is Jackie not performing, or is it all 5 of them? Or is Randy's name a mistake, which seems most likely since he wasn't a par of their most recent tour?

jobeterob
05-07-2014, 02:02 PM
Well good luck to them; this is just a lot of publicity bluster for something that didn't work out.

midnightman
05-07-2014, 02:46 PM
Randy's not a part of this tour.

And *rolling eyes* at the Jacksons in general. If they taught MJ everything he knows, why didn't they get the same fame he got? Oh that's right, he had more talent. Oops.

Whatever, Jacksons. Legends or not, they're sad.

midnightman
05-07-2014, 02:47 PM
It says "The Jacksons – Marlon, Tito, Randy and Jermaine are on the bill." So is Jackie not performing, or is it all 5 of them? Or is Randy's name a mistake, which seems most likely since he wasn't a par of their most recent tour?

It's a mistake, Jackie is on the bill. Randy isn't. Blackamericaweb, Eurweb, Huffington Post [[hell every news site) needs some proofreaders to stop people making mistakes on their posts...

marv2
05-07-2014, 02:48 PM
Congratulations to Jackie Jackson on his new twins.

midnightman
05-07-2014, 02:52 PM
Congratulations to Jackie Jackson on his new twins.

He's almost 65 now. That's no congratulations. LOL He's too old to be having some kids [[yes I said it lol). Maybe that's why he "loves being on tour". We know why now... but then again, why isn't Randy on tour? Oh yeah that's right, his kids are grown and he's still getting Epic royalty checks lol

marv2
05-07-2014, 02:55 PM
He's almost 65 now. That's no congratulations. LOL He's too old to be having some kids [[yes I said it lol). Maybe that's why he "loves being on tour". We know why now... but then again, why isn't Randy on tour? Oh yeah that's right, his kids are grown and he's still getting Epic royalty checks lol

Al Pacino had his twins at age 62, soooooooooooooooooo LOL!

midnightman
05-07-2014, 03:01 PM
Al Pacino had his twins at age 62, soooooooooooooooooo LOL!

I have an issue with anyone over 50 having kids. ;) Least the ones who are not too financially stable. I guess it's alright if you're stable enough [[i.e., Willie Nelson and 'em). I can't act like I know what's going on with Jackie/Sigmund but why now did he wait years after his first two get older to have another bunch? That's all I'm saying. :)

marv2
05-07-2014, 03:17 PM
I have an issue with anyone over 50 having kids. ;) Least the ones who are not too financially stable. I guess it's alright if you're stable enough [[i.e., Willie Nelson and 'em). I can't act like I know what's going on with Jackie/Sigmund but why now did he wait years after his first two get older to have another bunch? That's all I'm saying. :)

My whole outlook is , you have 'em if you wont to.........hehehehehehehe.....

thomas96
05-07-2014, 06:38 PM
Randy's not a part of this tour.

And *rolling eyes* at the Jacksons in general. If they taught MJ everything he knows, why didn't they get the same fame he got? Oh that's right, he had more talent. Oops.

Whatever, Jacksons. Legends or not, they're sad.

They didn't teach him a damn thing. Bobby Taylor taught all of them, and Michael the most, because as you said, he was clearly the most talented.

smark21
05-07-2014, 08:19 PM
Tony Randall fathered a child at around age 80 or so.

So did "construction problems" close the Jacksons' reunion Vegas run, or was it low ticket sales that cause the show to be cancelled before its scheduled close?

midnightman
05-07-2014, 11:13 PM
They didn't teach him a damn thing. Bobby Taylor taught all of them, and Michael the most, because as you said, he was clearly the most talented.

Yes and as you said, it's a shame they haven't acknowledged it. Bobby Taylor risked his career making them clowns famous lol

midnightman
05-07-2014, 11:15 PM
Tony Randall fathered a child at around age 80 or so.

So did "construction problems" close the Jacksons' reunion Vegas run, or was it low ticket sales that cause the show to be cancelled before its scheduled close?

No their tickets were real low and failed to sell out. I don't believe the story they gave.

jobeterob
05-08-2014, 04:52 PM
You can make up anything for a press release. When you've had your day, it can be tough. They are just saying what's best and doing what they can.

rod_rick
05-08-2014, 06:42 PM
Damn, some of you are really rough on these brothers. At least they are trying to make a honest living. Imo and everyone has one, the brothers may not have the talent that Michael had but they are not too shabby, and Michael learned the foundation somewhere and I think it was from his brothers. Others came along and polished the act. Remember there was the Jackson 5 before there was a Michael Jackson. I've seen a few of the brothers shows and they do a pretty decent job considering they are pushing late 50's to mid 60's. I say make that money if you can.

midnightman
05-08-2014, 07:12 PM
^ Yeah I'm tough on brothers who were too lazy to do anything when Michael obviously didn't wanna do the reunion thing. Yeah I'm tough on them. Whatever lmao

jobeterob
05-08-2014, 07:25 PM
I don't know any of them of course; they don't have great reputations on the whole; I think we hear Tito is or good character; but there are too many bad articles about a lot of unsavoury behaviour; if they are just articles and untrue, then they can have another benefit of a doubt.

But if they are doing "nothing" for a living, hoping to live off Michaels estate, not looking after their children and the general bad stuff you hear, then they won't get a lot of sympathy from the public. And that is being reflected on the Forum.

rod_rick
05-08-2014, 07:35 PM
I wouldn't say that the brothers were lazy. From some of the things that I saw with the brothers, I don't think it was being lazy. The brothers had a Beverly Hills office right next to mine in the late 90's early 2000 so I did witness the inter workings of things they were trying to get off the ground musically which is not second hand information but things I saw and heard for myself. Back then promoters didn't want the Jacksons without Michael all they wanted another big payday Victory Tour.

rod_rick
05-08-2014, 07:39 PM
Rob are you saying all the brothers except Tito didn't take care of their kids? The only one I ever heard about was Jermaine in the media not taking care of his kids.

jobeterob
05-08-2014, 07:41 PM
That is very tough on a person when it is made clear to you day after day that you are not wanted in favour of a sibling; and sometimes, you know you are better at some things than the sibling everyone loves. It's just like having a cute little sister ~ no one pays you much attention. And it's like being in that girl group ~ when only one of you gets asked all the questions and gets all the attention - it gets a little tedious and we get jealous.

I know Tito has had many good things said about him. And Jermaine takes most of the arrows. And there seem to have been some zipper problems in the family which didn't enhance the reputation.

smark21
05-08-2014, 08:21 PM
Well they're trying to get work now on the oldies circuit. When they did their tour a year or two ago, they got mostly good reviews.

marv2
05-08-2014, 10:57 PM
I don't know any of them of course; they don't have great reputations on the whole; I think we hear Tito is or good character; but there are too many bad articles about a lot of unsavoury behaviour; if they are just articles and untrue, then they can have another benefit of a doubt.

But if they are doing "nothing" for a living, hoping to live off Michaels estate, not looking after their children and the general bad stuff you hear, then they won't get a lot of sympathy from the public. And that is being reflected on the Forum.

What bad reputation does Marlon or Jackie Jackson have?

marv2
05-08-2014, 11:02 PM
Here's a recent video explaining some of what Marlon has been involved in. He's been married to his wife for 39 years now, his children are now grown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NCs0BSG3Bo

marv2
05-08-2014, 11:05 PM
That is very tough on a person when it is made clear to you day after day that you are not wanted in favour of a sibling; and sometimes, you know you are better at some things than the sibling everyone loves. It's just like having a cute little sister ~ no one pays you much attention. And it's like being in that girl group ~ when only one of you gets asked all the questions and gets all the attention - it gets a little tedious and we get jealous.

I know Tito has had many good things said about him. And Jermaine takes most of the arrows. And there seem to have been some zipper problems in the family which didn't enhance the reputation.

That's strange. I have never heard any of the Jackson brothers say anything other than how much they loved Michael and each other. Where does all of this cloak & dagger, jealously bullshit you keep harping about come from?

marv2
05-08-2014, 11:06 PM
Rob are you saying all the brothers except Tito didn't take care of their kids? The only one I ever heard about was Jermaine in the media not taking care of his kids.

That is not true. He is lying. Marlon and Jackie both raised and took care of their children into adulthood. Jackie is getting a second chance to do it all over again with his new twins. Jobeterob is either making this shit up or passing along hearsay that is not true.

captainjames
05-11-2014, 12:28 AM
GOOD FOR THEM !!!
I am glad to see they are together and back on stage !!!

midnightman
05-16-2014, 03:20 AM
That's strange. I have never heard any of the Jackson brothers say anything other than how much they loved Michael and each other. Where does all of this cloak & dagger, jealously bullshit you keep harping about come from?

I think most of the jealousy comes directly from Jermaine. The other brothers didn't really care. They were proud of him. Jermaine, however, seems to have a chip on his shoulder sometimes. Many family insiders claimed of all the siblings, Jermaine was the one that wanted what Michael had.

midnightman
05-16-2014, 03:22 AM
I wouldn't say that the brothers were lazy. From some of the things that I saw with the brothers, I don't think it was being lazy. The brothers had a Beverly Hills office right next to mine in the late 90's early 2000 so I did witness the inter workings of things they were trying to get off the ground musically which is not second hand information but things I saw and heard for myself. Back then promoters didn't want the Jacksons without Michael all they wanted another big payday Victory Tour.

What I don't get is there have to have been an opening for them. Clearly they would've fought for it, least Jackie, Tito and Randy [[since Marlon and Jermaine departed for solo careers around the '80s). I understand MJ was the "megastar" but that shouldn't have kept people away from the others who tried to continue their careers.