PDA

View Full Version : Motown and Motor City Fan Club

test

woodward
05-03-2014, 07:27 PM
Mike Critchley of Kendal, Cumbria was the editor and publisher of the Motown and Motor City Fan Club which released a great number of bulletins of interest on Motown and Motor City. Club no longer functional to my knowledge.

Has anyone been in contact with him in recent times? He was a knowledgeable and smart person on all subjects involving Motown. Just wondering if he is still active as he had previously been.

Thank you.

westgrandboulevard
05-04-2014, 08:16 AM
Yes, Woodward, I have wondered the same.

There was a Mick Critchley and a Ray Cutkelvin who ran the Martha & The Vandellas UK fan club in the sixties.

Would that be the same Mr Critchley?

woodward
05-04-2014, 08:19 AM
Yes, Woodward, I have wondered the same.

There was a Mick Critchley and a Ray Cutkelvin who ran the Martha & The Vandellas UK fan club in the sixties.

Would that be the same Mr Critchley?

Good question. I do not know. I am totally unfamiliar with the MRV UK fan club. It probably is, however, I am uncertain. Certainly someone else should be able to answer these questions.

shoo-be-doo
05-04-2014, 10:35 AM
Yes it's the same Mick Critchley who ran the Martha & Vandellas fan club. Raymond Cutkelvin passed away a few years ago unfortunately but I received an email from Mick just a couple of months ago and he is still very much active.

westgrandboulevard
05-04-2014, 10:49 AM
Thanks shoo-be-doo...

Oh, sorry to hear that Ray[[mond) has passed away.

If you speak to Mick again, ask him from all of us if he's a member here, and has time to say hello....:)

MickRay
05-07-2014, 03:22 AM
Hi There Soulful Detroit.
This is Michael Critchley. And still going strong. I am the same Mick of Mick and Ray that ran Martha & The Vandellas throughout The '60's in Europe. And the same Mike Critchley that ran the Motown & Motorcity Fan Club through The '90's.
Still on the Motown trail, and at the moment am working on a book about Motown.
All the best
Michael

westgrandboulevard
05-07-2014, 05:58 AM
Glad to hear you're going strong!

Looking forward to more posts from you......:)

tamlaUK
05-07-2014, 03:41 PM
Mike Critchley of Kendal, Cumbria was the editor and publisher of the Motown and Motor City Fan Club which released a great number of bulletins of interest on Motown and Motor City. Club no longer functional to my knowledge.
Thank you.

I loved the Motown & Motocity Fan Club.
It is through that club that I 'discovered' many wonderful Motown artists.

Bryan

MickRay
05-14-2014, 09:04 AM
Hi Bryan
Good to know you're still beating the Motown drum.
Guess I'm about a third into the book, which it trying to look at Motown from a different angle to other books out there at the moment.
Michael Critchley