PDA

View Full Version : A lovely mary Wilson arrive at the 2014 Kentucky Derby.

test

Roberta75
05-03-2014, 02:24 PM
Looking real fine Miss Wilson.

LadyLola
05-03-2014, 02:25 PM
She is just stunning.

RossHolloway
05-03-2014, 02:57 PM
It's hard to believe that she's really 70 years old.

Jimi LaLumia
05-03-2014, 03:08 PM
she needs to lose a bit of the weight...

LadyLola
05-03-2014, 03:23 PM

Look in a mirror Taffy.

Motown Queen
05-03-2014, 03:48 PM
Hope I look like that when I'm that age. She looks great!

Roberta75
05-03-2014, 04:13 PM

No she doesnt. She look fabulous imo.

Roberta

marv2
05-03-2014, 04:22 PM
She looks spectacularly gorgeous as usual.......!

marv2
05-03-2014, 08:29 PM
There are some great pics of last night Gala with Mary performing with Richie Sambora [[Bon Jovi), Johnny Gill, Travis Twitt, etc,etc.....

marybrewster
05-03-2014, 11:10 PM

That's just rude. Totally uncalled for.

supremester
05-04-2014, 02:26 AM
She looks great. I just got back from 4 Ross shows, she looks great too. I'mm11 years younger than them and look like hell.

BigAl
05-04-2014, 08:30 AM

Yeah, lighten up. Healthy eating and regular exercise are close to impossible when you're on the road so much of the time, unless you can afford a personal chef and a personal trainer, plus time for all that, in your entourage and itinerary. Mary's most often on a shoestring budget and much of her income has to go back into her act. I doubt she's in a position to employ superfluous personnel like that. Often you can only grab a bite on the run, and often it's very late at night, shortly before you go to bed, which is the worst time to be eating, even when you're young and more fit. I'm seven years younger than Mary and even with time to eat healthily and to exercise it's all I can do to keep ahead of the weight demon and I'm not always successful. For a 70-year old Mary can look like a million bucks when she's of a mind to, even if she's a bit zaftig. She wears it well.

captainjames
05-04-2014, 10:54 AM
Here is a better picture

marv2
05-04-2014, 11:07 AM
Here is a better picture

That picture is from 2011, 3 years ago. These are from the other day:

marv2
05-04-2014, 11:08 AM
Mary is a bombshell! As in va va va varooommmm........! hehehehehehe! She is "le bomb sensuale"! LOL!

milven
05-04-2014, 11:30 AM

That's just rude. Totally uncalled for.
It is uncalled for, but I think Jim’s purpose was to retaliate to Marv’s statement in an earlier thread
Where he asked what Diana Ross was hiding under a white bedspread that she was wrapped in.
And, also in another thread, Marv pointed out the exact moment in a video of Diana in a black gown, where you could see a bit of a belly.

Why is she wrapped up in that bedspread? What is she hiding?

In this case, Marv started it by going into a Diana thread and insulting her and Jim retaliated by going into a Mary thread and made a negative comment. It has worked the other way too, so Marv isn’t the only guilty one here attacking Diana or Mary. I guess we have to live with it. I don’t think it will ever end.

Both ladies are a bit over weight. They are both 70 and look decades younger. It’s not fat extra weight. It is content extra weight. They both are happy with what they are doing, and they should both be appreciated

marv2
05-04-2014, 11:45 AM
It is uncalled for, but I think Jim’s purpose was to retaliate to Marv’s statement in an earlier thread
Where he asked what Diana Ross was hiding under a white bedspread that she was wrapped in.
And, also in another thread, Marv pointed out the exact moment in a video of Diana in a black gown, where you could see a bit of a belly.

In this case, Marv started it by going into a Diana thread and insulting her and Jim retaliated by going into a Mary thread and made a negative comment. It has worked the other way too, so Marv isn’t the only guilty one here attacking Diana or Mary. I guess we have to live with it. I don’t think it will ever end.

Both ladies are a bit over weight. They are both 70 and look decades younger. It’s not fat extra weight. It is content extra weight. They both are happy with what they are doing, and they should both be appreciated

Oh stop! Mary Wilson looks great for a woman of any age [[We have eyes!). He may just not appreciate beautiful women. Don't go and try to make it into anything more........

captainjames
05-04-2014, 11:46 AM
yep we got it
we ALL understood !!!

marv2
05-04-2014, 11:47 AM
yep we got it
we ALL understood !!!
Then you also understand that you used an old picture to try to make some kind of point! But you got caught......................hehehehehehehe!

captainjames
05-04-2014, 11:59 AM
Talk to the newspaper and you are wrong !!!!
http://www.courier-journal.com/media/cinematic/video/2135340/mary-wilson-kentucky-derby-red-carpet-2014/

Then you also understand that you used an old picture to try to make some kind of point! But you got caught......................hehehehehehehe!

captainjames
05-04-2014, 12:00 PM
Same big dress and same big hat !!!
and you the same song !!!

captainjames
05-04-2014, 12:01 PM
You do not know me so do not ever second guess me again.

marv2
05-04-2014, 12:03 PM
Same big dress and same big hat !!!
and you the same song !!!

Look again and look real close! That is not the same hat or the same clothes that she is wearing in that picture from 2011 that you posted. Why are you arguing? Just look................... you got caught! LOL!

captainjames
05-04-2014, 12:07 PM
Mark just changed her necklace for her.....Same outfit !!!

marv2
05-04-2014, 12:28 PM
Mark just changed her necklace for her.....Same outfit !!!

You're hilarious! LOL!

luke
05-05-2014, 12:01 PM
Stunning simply stunning. To pick on Mary in pics reveals it all! Goodness Diana looks good when shes all dolled up too! Redhot I see what you mean. Thanks Marv for the great phots.

marv2
05-05-2014, 12:07 PM
Talk to the newspaper and you are wrong !!!!
http://www.courier-journal.com/media/cinematic/video/2135340/mary-wilson-kentucky-derby-red-carpet-2014/

Wrong about what? That you used a picture of Mary Wilson from 2011 to illustrate how she currently looks?

marv2
05-05-2014, 12:08 PM
Stunning simply stunning. To pick on Mary in pics reveals it all! Goodness Diana looks good when shes all dolled up too! Redhot I see what you mean. Thanks Marv for the great phots.

Luke you are most welcome. Mary looks spectacular.

midnightman
05-05-2014, 12:10 PM

No problem with a little meat on the bones, Jimi. :)

Anyway, she's looking GOOD.

Jimi LaLumia
05-05-2014, 04:53 PM
as Flo would say....."Honey, FAT is where it's AT!"...

marv2
05-05-2014, 05:20 PM
as Flo would say....."Honey, FAT is where it's AT!"...

and as my Grandma would say "nobody wants a bone, but a DOG!"

Roberta75
05-05-2014, 07:09 PM
A voluptuouss Mary Wilson with Mark Bego looking real cute in lime green.

Bokiluis
05-05-2014, 09:05 PM
Why is the majority of this thread not done in "private message"?

What's the point?

I think, just possibly that is one of the reasons Ralph created it.

luke
05-07-2014, 11:33 AM
There are also some other great Kentucky Derby pics on the web of many other celeberties posing with Mother Supreme, as Eddie Murphy calls Mary!

supremester
05-08-2014, 02:01 PM
According to a 1939 expert, you're not supposed to show your bosom before 3 o'clock.

Lulu
05-08-2014, 02:12 PM
According to a 1939 expert, you're not supposed to show your bosom before 3 o'clock.

mmmm...not crazy about that last pic - can you imagine what Joan Rivers would say? :o

Also, what's the deal with Miss Bego? I saw some interview where Mary introduced her as her "partner"??? That lime green...not so much, girl!

marv2
05-08-2014, 02:49 PM
mmmm...not crazy about that last pic - can you imagine what Joan Rivers would say? :o

Also, what's the deal with Miss Bego? I saw some interview where Mary introduced her as her "partner"??? That lime green...not so much, girl!

and I thought you gave your great big swan song, farewell speech a few days ago, but here you are! LOL!

marv2
05-08-2014, 02:50 PM
There are also some other great Kentucky Derby pics on the web of many other celeberties posing with Mother Supreme, as Eddie Murphy calls Mary!

Eddie always calls her, Mary Wilson, Queen Mother of Motown! LOL! He's right........

vgalindo
05-08-2014, 03:58 PM
Eddie always calls her, Mary Wilson, Queen Mother of Motown! LOL! He's right........
He called her mother Supreme. No queen of Motown. Everyone knows there is only one Queen of Motown and that is Diana Ross!!!

marv2
05-08-2014, 04:12 PM
He called her mother Supreme. No queen of Motown. Everyone knows there is only one Queen of Motown and that is Diana Ross!!!

He called her "Mary Wilson, Queen Mother of Motown" in person and again on the television show "The PJs" an American stop-motion animated television series, created by Eddie Murphy.

So you do not know what you are talking about!

supremester
05-08-2014, 05:00 PM
Kind of like Mary leaving The Supremes! LOL!

hehehehehehhehe

and I thought you gave your great big swan song, farewell speech a few days ago, but here you are! LOL!

supremester
05-08-2014, 05:07 PM
mmmm...not crazy about that last pic - can you imagine what Joan Rivers would say? :o LOL Be a scream!

Also, what's the deal with Miss Bego? I saw some interview where Mary introduced her as her "partner"???

Maybe Mary grew a weenie or got one free with her boobs and chin.

That lime green...not so much, girl!As Joan said about an effeminate male flight attendant: "there' s an airline industry term for him: 'a near miss"

Lulu
05-08-2014, 05:35 PM
As Joan said about an effeminate male flight attendant: "there' s an airline industry term for him: 'a near miss"

LOL yessssssss! That's the tea, for sure. I had to take an Adderal just to stay awake through his "updated" Aretha biography!

marv2
05-08-2014, 05:43 PM
Just listening to this on Spotify. It really is a very cool song........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmvElVGQK0A

supremester
05-08-2014, 06:32 PM
he's a wannabe. His Whitney book totally bites.
LOL yessssssss! That's the tea, for sure. I had to take an Adderal just to stay awake through his "updated" Aretha biography!

smark21
05-08-2014, 08:16 PM
Bego and Mary are working on a cookbook project together.

jobeterob
05-08-2014, 10:28 PM
Oh, Mary must have adopted Mark's cause and Mark adopted Diana's dress.

REDHOT
05-08-2014, 10:43 PM
Thanks for postin this Roberta,Mary looks GREAT,THE BEST

marv2
05-08-2014, 10:54 PM
he's a wannabe. His Whitney book totally bites.

Wannabe? I think not. He has over 10 million books in print! I think he is an "already is"! LOL! Eat cha heart out Supremester.

vgalindo
05-08-2014, 11:27 PM
He called her "Mary Wilson, Queen Mother of Motown" in person and again on the television show "The PJs" an American stop-motion animated television series, created by Eddie Murphy.

So you do not know what you are talking about!
Yes I do know what I am talking about. If you say one person Eddie Murphy calls Mary the queen of Motown. How nice for Mary. The rest of the world usually refers Diana Ross as the Queen of Motown so it looks like Eddie Murphy doesn't know what he is talking about! lol
I give Mary her due. She may be the last original Supreme but by all means she is not the Queen of Motown.

marv2
05-08-2014, 11:35 PM
Yes I do know what I am talking about. If you say one person Eddie Murphy calls Mary the queen of Motown. How nice for Mary. The rest of the world usually refers Diana Ross as the Queen of Motown so it looks like Eddie Murphy doesn't know what he is talking about! lol
I give Mary her due. She may be the last original Supreme but by all means she is not the Queen of Motown.

You are now changing the parameters and for the record he calls her "The Queen Mother of Motown"! It's the name he came up with.

honest man
05-09-2014, 05:23 AM
[I reckon QUEEN OF MOTOWN BACKGROUND SINGERS is more fitting,just saying[love you Mare].

Jimi LaLumia
05-09-2014, 05:27 AM
Eddie Murphy is just so in touch with the public pulse these days!....LMFAO!!!

milven
05-09-2014, 08:18 AM

Queen Elizabeth's mother was always referred to as Queen Mother Elizabeth until she died in 2002 at the age of 102.

Almost all Google searches refer to Diana Ross as the Queen of Motown for the last fifty years. So if Mary is truly the Queen Mother of Motown, does that make her the mother of Diana? :confused: :confused:

captainjames
05-09-2014, 11:42 AM
:D:):):rolleyes::o:o
Too funny
Everyone knows Diana is the Queen of Motown !!

Queen Elizabeth's mother was always referred to as Queen Mother Elizabeth until she died in 2002 at the age of 102.

Almost all Google searches refer to Diana Ross as the Queen of Motown for the last fifty years. So if Mary is truly the Queen Mother of Motown, does that make her the mother of Diana? :confused: :confused:

marv2
05-09-2014, 12:22 PM
:D:):):rolleyes::o:o
Too funny
Everyone knows Diana is the Queen of Motown !!

No they don't.

milven
05-09-2014, 01:05 PM
No they don't.

Can't they just Google it. I always heard Mary Wells referred to as First Lady of Motown, but she was also referred to as Queen of Motown. But for the last fifty years, Diana has been referred to as Queen of Motown. I've heard of no one else referred to as Queen of Motown - a symbolic term since Motown has no actual Queen. But Eddie Murphy's referring to Mary as Queen Mother of Motown may have been meant as a compliment, but when you look at the definition of Queen Mother, is it ? :confused:

A Queen mother is a dowager queen who is the mother of the reigning monarch. ...

captainjames
05-09-2014, 01:20 PM
:D MILVEN,
I agree with you 100% +
Everyone may not know Diana is and was the Queen of Motown but, one thing for sure Mary Wilson is and was not ever the Queen of Motown in this lifetime.
I have heard reference to Mary Wells and even Martha Reeves but NEVER Mary Wilson.

Can't they just Google it. I always heard Mary Wells referred to as First Lady of Motown, but she was also referred to as Queen of Motown. But for the last fifty years, Diana has been referred to as Queen of Motown. I've heard of no one else referred to as Queen of Motown - a symbolic term since Motown has no actual Queen. But Eddie Murphy's referring to Mary as Queen Mother of Motown may have been meant as a compliment, but when you look at the definition of Queen Mother, is it ? :confused:

A Queen mother is a dowager queen who is the mother of the reigning monarch. ...

supremester
05-09-2014, 01:22 PM
By that standard, Miss Ross would be beyond "already is" to "already Queen Of Motown" I was referring to his content, not sales. Fun With Dick And Jane sold even more than Mark Bego - after you stop giggling at the title, eat YOUR heart out! LOL!!! hehehehehehehe

Wannabe? I think not. He has over 10 million books in print! I think he is an "already is"! LOL! Eat cha heart out Supremester.

supremester
05-09-2014, 01:27 PM
I'm loving this. Eddie Murphy is now the litmus test for Queendom? I must email him on another matter. But, I digress. Now we're quoting Eddie Murphy? LOL. If it was that snotty little bitch that did the Rusketts commercial in the 60's said it, Marv would be touting her credentials.

Bless you, Marv and my offer for a drink, coffee, light snack or full meal in NYC remains open and hopefully on you're "to do list." Are you going to Queen Ree at Radio City? I might need a date.........[[I won't try anything....)

Lulu
05-09-2014, 01:28 PM
Eddie Murphy could stand to make a hit movie and stop weaseling his way over here to our precious boards! Get to work, Eddie...you ain't done nothing good since Dreamgirls! Norbit​, anyone???

bradsupremes
05-09-2014, 05:43 PM
Didn't you all know Martha Reeves is referred to as Dr. Queen Mother First Lady Martha Reeves of Motown?

captainjames
05-09-2014, 06:09 PM

Gee I do know but ask anyone who was employed by Motown who they thought the Queen of Motown is and was. I am sure Mary would even say Diana.

Roberta75
05-09-2014, 06:28 PM
Didn't you all know Martha Reeves is referred to as Dr. Queen Mother First Lady Martha Reeves of Motown?

No bradsupremes Miss reeves is refered to by me as Dr Martha Reeves the First Lady of Motown Records because Miss Martha is a doctor and imo Dr Reeves is the First Lady of Motown Records.

Sincerly,

Roberta

marv2
05-09-2014, 09:18 PM

Gee I do know but ask anyone who was employed by Motown who they thought the Queen of Motown is and was. I am sure Mary would even say Diana.

That is a nice very, very old ass picture of Diane. Yep! Same big head with no body. I think it was taken back when I was in high school! LOL!!!

smark21
05-09-2014, 09:31 PM
Irene Ryan was the queen of Motown.

marv2
05-09-2014, 10:07 PM

I think you may be right.

captainjames
05-09-2014, 10:12 PM
I asked Mary Wilson this question back in 2010 !!!! Somebody please ask her again.

milven
05-09-2014, 11:38 PM

I think you may be right.

OMG !! Irene was born in 1902. If she is the Queen of Motown and Mary is the Queen Mother of Motown................:confused:

Ouch !

Be nice to Mary and concede that she is not the Queen Mother of Motown

LadyLola
05-10-2014, 12:28 PM
That is a nice very, very old ass picture of Diane. Yep! Same big head with no body. I think it was taken back when I was in high school! LOL!!!

I think this photo was taken in the 1970's not the 1870's hon.

captainjames
05-10-2014, 11:08 PM
OUCH !!!!
Why don't you tell us how you really feel !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think this photo was taken in the 1970's not the 1870's hon.