PDA

View Full Version : Harry Balk Sues Clarence Avant on behalf of Sixto Rodriguez!!!!

test

marv2
05-03-2014, 12:04 PM
From today's Detroit Free Press comes news that Harry Balk is going after back royalties owed to Sixto Rodriguez:

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2014305020132

ralpht
05-03-2014, 03:12 PM
Interesting, Marv. I know Harry had him first. The story goes that when Rodriguez told Harry he could only sing with his back to the audience, Harry threw him out. I suppose it was sometime soon after that Mike Theodore and Dennis Coffey picked him up.

I spoke with Harry yesterday. He has been in re-hab after a particularly nasty case of shingles. In all honesty, I'm worried about him. He has been sounding weaker every time I have called him. Harry will be 90 in October.

marv2
05-03-2014, 03:24 PM
Interesting, Marv. I know Harry had him first. The story goes that when Rodriguez told Harry he could only sing with his back to the audience, Harry threw him out. I suppose it was sometime soon after that Mike Theodore and Dennis Coffey picked him up.

I spoke with Harry yesterday. He has been in re-hab after a particularly nasty case of shingles. In all honesty, I'm worried about him. He has been sounding weaker every time I have called him. Harry will be 90 in October.

Sorry to hear that Harry's been ill Ralph. I spoke with Al today and he's doing ok on the road to doing better . I hope Rodriguez gets his due. I also hope Harry gets well soon. I'd like to him one day. Clarence Avant? No comment............

ralpht
05-03-2014, 03:57 PM
Marv,
I have such mixed feelings about Avant. He was a very good customer at Tera Shirma, bringing in a ton of business and always paying his studio tab. But the whole Rodriguez thing has me scratching my head. What will be will be I suppose.
Yeah, I wish you could meet Harry also. He is definitely one of a kind.

marv2
05-03-2014, 04:20 PM
Marv,
I have such mixed feelings about Avant. He was a very good customer at Tera Shirma, bringing in a ton of business and always paying his studio tab. But the whole Rodriguez thing has me scratching my head. What will be will be I suppose.
Yeah, I wish you could meet Harry also. He is definitely one of a kind.

Ralph, it's kinda like the feeling some have about certain performers. They sometimes make great music, but as people and personalities they come up lacking!!! I too have mixed feelings about Avant, as well as some others that usually get me into trouble when I state how I feel about them LOL! That's why I will offer a "no comment" on him for the time being. I am looking forward to Harry, Rodriguez and everyone else associated with this case celebrating later in the year!