PDA

View Full Version : The Carol Burnett Show - Tony Tallahassee and Dusk LOL!!!

test

marv2
05-01-2014, 08:38 PM
Back when television was fun to watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXJn3elX0V8

no_place_like_motown
05-02-2014, 05:48 AM
I love the Carol Burnett Show!

It's always great to begin your day with a good laugh! Thanks, Marv.

marv2
05-02-2014, 10:19 AM
I love the Carol Burnett Show!

It always great to begin your day with a good laugh! Thanks, Marv.

You are most welcome no_place_like_motown! It just goes that simple and clean is really the funniest! LOL!

westgrandboulevard
05-02-2014, 10:22 AM
I wish we could have had Carol Burnett on TV in the UK.

She is largely unknown here......

marv2
05-02-2014, 10:27 AM
I wish we could have had Carol Burnett on TV in the UK.

She is largely unknown here......

Really? We got to see Benny Hill here in the States and he became very popular. Similar type comedy.

westgrandboulevard
05-02-2014, 10:35 AM
In those days, we had very few channels. I feel sure that if the show was transmitted, I would have known about it.

Lucille Ball passed away 25 years ago, but I think she still would be much more readily identified in UK by the average person of a certain age, than Carol Burnett.

Benny Hill was born about 18 miles from me. You might already know that he changed his given first name from Alfred to Benny, as his favourite comedian was Jack Benny....

marv2
05-02-2014, 10:51 AM
In those days, we had very few channels. I feel sure that if the show was transmitted, I would have known about it.

Lucille Ball passed away 25 years ago, but I think she still would be much more readily identified in UK by the average person of a certain age, than Carol Burnett.

Benny Hill was born about 18 miles from me. You might already know that he changed his given first name from Alfred to Benny, as his favourite comedian was Jack Benny....

I did not know that about Benny. For most of the run of the Carol Burnett Show, we had only 3 television networks [[ABC, NBC and CBS which carried her show.). They might sell the Carol Burnett Show on DVD now. Not sure, but it would be worth checking out.

no_place_like_motown
05-02-2014, 12:56 PM
I did not know that about Benny. For most of the run of the Carol Burnett Show, we had only 3 television networks [[ABC, NBC and CBS which carried her show.). They might sell the Carol Burnett Show on DVD now. Not sure, but it would be worth checking out.

Marv, you're correct. There is a DVD collection of the show. There's actually quite a few compilations with variable prices:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_13?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=carol+burnett+show+dvd+collection&sprefix=carol+burnett%2Caps%2C490

The Jack Benny Show was hilarious as well. Carol Burnett appeared on his show years before her variety series premiered in 1967. She did her famous "tarzan yell" in a skit w/ Benny which takes place in a jungle-type setting. I was in stitches!

Cheers, westgrand :cool:

Jerry Oz
05-03-2014, 12:29 PM
The don't make shows like they used to. There's not one night on the schedule where you can sit down and watch one network's programming through all of prime time. Perhaps because of all of the options available on cable, but still...

The best night in US TV history [[Saturday night lineup):
8:00 All In The Family
8:30 The Jeffersons
9:00 Mary Tyler Moore Show
9:30 Bob Newhart Show
10:00 Carol Burnett Show [[Consider that MASH was once in this lineup as well!)

Second best night in TV history [[Thursday night lineup):
8:00 The Cosby Show
8:30 Family Ties
9:00 Cheers
9:30 Night Court
10:00 Hill Street Blues

marv2
05-03-2014, 05:06 PM
The don't make shows like they used to. There's not one night on the schedule where you can sit down and watch one network's programming through all of prime time. Perhaps because of all of the options available on cable, but still...

The best night in US TV history [[Saturday night lineup):
8:00 All In The Family
8:30 The Jeffersons
9:00 Mary Tyler Moore Show
9:30 Bob Newhart Show
10:00 Carol Burnett Show [[Consider that MASH was once in this lineup as well!)

Second best night in TV history [[Thursday night lineup):
8:00 The Cosby Show
8:30 Family Ties
9:00 Cheers
9:30 Night Court
10:00 Hill Street Blues

Yep, Jerry I remember those nights and those lineups. That was exactly my favorite lineup, Thurs nights in the mid-80's!