PDA

View Full Version : Go wiz

test

arr&bee
04-29-2014, 01:10 AM
Maybe i shouldn't say anything[don't wanna jinx em]but my long suffering,downtrodden,badluck,wizards are finally looking like a real nba playoff team,ernie grudfield finally woke up[his job is on the line]and found some real players to help john wall and bradley beal win,i'm nervous just thinking about how far they can go if they stay focused and hustle,no they won't beat the heat but if they get to the east finals they'll scare em good[say six games?]...go wiz!!!

Jerry Oz
04-29-2014, 11:57 AM
Good luck this year, amigo. I am too jaded against the NBA to ever see it as being fair again. For a team like the Wizards to beat a marquee team like the Bulls, they have outplay them in all areas of the game as well as to do it in a way that the officials cannot impact the contest with "questionable" calls. I'm a Sixers can who is sadly rooting for your boys to do it this year.

arr&bee
04-30-2014, 02:14 AM
Thanks jerry,i'm very proud of this team because for years they made bad personel moves,played stupidly..example[having a game won with less than five seconds left a dumb player tosses the ball in the air it comes down into the hands of the opponent who shoots and we lose,not to mention the infamous[gun]episode that ended the gilbert arenas era,so to finally get some real leadership in the locker room and to actually compete for real,if i'm dreaming then let me sleep a little longer...go wiz!!!

westgrandboulevard
04-30-2014, 04:48 AM
I've no idea of this team, but "infamous gun episode", arr&bee - ??

Jerry Oz
04-30-2014, 12:25 PM
One of the lowest points in American team sports history, when two teammates brandished guns at each other in the locker room. In the words of one of them [[Gilbert Arenas):

According to Arenas, then-Wizards center JaVale McGee beat former Wizards guard Javaris Crittenton out of $1100 in a card game. But, former Wiz guard Earl Boykins had previously loaned McGee $200, so after McGee won the money, Crittenton started yelling at him and telling him to pay Boykins back.

"'Pay the man his [expletive] money. You've got all my money,'" Arenas remembers Crittenton yelling at McGee. "So I jumped in, 'Why you talking to your teammates like this? We family.' That's when [Crittenton] started coming at me. '[Expletive, racial slur], just because you got all money, this and this and this.' That's when we started going back and forth. I didn't owe him anything. It was over a $1100 pot he just lost."

That's when the gun talk started. "Someone said they were going to shoot me," Arenas says. "So since I'm one of those guys who says, 'I want to see this happen. I want to see you actually shoot me,' that's where that came from. I brought four guns in and said [in a note], 'Pick 1, so the day you want to shoot me let me know, I'll be ready to get shot.'"

More words were exchanged. The media got wind of it. One thing led to another and… Arenas had his whole world turned upside down for the better part of the next three years.

westgrandboulevard
04-30-2014, 01:17 PM
It certainly places a certain medley of hits, as performed in the Motown 25 show, firmly into perspective :)

smark21
04-30-2014, 08:13 PM
When did the Washington change their name from the Bullets to the Wizards?

Jerry Oz
04-30-2014, 08:41 PM
??! You are being funny, right?

Ryon6
04-30-2014, 08:43 PM
Hey arr&bee, the Wizards are also my home team, though I live in Atlanta. I've been a faithful fans for many decades, dating back to the mid-70s with Elvin Hayes, Phil Chenier and Wes Unseld to name a few. I'm happy for the team and the fans.
I am hoping the Wizards play and beat the Hawks in the next round, since I am now a Georgian [[yuck)!!!

smark, that change of names happened over 10 years ago at least. The owners/organization wanted to change the name from Bullets to Wizards because of the reputation that DC had at that time. They were thinking that perhaps a name change would better the team [[they were losing badly during that time).