PDA

View Full Version : DRATS "Funny Girl" is Here!

test

longtimefan
04-28-2014, 11:26 PM
Let's start a new thread now that the download is available.

Wow, the booklet looks terrific with great pictures. But ... what do we do with the download? How do we print it out ands make an actual booklet? Oh, how I wish I had a professionally printed one on glossy paper that came with a real CD!

antceleb12
04-28-2014, 11:29 PM
You might want to ask your local Kinko's [[or other professional copying store). They might be able to do something for a relatively cheap price.

Lulu
04-28-2014, 11:34 PM
Let's start a new thread now that the download is available.

Wow, the booklet looks terrific with great pictures. But ... what do we do with the download? How do we print it out ands make an actual booklet? Oh, how I wish I had a professionally printed one on glossy paper that came with a real CD!

You should be able to open the file in Adobe [[find it in your iTunes or Amazon MP3 folder on your hard drive) and print from there.

daviddh
04-29-2014, 12:06 AM
got it , the new mixs are great, loving Coronet Man and My Man . the photos are a treat. for me, I am loving having the liner notes and photos on my lab top, I can actually read them! I have actually been straining to read the cds liners for the last few years so for me this is a plus. plus it list A GO GO and BABY IT'S ME as 'coming" cool. finally
really like hearing the Supremes actually singing, great orchestration
e

marybrewster
04-29-2014, 12:19 AM
Sorry. Just can't get excited about this one.

carole cucumber
04-29-2014, 05:55 AM
... plus it list A GO GO and BABY IT'S ME as 'coming" cool. finally
really like hearing the Supremes actually singing, great orchestration
e

It will be interesting to hear if there are any other surprises that Andy , George & Kevin had planned to reveal on Nightflight tonight.

cheekylincs
04-29-2014, 06:30 AM
So - when are we likely to see this here in the UK?

ejluther
04-29-2014, 07:06 AM
plus it list A GO GO and BABY IT'S ME as 'coming" cool. finally
Hooray!

I'm loving the new release and can't wait to hear it talked about tonight on NIGHT FLIGHT...

ejluther
04-29-2014, 07:41 AM
plus it list A GO GO and BABY IT'S ME as 'coming" cool. finally
Hooray!

I'm loving the new release and can't wait to hear it talked about tonight on NIGHT FLIGHT...

ETA:
I can actually read them! I have actually been straining to read the cds liners for the last few years so for me this is a plus
Me, too! One of my biggest gripes about digital release is the lack of liner notes/artwork - THIS is how you do it! I can only hope this becomes the standard for digital releases...

RossHolloway
04-29-2014, 08:47 AM
I just down loaded the album off Amazon just minutes ago. Can't wait to listen to it, especially the new mixes.

JohnnyB
04-29-2014, 09:52 AM
I just down loaded the album off Amazon just minutes ago. Can't wait to listen to it, especially the new mixes.

What a treat; listening to this remastered collection while en route to see Miss Ross in Chicago tonight. The sound is superb! I'm hearing instrumentation I never noticed on LP. Thanks to Andy, George and team!!

RossHolloway
04-29-2014, 09:57 AM
What a treat; listening to this remastered collection while en route to see Miss Ross in Chicago tonight. The sound is superb! I'm hearing instrumentation I never noticed on LP. Thanks to Andy, George and team!!

The sound is superb. Who ever said the sound quality from downloads is not the same as cd is absolutely wrong.

sup_fan
04-29-2014, 09:59 AM
the sound really is excellent. and although i'm sad there are so many tracks w/o M and C [[in the new mixes) that's not a surprise. at least for those track that are the trio, we have some great harmonies and the backgrounds aren't buried.

and now get ready for A Go Go!! the booklet says it and Baby's It's Me are next!

sup_fan
04-29-2014, 10:23 AM
been reading through the booklet. all 10 tracks were recorded on 1 day!! not the vocals but the backing tracks. that's a LONG day, if you assume there was 1 or 2 takes at least per track, union breaks, etc. then 7 of the tracks got vocal treatments on the 22nd and the remaining 3 on the 23rd. then they list the dates of the added backgrounds. still June 20, 22 and 23 were slammed days!

antceleb12
04-29-2014, 11:21 AM
I have never been a big fan of the FG album, but the sound is amazing, and the remixing is just superb! One thing that struck me as interesting was that when they said they would be removing the chorus to feature only Mary and Cindy, I had no idea that they would be adding Mary and Cindy back to where they had been previously deleted, as well!

djessie
04-29-2014, 11:46 AM
If only this had been released on CD - fingers crossed it will at some point, but until then I won't be buying.

Thrilled to hear that "Baby It's Me" and "Supremes A Go Go" are next - I assume that they will actually be released on physical formats...

vgalindo
04-29-2014, 12:44 PM
Does anyone know if BIM is going to be a single or double cd?

daviddh
04-29-2014, 12:52 PM
baby it's me double cd

RossHolloway
04-29-2014, 01:22 PM
baby it's me double cd

I thought that MOtown Andy stated that BIM was going to be a single cd release.

daviddh
04-29-2014, 01:35 PM
think the album came out well. I listen to it much differently now than I did then. great vocals by ross and orchestration, but still don't get why they released this album. it did sell 217,000 copies in 1968 but Motown released 6 supremes albums in one year so the group really competed against themselves. I just don't fell it has the same feel as supremes sing rogers and hart. but there is a quality about this album but I do think it may have been better if it was From Broadway to with various songs rather than a funny girl soundtrack

carole cucumber
04-29-2014, 04:43 PM
I thought that MOtown Andy stated that BIM was going to be a single cd release.

Yes, he did. And he also stated that the booklet would include a new interview with Richard Perry concerning the sessions and the album.

daviddh
04-29-2014, 04:54 PM
u r correct, a go go is 2 cds. disc one has mono and stereo mixs with bonus tracks disc 2

pubbis
04-29-2014, 06:32 PM
It is really sad Reading all your mail about the down load of Funny Girl. As we in Europe canīt download it as it is a USA download only
Hope Andy can talk to Universal and make them understand that there are Motown fans outside USA too.

carlo
04-29-2014, 08:09 PM
I'm sad that the artwork I had created years ago had not been used for the new Expanded Edition...

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e177/Carlo89/supremesfunnygirl.jpg

carlo
04-29-2014, 08:14 PM
With all joking aside, I purchased/downloaded the album tonight and I am very happy with it. The digital booklet is wonderful, with so many unseen photos. Hopefully this digital release will do well and open the door for more physical releases. As much as we all bitch and whine, Supremes fans have always been extremely loyal and supportive. I hope we will continue to prove that.

Oh, the sound quality is also great! I was listening to some of the alternate mixes and noticed the lead vocal was different on a song or two. I was impressed that my ears did not deceive me and that an alternate lead was in fact used on three of the songs, as stated in the digital booklet.

The price was also impressive. iTunes Canada is offering it for $11.99. Very reasonable.

Hope you guys in the UK and elsewhere get this release very soon!