PDA

View Full Version : Rubin "Hurricane" Carter just died

test

thomas96
04-20-2014, 02:12 PM
I had the pleasure of meeting him at my boxing gym a few years back. Fantastic man. This is heartbreaking. The Hurricane will live on forever.

marv2
04-20-2014, 02:56 PM
I just saw this on the CNN ticker tape. I had the greatest respect for Ruben "Hurricane" Carter and his story was very inspirational to me. He taught me that life is not always fair,but we can overcome. He was a great man in my opinion and will be missed by many. Rest in peace Hurricane and thank you for being you!

Marv

thomas96
04-20-2014, 03:11 PM
I just saw this on the CNN ticker tape. I had the greatest respect for Ruben "Hurricane" Carter and his story was very inspirational to me. He taught me that life is not always fair,but we can overcome. He was a great man in my opinion and will be missed by many. Rest in peace Hurricane and thank you for being you!

Marv

He was my whole inspiration in my short-lived boxing career years ago. The man would've been champ if he didn't have his life robbed from him. He could really pack a punch for a middleweight.

Soul Sister
04-21-2014, 09:15 AM
I met him in 1966 before his arrest with my friend Barry who lived in Paterson, Ruben was sitting in front of his mother's house on a lawn chair. They chatted for quite awhile before we left. At the time he looked scary to me, lol, he was quite the boxer then.
R.I.P. Ruben.

S.S.