PDA

View Full Version : Bettye Lavette and Paolo Nutini - Let Me Down Easy "duet"

test

MIKEW-UK
04-10-2014, 09:33 AM
The all time great'Let Me Down Easy' performed by Bettye Lavette is about to be introduced to a whole new generation..... Paolo Nutini has a new 'soul' album coming out imminently and track 2 is a 'duet' of Bettye and Paolo on 'Let Me Down Easy'.

It's actually a very creative sampling of Bettye melded and overlaid with Paolo...I imagine it will be very successful commercially as well as creatively/

Itunes is offering free previews of the album..

here's a live performance.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnsDIcdecI4

marv2
04-10-2014, 07:21 PM
Although I had not heard of him before, he does a good job with Miss Bettye' song..

imnokid
05-10-2014, 06:54 PM
Calla owned the master, Don Gardner owns the publishing and the artist who's voice is used gets nothing. Another sampling law that needs to be addressed.

marv2
05-10-2014, 07:00 PM
Calla owned the master, Don Gardner owns the publishing and the artist who's voice is used gets nothing. Another sampling law that needs to be addressed.

You gotta be kidding me? That sucks! Having owned the equipment and company to release this song and song lyrics that are just words on paper cannot be as or more important than the talent that brought the song to life. The one that "sold it". The sampling law most definitely needs to be revisted and revised. The way it is now Miss Bettye and others are being robbed!

MIKEW-UK
05-11-2014, 02:33 AM
Ouch, I had no idea how grossly unfair the law is on the use of the someone else's vocals. Feels like legally endorsed misappropriation. Law needs changing.