PDA

View Full Version : Remembering Marvin...30 Years Later

test

Lulu
03-31-2014, 10:49 PM
I wonder if we could start a thread to memorialize Marvin as tomorrow is the 30th anniversary of his passing.

What are your favorite Marvin songs?

arr&bee
03-31-2014, 11:50 PM
Hi lulu,nice post,my favs are...pretty little baby-i'll be doggone-pride and joy-funky space reincarnation-madness-forever-try it baby...what can you say about marvin,one of the greatest vocalist of alltime who left us with a treasure trove of wonderful music...to quote him-my prescription is the kind you love to have refilled-musically....marvin forever.

Bokiluis
04-01-2014, 12:09 AM
"What's Going On" - as a song and its entirety
"Flyin' High [[ in the Friendly Sky)"
"What's Happening Brother"
"Please Stay Don't Go Away"
"if I Should Die Tonight"
"Come Get to This"
"Just to Keep You Satisfied"
"All the Way Around"
"Since I'll Be Lovin' You"

This is so hard because I love the entire iconic period.

"Is That Enough"
"Time to Get it Together"
"You Can Leave, But Its Going to Cost You"
"Fallin' in Love Again"
"Praise"
l"Funk Me"
"Til Tomorrow"
"My Love is Waiting"

Diana & Marvin

supremester
04-01-2014, 02:19 AM
Let's Get It On
How Swwet It Is
Mona Lisa
Sexual Healing
Diana & Marvin
Grapevine
Sexual Healing
What's Going On [[LP)
R.I.P.

midnightman
04-01-2014, 02:48 AM
Since this is the same week of the birth of the Great One. I'm looking more forward to the 75th anniversary of his birth than the 30th anniversary of his death. And I'm playing his unreleased 1971-1972 instrumental album right now from the What's Going On 40th set. Great stuff.

midnightman
04-01-2014, 02:56 AM
Anyway, it's hard to mention just ten Marvin songs. It'll take all night lol

But my latest are:
It's a Desperate Situation
Dark Side of the World
Infinity
My Love is Waiting
Head Title [[original master version)
I'm Going Home [[Move)
It's a Bitter Pill to Swallow
Symphony
T Plays It Cool [[unedited mix)
Heavy Love Affair [[John Morales mix)

marv2
04-01-2014, 07:48 AM
Great, great ,great singer!

dinelle_watson
04-01-2014, 12:43 PM
I know I wasn't born yet, but I know that my mom said she was pregnant with my older at the time. She was at a car dealership when she heard the news. Like everyone else, she thought it was a sick April Fool's prank, until she saw the news. It really brings the meaning "I Brought You Into This World and I'll take you out" to life. They say whenever it rains on the day a person dies that means that they weren't ready to leave the world.

marv2
04-01-2014, 04:51 PM
I know I wasn't born yet, but I know that my mom said she was pregnant with my older at the time. She was at a car dealership when she heard the news. Like everyone else, she thought it was a sick April Fool's prank, until she saw the news. It really brings the meaning "I Brought You Into This World and I'll take you out" to life. They say whenever it rains on the day a person dies that means that they weren't ready to leave the world.

I remember getting off work that day.....I think it was a Sunday and seeing Marvin's picture flash on the screen during the CBS Evening news . I had the sound turned down, but I knew when I saw his picture that something awful had happened......

Roger Polhill
04-01-2014, 05:30 PM
Everything before 1972. My favourite Motown artist and very sadly missed. I can`t get over the unreleased tracks that keep appearing and how strong they are.