PDA

View Full Version : ROSS on the CD Player

test

captainjames
03-31-2014, 08:13 PM
Listening to my Ross CD
I forgot how good she sounds on this CD even though it was a CD of Mix sorts there are definitely some GEMS here.

Bokiluis
03-31-2014, 08:48 PM
When she did the hour long interview with Donnie Simpson on BET's Video Soul around "The Force Behind the Power", they used "Never Say I Don't Love You" during one of the commercial bumpers, just that little bit of music made me go back to "Ross '78" which I always regarded as not a full album. But then there is "You Were the One" which soars.

daviddh
03-31-2014, 09:01 PM
great vocals here. love it, cant wait for the expanded set

smark21
03-31-2014, 09:39 PM
The album cover is quite dated though; back in the 70s cigarettes could still enhance glamour, now it doesn't.

Lulu
03-31-2014, 09:58 PM
The album cover is quite dated though; back in the 70s cigarettes could still enhance glamour, now it doesn't.

I wouldn't say "dated" - maybe "vintage". People still faint over pics of Davis, Crawford, and plenty of men with cigarettes.

BTW, love this album - always have and always will - hodgepodge or not. "To Love Again" and "Where Did We Go Wrong" are two of her best ballad vocals IMHO.

Ollie9
04-01-2014, 02:41 AM
I think thrown together albums such as Ross 78 and Last time I Saw Him did more damage than good. I feel they made the media question Diana's integrity as a serious and creative music artist when compared to stable mates such as Marvin and Stevie. Motown should have been releasing full, completed projects such as Blue and To The Baby which would only have enhanced Diana's music reputation at the time.