PDA

View Full Version : 2 on 1: Early 2000's Reissues - Does Anyone Have A Full List?

test

Lulu
03-29-2014, 09:39 PM
In Early 2000's, Universal issued quite a few "2 on 1's" like the one below. Does anyone have a full list? I just became aware of the Edwin Starr disc below as well as an Isley Brothers. I know quite a few of them were Supremes, Tempts, Miracles.

Thanks!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/514Alp1nVCL.jpg

Roger Polhill
03-29-2014, 11:22 PM
Edwin: "War & Peace" / "Involved"
Temptations: "Cloud Nine" / "Puzzle People"
"Psychedelic Shack" / "All Directions"
"Live At The Copa" / "With A Lot O` Soul"
Four Tops: "On Top" / "Reach Out"
"Still Waters" / "Changin` Times"
"Yesterday`s Dreams" / "Soul Spin"
"Four Tops" / "2nd Album"
Marvin Gaye: "That Stubborn Kind Of Fellow" / "How Sweet It Is"
"M.P.G." / "That`s The Way Love Is"
Marvin & Girls: "Together" / "Take Two"
Martha & Vandellas: "Natural Resources" / "Black Magic"
"Come & Get These Memories" / "Heatwave"
"Sugar N` Spice/ "Ridin` High"
" Dance Party" / "Watchout"
Jr. Walker: "Road Runner" / "Home Cookin`"
"Shotgun" / "Soul Session"
Isley Bros: "This Old Heart Of Mine" / "Soul On The Rocks"
Jackson 5: "D.R. Presents" / ABC."
S.R. & Miracles: "Time Out " / "Four In Blue"
"Make It Happen" / "Four In Blue"
Supremes: "More Hits" / Sing H.D.H."
"Where Did Our Love Go" / "I Hear A Symphony"
"Let The Sunshine in" / "Cream of The Crop"
"Love Child" / "A` Go-Go"
"A Bit Of Liverpool" / "T.C.B."
This is what I have and I think that there are more. It`s a start anyway.

captainjames
03-30-2014, 12:34 AM
"Join" and "Together"
Diana Ross and The Supremes and The Temptations

calvin
03-30-2014, 12:44 AM
Smokey Robinson & The Miracles: Going To A Go-Go / Away We A Go-Go
Make It Happen in Roger's list is paired with Special Occasion

The Temptations: Meet The Temptations / Sing Smokey
Wish It Would Rain / In A Mellow Mood
A Song For You / Masterpiece

As I recall, these twofers omit a song if the same song appears on both albums. That was taken to a ridiculous extreme on "With A Lot O' Soul", where the studio version of "You're My Everything" was omitted apparently because the song was included - as a LIVE version - on "Live At The Copa".

Reviewers on Amazon UK say that some songs were edited - cut in length - on The Temptations "A Song For You" / "Masterpiece" [[I can't confirm that, I don't have that twofer as I have both those albums individually on cd).

Does anyone know of other song omissions/edits in the series?

Roger Polhill
03-30-2014, 01:08 AM
Calvin, the version of "At The Copa" is missing "[[I Know) I`m Losing You" also. Thanks for pointing out "You`re My Everything" as I hadn`t noticed. It took me a long time and quite a few $ to get a CD copy of "At The Copa" to obtain this track.

Buttered Popcorn and so forth
03-30-2014, 01:43 AM
I love the Martha Reeves & The Vandellas ones! They put all 8 studio albums in order of release and added bonus non-album singles & b-sides and a few unreleased songs and alternate versions.

honest man
03-30-2014, 05:38 AM
Yes The Miracles GOGO HAD BONUS TRACKS ALSO,CHEERS.

calvin
03-30-2014, 05:49 AM
Calvin, the version of "At The Copa" is missing "[[I Know) I`m Losing You" also. Thanks for pointing out "You`re My Everything" as I hadn`t noticed. It took me a long time and quite a few $ to get a CD copy of "At The Copa" to obtain this track.

Yes that's right, "[[I Know) I'm Losing You" was apparently omitted from "Copa" because it's on "With A Lot O' Soul" as a studio version! I forgot about that, but I remember that I was pretty disappointed when I noticed the omissions on this set after I bought it.

I guess "[[I Know) I'm Losing You" is on the the hard-to-find early 90s Copa cd [[the one with the wrong album cover)? I just checked DFTMC for this live version and it lists it as being on this twofer UK Copa release [[it isn't), and otherwise only on LP [[I emailed Keith). I still don't have it on cd. :-[[

Maybe they thought they were doing us a favour, we wouldn't want to hear the same song played twice on the same cd [[even if studio & live versions!)? Or maybe it was a cd length issue [[Copa / Soul is about 69 mins)? Or they saved some money on licensing/royalties by doing this?

Edwin Starr's "Involved" is missing "Way Over There", and it's not on the partner album "War & Peace" [[it was not part of the "War & Peace" LP originally) - but it's on his other twofer of this series as part of "Soul Master".

But yes, great that these were released and we got all the Martha & The Vandellas albums on cd, among others. Too bad they didn't do all the Smokey Robinson & The Miracles, some of their later albums have still never appeared on cd.

Nothing But Soul
03-30-2014, 07:43 AM
Although they came a few years later, there were also ten Motown albums from Gladys Knight and the Pips that were released in 2006 on five "2 on 1" CDs:

- Everybody Needs Love & Feelin' Bluesy
- Silk n'Soul & The Nitty Gritty
- If I Were Your Woman & Standing Ovation
- Neither One of Us & All I Need is Time
- Knight Time & A Little Knight Music

kenneth
03-30-2014, 09:50 AM
I just recently found and purchased all the Gladys Knight 2-fers. They are really outstanding in both material and sound quality. I think each includes a few bonus tracks.

I was disappointed to learn that some of the CDs don't actually include the entire albums. Although it's understandable they might delete tracks in common with both LPs represented, both here and in one of the Amazon reviews of the Edwin Starr "War & Peace/Involved," it says a few tracks were deleted.

roger
03-30-2014, 12:06 PM

Roger, I'm the exact opposite to you [[in spite of having the same name) as I have this toofer and didn't realise that there was a version of "Losing You" on "At the Copa" until I read this thread. :)

I knew about the missing "You're My Everything" from the "Lot O Soul" the moment I first played the C.D. as I have a copy of that L.P. on Vinyl and so it was glaringly obvious. I've always assumed that one of the people who put together the Toofer assumed that the two versions were identical, and the idea that there could have been some time or licensing issue at play had never occurred to me.

Roger

kenneth
03-30-2014, 12:42 PM
Roger, I'm the exact opposite to you [[in spite of having the same name) as I have this toofer and didn't realise that there was a version of "Losing You" on "At the Copa" until I read this thread. :)

I knew about the missing "You're My Everything" from the "Lot O Soul" the moment I first played the C.D. as I have a copy of that L.P. on Vinyl and so it was glaringly obvious. I've always assumed that one of the people who put together the Toofer assumed that the two versions were identical, and the idea that there could have been some time or licensing issue at play had never occurred to me.

Roger

I can't imagine how there could be a licensing issue. If it was rights to the song itself, it'd affect both the studio and live versions. If it was rights to the live LP, well the rest of the live LP wouldn't be there. It had to be some know-nothing who didn't even stop to realize that they couldn't possibly be identical tracks, one being live and the other the hit version.

calvin
03-30-2014, 12:53 PM
Some years ago I went through all the ones I bought - which is not all of the series, but 25 of them by my count - to check for missing songs. In addition to the omissions above, I noticed that:
"War" is not included on Involved because it's on War & Peace.
"Something" is not included as part of Black Magic because it's on Natural Resources.
"That's The Way Love Is" is not included as part of MPG because it's on That's The Way Love Is.
Those are understandable, and you can put the original albums back together after ripping if you wish as long as the two versions are identical.

If what the Amazon reviewers wrote about A Song For You / Masterpiece is true, that's one to avoid. Both of those titles are available as single discs.

03-30-2014, 01:54 PM
I have and older one for Ain't No Mountain High Enough/Surrender and the back cover says:

AIN'T NO MOUNTAIN HIGH ENOUGH was originally released as the LP, DIANA ROSS. YOU'RE ALL I NEED TO GET BY and THESE THINGS WILL KEEP ME LOVING YOU are deleted from this compact disc for time purposes, but can be found in the compact disc, ALL THE GREAT LOVE SONGS by Diana Ross.

There was also an old one for the Four Tops - Nature Planned It/Keeper Of The Castle that omitted "Keeper Of The Castle [[Reprise)" for time purposes. But then they later released them as separate CDs, but still left off the reprise!

calvin
03-30-2014, 02:29 PM
It could have been a time issue for some of these - War & Peace / Involved is about 77 mins, Natural Resources / Black Magic about 76.

But MPG / That's The Way Love Is is "only" 70 mins, that song could have been included twice. And Copa / With a Lot O' Soul is 69 mins - at least one of the two songs would have fit, probably both [["You're My Everything" is 2:58, I don't know the time for the live "I'm Losing You"). So it looks like someone made a decision that no song is appearing twice on a cd.

What I meant by licensing/royalties was that maybe they saved some money doing it this way? Though I guess it shouldn't be licensing as these are on the Motown label and Universal owns the copyrights.

Perhaps the most likely explanation is that they thought the listener wouldn't want to hear the same song twice while playing the cd - and then yes, someone just went ahead and crossed off one each of the repeated songs, including on the Copa / Soul twofer.

kenneth
03-30-2014, 02:38 PM
It could have been a time issue for some of these - War & Peace / Involved is about 77 mins, Natural Resources / Black Magic about 76.

What I meant by licensing/royalties was that maybe they saved some money doing it this way? Though I guess it shouldn't be licensing as these are on the Motown label and Universal owns the copyrights.

That is of course possible but I think your conclusion as to the time limitation of the CD [[which is about 80 minutes) the more likely explanation.

I'd love to get more of the Temptations and Edwin Starr material in proper expanded issues, but I guess that's not likely to happen anytime soon.

I did get the Vandellas CDs in this series, which are all excellent, as are the Gladys Knights. On the Vandellas "Natural Resources/Black Magic" it didn't bother me that "Something" was not repeated as it's the first song on the CD as I recall, and the mix wasn't any different on "Magic" than it was on "Resources." And of course if timing were to be considered, all the Vandellas CDs included some great bonus tracks which up until then hadn't been available on any LP, I believe, such as the "I Can't Dance" single. So I was thrilled to get the bonus material.

keith_hughes
03-30-2014, 05:24 PM
Worth noting that the the first twofer Martha CD includes a STEREO version of the "Come And Get These Memories" LP, not released at the time. This features a version of "I'll Have To Let Him Go" which differs from the single version, and starts off with lyrics that match the title, i.e. "I'll have to let him go" rather than "I've got to let him go". The stereo has way too much reverb for my taste [[for what that's worth!).

Got your mail, Calvin, and thanks - I will make the necessary adjustments for the next edition of DFTMC.

kenneth
03-30-2014, 05:34 PM
Worth noting that the the first twofer Martha CD includes a STEREO version of the "Come And Get These Memories" LP, not released at the time. This features a version of "I'll Have To Let Him Go" which differs from the single version, and starts off with lyrics that match the title, i.e. "I'll have to let him go" rather than "I've got to let him go". The stereo has way too much reverb for my taste [[for what that's worth!).

You know, I don't think I even realized that unless it states it in the booklet. Good to know. I will be listening to that again soon. I play that one the least of them all because to me the "Heat Wave" album is a pretty dull affair, but I like the "Memories" album. It's so innocent and earnest, kind of like the first Marvelettes LP.

reese
03-30-2014, 05:37 PM
On the Vandellas' NATURAL RESOURCES / BLACK MAGIC two-fer, I WANT YOU BACK is a bit longer than the version on the album.

Also, I think some of the versions on the latest Pips two-fers might differ slightly from the versions on the album. I know that the first note on SUGAR SUGAR is a bit longer on the cd than it was on the album.

Motown4Ever518
03-30-2014, 05:38 PM
I haven't wished for a SR+TM set after Four in Blue in a while, this would be perfect, to go the 2 for 1 route up to the time that ESAR left the group.

mysterysinger
03-30-2014, 06:43 PM
A full list I think [[Gladys Knight came later)
Marvin Gaye's "Here My Dear" and "In Our Lifetime" is actually on 2 CDs [[2 on 2)

FOUR TOPS
013 359-2 Four Tops Second Album
013 360-2 On Top Reach Out
013 361-2 Yesterday’s Dreams Soul Spin
013 362-2 Still Waters Run Deep Changing Times
MARVIN GAYE
013 184-2 That Stubborn Kinda Fellow How Sweet It Is
013 185-2 Moods Of Marvin Gaye In The Groove
013 187-2 MPG That’s The Way Love Is
013 216-2 Here My Dear In Our Lifetime
013 309-2 Together [[Mary Wells) Take Two [[Kim Weston)
MARVIN GAYE & TAMMI TERRELL
013 217-2 United You’re All I Need
ISLEY BROTHERS
017 190-2 This Old Heart Of Mine Soul On The Rocks
JACKSON 5
159 512-2 Diana Ross Presents ABC
159 513-2 Third Album Maybe Tomorrow
MARTHA REEVES & THE VANDELLAS
016 835-2 Come & Get These Memories Heat Wave
016 836-2 Dance Party Watchout
016 837-2 Ridin’ High Sugar ‘n’ Spice
016 838-2 Natural Resources Black Magic
SMOKEY ROBINSON & THE MIRACLES
013 358-2 Going To A Go Go Away We A Go Go
013 183-2 Make It Happen Special Occasion
013 186-2 Time Out Four In Blue
DIANA ROSS & THE SUPREMES
159 509-2 Where Did Our Love Go? I Hear A Symphony
159 589-2 More Hits Sing Holland Dozier Holland
159 508-2 Love Child Supremes A Go Go
159 618-2 A Bit Of Liverpool TCB [[Temptations)
159 588-2 Let The Sunshine In Cream Of The Crop
DIANA ROSS & THE SUPREMES & TEMPTATIONS
159 507-2 Join The Temptations Together
EDWIN STARR
016 834-2 War & Peace Involved
016 839-2 Soul Master 25 Miles
TEMPTATIONS
159 443-2 Meet The Temptations Sing Smokey
159 444-2 Live At The Copa With A Lot O’Soul
159 445-2 Psychedelic Shack All Directions
159 446-2 Cloud Nine Puzzle People
159 510-2 A Song For You Masterpiece
159 511-2 Wish It Would Rain In A Mellow Mood
JR WALKER & THE ALL STARS
017 080-2 Shotgun Soul Session
017 081-2 Road Runner Home Cookin’

kenneth
03-30-2014, 06:51 PM
Wow! The Isleys! Would love to have that one. "Soul on the Rocks" is a great underrated album in my opinion.

mysterysinger
03-30-2014, 07:09 PM
The Isley's 2 on 1 also has 3 bonus tracks:

Take Me In Your Arms [[Rock Me A Little While)
All Because I Love You
My Love Is Your Love [[Forever)

bradburger
03-30-2014, 07:46 PM
I think the reason that some of the tracks are missing from some of the two-fers is that the early releases of these sets used the 80's CD masters, which I recall were 'chopped' up for time reasons due to the early CD technology.

[[I think all of the Temps & Supremes were the first of these UK Two-fers, and used these masters).

It seems however that later on, HW & crew decided to remaster the L.Ps using the original Stereo L.P Masters, along wth the inclusion of bonus tracks.

I didn't notice however that some of the songs on the newly remastered two-fers left off some tracks, but I suppose if they were duplicates and the same mixes, then it would make sense to do so.

As for the bonus tracks, it's interesting that my copy of 'Away We A Go-Go/Make It Happen does not include the bonus tracks [[despite being newly mastered), but I see some issues did!

Still kicking myself for not picking up the Marvin two-fers, and of course Edwin Starr's, although I did get the latter as an MP3 album from amazon. :)

Cheers

Paul

Nothing But Soul
03-30-2014, 07:49 PM
Wow! The Isleys! Would love to have that one. "Soul on the Rocks" is a great underrated album in my opinion.

Like many of the "2 on 1" Motown reissues, "This Old Heart of Mine/Soul on The Rocks" is out of print and going for big bucks. There are two amazon.com marketplace sellers offering new copies of it for sale. One wants $199.98 and the other wants a totally unbelievable $1,087. A much better deal is the Isleys' 2009 "Motown Anthology", which you can still find for $10 or less. It has all of the music that is on the 2004 two-fer, plus a whole lot more. On the "Motown Anthology", the Isley Brothers' two Tamla albums are presented in order and in the proper track sequence, plus there is another disc's worth of additional material.

Roger Polhill
03-30-2014, 08:46 PM
I get the impression that of this series only the Miracles, Supremes, Jackson5, Four Tops Marvin Gaye and Temptations sets did not have bonus tracks.

kenneth
03-30-2014, 09:02 PM
Like many of the "2 on 1" Motown reissues, "This Old Heart of Mine/Soul on The Rocks" is out of print and going for big bucks. There are two amazon.com marketplace sellers offering new copies of it for sale. One wants $199.98 and the other wants a totally unbelievable $1,087. A much better deal is the Isleys' 2009 "Motown Anthology", which you can still find for $10 or less. It has all of the music that is on the 2004 two-fer, plus a whole lot more. On the "Motown Anthology", the Isley Brothers' two Tamla albums are presented in order and in the proper track sequence, plus there is another disc's worth of additional material.

Ah, I didn't realize they had an Anthology! Thanks for letting me know!

03-31-2014, 02:26 AM
I think the reason that some of the tracks are missing from some of the two-fers is that the early releases of these sets used the 80's CD masters, which I recall were 'chopped' up for time reasons due to the early CD technology.
Oh good point. Early CDs could only hold up to 74 minutes of music. Later on, they got them up to 80 minutes.

honest man
03-31-2014, 10:30 AM
I get the impression that of this series only the Miracles, Supremes, Jackson5, Four Tops Marvin Gaye and Temptations sets did not have bonus tracks. Roger as i stated further up The Miracles GOGO CD had 3 bonus tracks 1 song i seem to remember was unissued Going out of my head,cheers mate.

Nothing But Soul
03-31-2014, 11:31 AM
In case there is any cofusion as to bonus tracks where "Going to a Go Go/Away We A Go Go" is concerned, there were in fact two different versions of this reissue--a UK version and a US version. The UK version, issued in 2001, was titled "Going to a Go-Go & Away We a Go-Go" and contained no bonus tracks. The US version, issued in 2002, was titled "Going to a Go-Go/Away We a Go-Go" [[note the slash instead of the ampersand) and contained three bonus tracks. The previously unissued bonus tracks were a stereo mix of "It's Fantastic," an "Away We Go-Go" outtake of "Goin' Out of My Head," and a 1966 live rendition of "A Fork in the Road."

carole cucumber
03-31-2014, 04:00 PM
Ah, I didn't realize they had an Anthology! Thanks for letting me know!

Please be advised that the that on the 2009 U.K. Anthology, the 2 Isley Brothers albums are from the original mono lp masters while the 2-fers were stereo.

carole cucumber
03-31-2014, 04:10 PM
I think the reason that some of the tracks are missing from some of the two-fers is that the early releases of these sets used the 80's CD masters, which I recall were 'chopped' up for time reasons due to the early CD technology....

A second reason was revealed after the second wave of 2-fers in the U.S. Many were rush jobs, so as to get the product out on the market.
Jay Lasker, who was then president of Motown Records, was instrumental in making these catalogue albums available to the public. When Berry Gordy became fully aware of the release of 2 on 1's, he is said to have insisted that they be divided and re-issued as single cd's.

calvin
03-31-2014, 05:52 PM
Please be advised that the that on the 2009 U.K. Anthology, the 2 Isley Brothers albums are from the original mono lp masters while the 2-fers were stereo.

Yes, it's better to have both! I just put them on, and already in the opening of the first track, "Nowhere to Run", the stereo mix features an organ that begins just before the vocals. It isn't there in the mono mix.

mysterysinger
03-31-2014, 06:39 PM
Anthology https://www.flickr.com/photos/7600438@N08/4305093794/in/photolist-7yqJp5-7Vqi4z-7UnwBm-7QPXdh-9SxmH3-acZijM-9R16No-iPDz4r-iRGzFT-fxzqZa-9R13ow-gHvFuJ-ad379m-dKvQhm-9QXe9H-k2c4gn-aE66b4-aGviiF-fyRicc-hqmE8W-fx1QhK-9LB2wy-fxPHRG-k2xynv-dXPFYw
3746351282 THIS OLD HEART OF MINE https://www.flickr.com/photos/7600438@N08/10315118966/in/photolist-gHvFuJ-ad379m-dKvQhm-9QXe9H-k2c4gn-aE66b4-aGviiF-fyRicc-hqmE8W-fx1QhK-9LB2wy-fxPHRG-k2xynv-dXPFYw
3746352352 SOUL ON THE ROCKS
https://www.flickr.com/photos/7600438@N08/5805370482/in/photolist-9R13ow-gHvFuJ-ad379m-dKvQhm-9QXe9H-k2c4gn-aE66b4-aGviiF-fyRicc-hqmE8W-fx1QhK-9LB2wy-fxPHRG-k2xynv-dXPFYw
TCD08056TD ORIGINAL 2 ON 1
https://www.flickr.com/photos/7600438@N08/8368711212/in/photolist-dKvQhm-9QXe9H-k2c4gn-aE66b4-aGviiF-fyRicc-hqmE8W-fx1QhK-9LB2wy-fxPHRG-k2xynv-dXPFYw
017190-2 2001 2 ON 1
https://www.flickr.com/photos/7600438@N08/5804821349/in/photolist-9QXe9H-k2c4gn-aE66b4-aGviiF-fyRicc-hqmE8W-fx1QhK-9LB2wy-fxPHRG-k2xynv-dXPFYw
A SELECTION
https://www.flickr.com/search/?w=7600438@N08&q=isley

carole cucumber
03-31-2014, 06:45 PM

Like Calvin, I decided to give the anthology another spin. I therefore must offer the following corrections:
In stereo; Disc 1
Track 3 - This Old Heart Of Mine [[Is Weak For You)
Track 11- There's No Love Left
Track 12- Seek And You Shall Find

bradburger
03-31-2014, 07:50 PM
In case there is any cofusion as to bonus tracks where "Going to a Go Go/Away We A Go Go" is concerned, there were in fact two different versions of this reissue--a UK version and a US version.

Ah yes, thanks for that NBS.

Did some checking last night and indeed, the US version had the bonus tracks! [[It's still available on Amazon UK [[http://www.amazon.co.uk/GOING-GO-AWAY-WE/dp/B008H7HVQE/ref=sr_1_2?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1396310193&sr=1-2&keywords=Going+To+A+Go+Go%2FAway+We+A+Go+Go), and cheaper than the OOP UK version!)

I think the confusion came from the fact that it was issued a year later, but also available in the UK as too.

Checking my original post, I note I made the mistake of thinking 'Away We A Go-Go' was issued with 'Make It Happen', but that of course was issued with 'Special Occasion'!

Carol,

Good point about Jay Lasker and the original US two-fers. I also seem to recall Berry Gordy wasn't too happy at the way they were marketed, mostly in 'bargain' bins as 'bargain' at reduced prices.

Like Calvin, I decided to give the anthology another spin. I therefore must offer the following corrections:
In stereo; Disc 1
Track 3 - This Old Heart Of Mine [[Is Weak For You)
Track 11- There's No Love Left
Track 12- Seek And You Shall Find

Yes, clearly they just folded down the stereo mixes for the Mono L.P.

I seem to recall on the old SD forum when the CD first came out, this was queried by some. It was said the same happened when Universal UK received the digital transfer of the 'This Old Heart Of Mine' L.P and contacted the New York office. They rechecked the original Mono L.P Master, and that's how it was!

I always thought the 45 Mix of TOHOM [[that was mixed by Brian Holland), was a proper mono mix, and was surprised to find out it was actually not!

So clearly, using a fold down for a 45 was something that happened a lot earlier than most thought! [[it became a common practice from about 1968 onwards).

Cheers

Paul

carole cucumber
03-31-2014, 08:44 PM
[QUOTE=bradburger;220247]Ah yes, thanks for that NBS.

Did some checking last night and indeed, the US version had the bonus tracks! [[It's still available on Amazon UK [[http://www.amazon.co.uk/GOING-GO-AWAY-WE/dp/B008H7HVQE/ref=sr_1_2?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1396310193&sr=1-2&keywords=Going+To+A+Go+Go%2FAway+We+A+Go+Go), and cheaper than the OOP UK version!)
I think the confusion came from the fact that it was issued a year later, but also available in the UK as too.[Quote]

The U.S. version with bonus tracks was 1 of 4 releases which introduced 'The Motown Classic Albums Remastered & Revisited' Series in late March 2002. The other 3 were "Diana Ross"- her solo debut +bonus tracks , "Commodores Live!"- first time on cd in U.S., and Supremes "The Supremes Sing Rodgers & Hart: The Complete Collection- restoring original lp mixes + bonus tracks.
Others in the series: Rick James- "Street Songs" and Teena Marie- "It Must Be Love'; Lionel Richie- "Lionel Richie" [[solo debut) & "Dancing On The Ceiling" ; Leon Ware- "Musical Massage" .

Roger Polhill
03-31-2014, 08:53 PM
I get the impression that of this series only the Miracles, Supremes, Jackson5, Four Tops Marvin Gaye and Temptations sets did not have bonus tracks. Roger as i stated further up The Miracles GOGO CD had 3 bonus tracks 1 song i seem to remember was unissued Going out of my head,cheers mate.
Thanks Andy, Do you mean the one with the cardboard over sleeve or the US issue with the reversible booklet?

MrTopCat
04-01-2014, 02:58 PM
Excuse my lack of knowledge, but I'd like to ask if those releases are 2 jewel cases with covers and everything for each album with a cardboard holding them or a single jewel case with 2 CD's inside.

Thanks in advance.

mysterysinger
04-01-2014, 04:34 PM
These releases are 2 albums on 1 CD except for Marvin Gaye's "Here My Dear" & "In Our Lifetime" which spans 2 CDs. However, the special jewel case has double opening [[front and back). Artwork is very close to the original albums except for logos generally, and front and backs are faithfully reproduced for both albums that are on the CD. There is also an informative little booklet with each 2 on 1 CD and an outer slip case housing the jewel case. They are nicely packaged and you can see a little more here.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/cookephotography/sets/72157626901923108/

Incidentally, the artwork is for the UK album covers mainly so "Take Two" and "Dance Party" use the nice UK photo covers. However, "The Supremes Sing Holland Dozier Holland" is the US cover with no attempt to make it "The Supremes Sing Motown".