View Full Version : Tammi Terrell - All I Do Is Think About You

test

midnightman
11-01-2010, 08:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqbvX_sYoN0&feature=related

Kamasu_Jr
11-01-2010, 08:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqbvX_sYoN0&feature=related

This was one of the few gems on Cellarful Of Motown 1 that stunned me. I wondered how it could have been left vaulted for so long? Tammi owns it. Her phrasing is perfect. I have Brenda Holloway's version, and frankly, she should have left it alone. It's Tammi's.

sophisticated_soul
11-01-2010, 10:00 PM
My reaction was the same. How could they have left this song in the vault? It's a great song and a great performance. Princeton Professor Daphne Brooks had this to say about "All I Do Is Think About You" in the forward of the new Tammi set: "Terrell's rendition is about as lush, silky and seductive as she would ever sound. Her phrasing anticipates what would later become [[Stevie) Wonder's own trademark sly and fluidly playful style of singing; her rapturous gift for creating an aura of romance within a tune is on display here as well". Stevie co-authored the song with producer Clarence Paul. The song never sounds like an oldie to me. It sounds very contemporary, in a timeless way. It's one my all time faves.

JimBagley
11-01-2010, 10:11 PM
Timeless is an excellent word to describe this track.

positivesoul
11-02-2010, 01:10 AM
I believe Tammi would have equaled Aretha in Soul music history. She was so musical.

Motown4Ever518
11-02-2010, 09:01 AM
I happened to be listening to Cellarful of Motown Volume I yesterday in the car and played it about 7-8 times in a row. My thought is that at the time she was still relatively new to the company and very optimistic about her success in the future, there is an upbeat confident, yet sweet essence to the vocal that due to circumstances may have been abset from her latter vocals.

144man
11-02-2010, 09:26 AM
It was probably left in the vaults because it was so ahead of its time. Unbelievable.

carlo
11-04-2010, 11:16 AM
I forgot how awesome this song is. I was listening to sound clips from the Tammi Terrell set and I nearly jumped off my chair! I remember listening to this song over and over on Cellarful Vol. 1 a couple of years back...and then I forgot about it. I love when I re-discover a song that I love. lol.

arrr&bee
11-04-2010, 03:50 PM
What a terrific song,very nice one from tammi!

Kamasu_Jr
11-04-2010, 06:19 PM
l
What a terrific song,very nice one from tammi!

To fully appreciate the beauty of this song you've gotta hear the mix on Come On & See Me.

rovereab
11-04-2010, 06:56 PM
l

To fully appreciate the beauty of this song you've gotta hear the mix on Come On & See Me.

Is the mix the stereo version [[as we already have the mono version onCM1)?

sophisticated_soul
11-04-2010, 07:16 PM
Is the mix the stereo version [[as we already have the mono version onCM1)?

No, it's also mono. HW said it can not be made into stereo because of the way it was recorded:-[[