PDA

View Full Version : Remembering Bobbie Smith of the Spinners. d. March 16, 2013

test

marv2
03-16-2014, 07:05 PM
Smith was the group's original lead singer and the voice on their first hit "That's What Girls Are Made For." Also called the "Detroit Spinners," the group earned nearly a dozen gold records and half a dozen Grammy Award nominations. The group's biggest hits in the 1970s included: "I'll Be Around," ''Could It Be I'm Falling in Love" and "Games People Play."

He was the smoothest of the smooth.............

edafan
03-17-2014, 10:53 AM
He is a great one

edafan

mr_june
03-21-2014, 10:53 AM
Are there any original members left?

radionixon
03-21-2014, 11:41 AM
Smith was the group's original lead singer and the voice on their first hit "That's What Girls Are Made For." Also called the "Detroit Spinners," the group earned nearly a dozen gold records and half a dozen Grammy Award nominations. The group's biggest hits in the 1970s included: "I'll Be Around," ''Could It Be I'm Falling in Love" and "Games People Play."

He was the smoothest of the smooth.............

I missed this thread originally. It doesn't seem like a year.

He's got to be among both the best, and the least appreciated, of the truly great Motown vocalists.

midnightman
03-21-2014, 08:03 PM
Are there any original members left?

Henry Fambrough is the only one if my memory banks are correct. I think most of the originals are deceased now.

soulwally
03-28-2014, 06:54 PM
Yes all gone apart from henry, inc none original philippe wynn of course, and john edwards, retired thru ill health. Henry still performs with the current day group of course.

marv2
03-28-2014, 07:14 PM
Yes all gone apart from henry, inc none original philippe wynn of course, and john edwards, retired thru ill health. Henry still performs with the current day group of course.

I can believe they are all but gone. All the fun we had at their concerts and with their music down through the years.........