PDA

View Full Version : Scherrie and Susaye

test

longtimefan
03-13-2014, 03:04 PM
If you were going to create a playlist of your favorite tracks that feature either Scherrie Payne or Susaye Greene OTHER THAN THOSE TRACKS ON "PARTNERS," what tracks would you include [[from any era of their work)?

roger
03-13-2014, 04:09 PM
I'd start with this track, fronted by SHERRIE PAYNE .... :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emTdmejcyFA
Roger

markdtiller
03-13-2014, 06:29 PM
"Fly" [['77) Motown is my favourite Scherrie solo track
"Children Of The Ghetto" [['86) w/Courtney Pine is my favourite Susaye.

longtimefan
03-13-2014, 07:58 PM
I am going to add to my own post! :-)

Scherrie: If I Love Again
Susaye: Back When We Were Young

I know SDF fans have other faves!

marv2
03-13-2014, 07:58 PM
"Sweet Dream Machine" [[for both of them)
"Until It's Time for You to Go" [[Susaye Greene)
"Come Into My Life" [[Susaye Greene)
"Bali Hai" [[Susaye Greene)
"Stop, I Need You Now" [[Susaye Greene)
"We Should Be Closer Together" [[Susaye Greene w/Mary Wilson)

"I'm Gonna Let My Heart Do the Walking" [[Scherrie Payne)
"Where Do I Go From Here " [[Scherrie Payne)
"You're My Driving Wheel" [[Scherrie Payne)
"I'm Not In Love" [[Scherrie Payne)
"He's My Man" [[Scherrie Payne with Mary Wilson)

smark21
03-13-2014, 08:30 PM
Susaye "High Energy" and "Children of the Ghetto"

Scherrie: "When I Looked at your Face" "Color My World Blue" "You Keep Me Movin' On"

Ryon6
03-13-2014, 11:32 PM
Scherrie: "Another Life From Now", "I'm Not In Love", "One Night Only"

Susaye: "Until It's Time For You To Go", "I'm Still Waiting" [[w/ Courtney Pine)

markdtiller
03-14-2014, 04:26 PM
Scherrie: "Another Life From Now", "I'm Not In Love", "One Night Only"

Susaye: "Until It's Time For You To Go", "I'm Still Waiting" [[w/ Courtney Pine)

Courtney Pine's "I'm Still Waiting" is with Carroll Thompson not Susaye.

longtimefan
03-14-2014, 04:40 PM
Are any other NEW BIRTH tracks fronted by Susaye? "It's Impossible??"

markdtiller
03-14-2014, 04:50 PM
Only "Until It's Time For You To Go" and "I'd Spend My Whole Life Loving You" I believe. She may be on backing on other tracks, I'm not sure.

johnny_raven
03-14-2014, 06:01 PM
"I'd Spend My Whole Life Loving You" was Londee Loren [[who sounds a lot like Susaye). Susaye just did the one track for New Birth.

markdtiller
03-14-2014, 06:26 PM
Really! Well now I know. Thanks!

markdtiller
03-15-2014, 10:38 AM
Susaye also sang lead on a couple of other Raeletts songs: You Have A Way With Me" and "After Loving You". Obviously she was with the group for a while and is featued on several live performances but does anybody know if she is on baking vocals of the other Raeletts recordings? The groups only album was "Yesterday Today and Tomorrow" plus there were a few non-album singles.

tamlaUK
03-15-2014, 11:02 AM
If you were going to create a playlist of your favorite tracks that feature either Scherrie Payne or Susaye Greene OTHER THAN THOSE TRACKS ON "PARTNERS," what tracks would you include [[from any era of their work)?

Scherrie Payne: When I Looked At Your Face; Pure Energy, Let It Flow; It's All Been Said Before; Fly; Don't Rock My World; One Time In Our Lives. Susaye Greene: Until It's Time For You To Go; After Loving You; Children Of The Ghetto; In Your Arms; Laugh Til You Cry; You Have A Way With Me; It's Impossible

longtimefan
03-15-2014, 01:05 PM
TamlaUK,

I am not familiar with Scherrie's ONE TIME IN OUR LIVES. Where might I find this track?

Thanks!

tamlaUK
03-16-2014, 08:23 AM
TamlaUK,

I am not familiar with Scherrie's ONE TIME IN OUR LIVES. Where might I find this track?

Thanks!
It's from Scherrie's musical 'Ten Good Years'

longtimefan
03-16-2014, 09:20 AM
It's from Scherrie's musical 'Ten Good Years'

Thanks! I assume it's never been released, however [[?).

kenneth
03-16-2014, 05:25 PM
Susaye also sang lead on a couple of other Raeletts songs: You Have A Way With Me" and "After Loving You". Obviously she was with the group for a while and is featued on several live performances but does anybody know if she is on baking vocals of the other Raeletts recordings? The groups only album was "Yesterday Today and Tomorrow" plus there were a few non-album singles.

They were also on an unusual album which had one side by Ike & Tina Turner and one side by the Raeletts. I don't remember what it's called - it may have been called "Souled Out" - and I think it's on an odd record label called Tangerine Records. I have it, but didn't play it except for a few times. I'll have to get it out and listen to it again.

I found this copy of it on Ebay, but for some odd reason they have an Esther Phillips LP picture at the top of the listing. But if you scroll down, you'll see the LP I'm referring to.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RAELETTS-Souled-Out-rare-soul-vinyl-LP-/350583190370?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item51a062f362