PDA

View Full Version : Jimi hendrix biopic soon to be released starring andre 3000

test

glencro
03-09-2014, 06:06 AM
http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=855750&ocid=ansent11 Unfortunately because Hendrix' estate did not approve the movie, it will not feature Hendrix' music

splanky
03-09-2014, 08:06 AM
When I first heard that Andre was being tapped to play Jimi Hendrix I couldn't have been happier. I thought: perfect fit, the guy is almost as eclectic as Jimi was and dude even looks
like him. It didn't even bother me that Andre to my knowledge, doesn't play guitar. Fast forward to now, if the film won't include Hendrix's music what the funk is the point? Two,
after reading it's plot I can kinda see some reasons why the estate may not have approved it.
Let's face it, Jimi balled a number of women. This film seems to want to spin it so that
his creative output centered around one particular girl?...Someone did a Hendrix biopic years ago that I thought was absolutely horrible. This may rival that. Sorry, Andre, I dig you,
man and know how much you love that you were picked to play Jimi but I'm not feeling this
at all...

Jerry Oz
03-09-2014, 06:00 PM
Not using his music? I'll save my loot...

daddyacey
03-09-2014, 11:40 PM
Seems like all the attempts at making biopics of major artists are always stalled at the legal approval of the music of the artist by the estates or the entities that hold ownership to the music. Maybe a "KEN BURNS" type quality document with actual footage of the subject artist along with credibile comments and stories from people who were involved with the subject would be less of a hassle to produce. There are too many artists history that need to be documented without a screen writers embelishment ,just to sensationalize and add fiction just to sell tickets.

juicefree20
03-21-2014, 03:11 AM
And it's a shame because I can see Andre pulling this off & doing one hell of a job with the role.

I believe that there are many similarities between Andre & Jimi, especially that fact that they both approached their music in what could be considered by many as unorthodox. Jimi who began as an R&B cat playing Blues & Rock & Andre being far from your prototypical rapper.

I think that he'd be believable in this [[guitar pyrotechnics aside), as I believe that he can relate to that feeling of being "different" that Jimi had to contend with.

soulster
03-21-2014, 03:29 AM
No music? No ticket sale from me.

juicefree20
03-21-2014, 05:25 AM
Soulster, I can understand that. While I believe that his life was definitely interesting, everyone's going to want to hear the music.

No music would be like going to an ice cream parlor, only to have them serve you whipped cream with a spoon.