PDA

View Full Version : La La Brooks calls out and reads Darlene Love

test

smark21
03-03-2014, 09:04 PM
Wow! I agree. Darlene is a lying, sanctimonious, showboater as she proved last night at the Oscars.

From La La's Facebook page:

Hi Facebook Family,
Sorry I didn't get to you guys last night, but I was doing a show at the Kirby Center in Wilkes-Barre and then today I had a photo shoot.
I want to thank Rachelle Spector so much for posting the truth about the song which I recorded. I'm so grateful for Phil giving her the right information about this.

It is so sad when you forget from where you came. If it weren't for Phil having given me "Da Doo Ron Ron" and "Then He Kissed Me," I wouldn't be working today. There is no way that I could ever say that Phil treated me badly when I was in the studio working with him. The disrespect that he has gotten from Darlene is so sad. I remember that Darlene had mentioned that Phil had paid her rent for a year when she was down and out. I can also recall that in the recording studio, Phil respected Darlene and The Blossoms so much. I also respected everyone who worked in that studio with him.

If I ever made mistakes while recording "Da Doo Ron Ron" or any of my other songs, Phil would come out and just explain to me how I should sing it. He never raised his voice and was never harsh with me. I saw firsthand when The Blossoms were putting down background vocals on another song, that Phil patiently explained to them how he wanted the song to go. I remember Darlene being more aggressive when Phil explained things to her. She used her big mouth to overshadow the other girls. I was just a teenager at the time, and watched quietly.
One of the Blossoms, Fanita James, was always overpowered by Darlene's attitude.

I am aware that the film "20 Feet From Stardom" won the Oscar for Best Documentary and that Darlene tried to use her power again by blaring out a song during what was supposed to have been an acceptance speech, again showing her ignorance as she tried to be seen and heard.

I repeat again that Darlene would be nothing today if it weren't for her having recorded "He's A Rebel" under The Crystals' name. But she wasn't satisfied with the success of "He's A Rebel" so she then claimed credit for "Da Doo Ron Ron." She's pathetic. The people who acknowledge and speak about God should know that Darlene is a hypocrite. Everything that comes from Darlene's mouth is not always from God; it's from the Devil.

Let me tell you this true story. I was doing a benefit show with Darlene and Debbie Gibson in the early 2000's. It was a Motown theme so everyone had to sing a Martha & The Vandellas song. When we finished and were in the dressing room, a young female co-producer came into the room. She requested a match, as she wanted to smoke a cigarette in the outside alley. Darlene verbally jumped on her, saying that the guys in the adjoining dressing room were smoking. So this young co-producer said, "I didn't know that, Darlene." Darlene loudly said, "You should know that."

As Darlene's voice got louder, correcting the woman, she said, gently,"Darlene, do you know who I am?" She was trying to explain that she was the co-producer in a nice way. When she said that, it was as if the walls shook.
"Do I know who you are?," Darlene exclaimed, "Do you know who the fxxx I am?"
The woman tried to quiet her down.
"That's why I don't like doing these fxxxxxx benefits," she continued.

As the words from Darlene's mouth got worse and more intense, the woman walked out of the room. Darlene kept on going for about a half an hour longer. She got herself a bottle of wine and began drinking. She continued to go on and on, cussing about the woman. Debbie and I just kept quiet.

Some time passed and the co-producer re-entered the room. Darlene was sitting in her chair. The woman leaned over to her and said that she apologized. Although she wasn't wrong in the least, she just wanted the show to go smoothly for the rest of the way. Darlene accepted in a harsh tone, "Yeah, I accept it." Then the lady left completely, never to return.

Debbie Gibson's mother was outside of the dressing room the entire time and didn't know what had happened. When she did come into the room, Darlene asked if she knew what had happened. She said, "No," and then Darlene explained the whole story to her.
"Do you know what that Bxxxx just did? She got on her knees and asked me to forgive her." That was a lie; the woman had never gotten on her knees; she had just kneeled beside her so that she could be at Darlene's level when she was apologizing.

At the end of the show, Darlene just packed her bags and left through the back door. "I don't want to sign any fxxxxxx autographs."

Trust me, this is a true story. Darlene is mean and she is evil and she will undermine anyone for her own success.

Love,

La La

antceleb12
03-03-2014, 09:48 PM
1) To throw out the C word is tactless. I don't care what you think you know about someone, to use a word like that is low-class. There are better words to chose than that one.
2) La La talks about people just as bad as she accuses other people of doing, and she, too, is a victim of time, ego, and bias.
3) La La's word is just as good as Darlene's. Shoot, if she is so up-in-arms about Darlene, why doesn't she write a book, rather than posting on Facebook?
4) Darlene has said PLENTY good things about Phil. She's mentioned how she wouldn't be where she was without Phil countless times. La La needs to get her facts straight, too.
5) The way La La demeans Darlene's career is astoundingly arrogant. Frankly, "He's a Rebel" was merely a cog in the machine that is her career. She had been doing successful background work before and after "Rebel." To say she would have been nothing without the Crystals is nothing if not bitter-filled bias.
6) That story she tells about Darlene sounds like it came straight out of the Enquirer. I feel like that story has been colored with emotions and her dislike for Darlene.

Darlene has never said anything as callous as La La has about Darlene. I like La La and I think she puts on a great show, but she sounds like a high schooler with all that drama - trying to get everyone to dislike Darlene. I don't know Darlene, and I don't know La La. Whatever problem she has with Darlene needs to be dealt with privately - not out in the open like some Enquire-esque celebrity scandal.

If you have a problem with Darlene, that is your business. But coming out here and calling her the big C is inappropriate. Do you know Darlene personally? Do you know La La personally? Why are you making it your mission to crucify Darlene?

This whole thing with Darlene and La La is their business. La La is doing what so many people criticize Mary Wilson for doing - playing the "boo-hoo" victim, acting like everything is her fault and creating a monster out of someone that probably isn't.

rrussi
03-03-2014, 11:10 PM
The problem is that Darlene has claimed for years that she is lead singer on the Crystals' "Da Doo Ron Ron", which is La La. However, Darlene did admit on CBS This Morning about two weeks ago that she is not the vocalist on the hit record, but she just likes singing it, which she does perform it in her show.

e

jillfoster
03-03-2014, 11:13 PM
The problem is that Darlene has claimed for years that she is lead singer on the Crystals' "Da Doo Ron Ron", which is La La. However, Darlene did admit on CBS This Morning about two weeks ago that she is not the vocalist on the hit record, but she just likes singing it, which she does perform it in her show.

e

I've never seen her claim that. Can you show me where she has? Just because she said she recorded a song, doesn't mean she is saying she recorded the HIT VERSION of the song.

Lulu
03-03-2014, 11:36 PM
File all this under "who cares?" I'm sorry but I'm so tired of all these stories from these women slamming each other. None of it is very ladylike and if you're pushing 70 years old, act like a woman not a teenage girl.

rrussi
03-04-2014, 12:06 AM
She has been saying it for over30 years!!! I saw her interviewed on one of the morning shows a few months ago and she said"I sang the Crystals' He's A Rebel, He's Sure The
Boy I Love,and Da Doo Ron Ron", in addition to many other things she's done.

stephanie
03-04-2014, 01:09 AM
LaLa wants to keep her legacy and I understand that. I dont think she is lying about anything and again it is all interpretation of events. I love both of them as far as their talent and when I saw Darlene sing I was happy to hear her but I did think it was a bit much. When I saw this posting I went back and looked at some interviews Darlene did recently and a long time ago and she had nothing but GOOD things to say about Phil. She said had it not been for him she would not have the career she has had. The only thing she said about him [[which is true) that was of any detriment is that she told him one day those guns are going to get you in trouble and that it took seven years but she finally got paid when she sued him for back royalties. So I cant agree with LaLa disrespecting Phil. Heck the Ramones and all kinds of people who dealt with Phil had things to say about him and his ex wife Ronnie he is a strange character.

Roberta75
03-04-2014, 01:55 AM
File all this under "who cares?" I'm sorry but I'm so tired of all these stories from these women slamming each other. None of it is very ladylike and if you're pushing 70 years old, act like a woman not a teenage girl.

i have to agree lulu yes its real unladylike to be cussing in a public letter on facebook imo.

Yours, with every good wish.

roberta

jobeterob
03-04-2014, 02:08 AM
i have to agree lulu yes its real unladylike to be cussing in a public letter on facebook imo.

Yours, with every good wish.

roberta

One reaction to this is that it sounds like cheap trailer court trash.

rod_rick
03-04-2014, 02:09 AM
LaLa wants to keep her legacy and I understand that. I dont think she is lying about anything and again it is all interpretation of events. I love both of them as far as their talent and when I saw Darlene sing I was happy to hear her but I did think it was a bit much. When I saw this posting I went back and looked at some interviews Darlene did recently and a long time ago and she had nothing but GOOD things to say about Phil. She said had it not been for him she would not have the career she has had. The only thing she said about him [[which is true) that was of any detriment is that she told him one day those guns are going to get you in trouble and that it took seven years but she finally got paid when she sued him for back royalties. So I cant agree with LaLa disrespecting Phil. Heck the Ramones and all kinds of people who dealt with Phil had things to say about him and his ex wife Ronnie he is a strange character.

I feel sorry for La La. The funny thing is we've always known who Darlene Love is with La La Brooks being the lead singer of the Crystals we didn't know who she was or is. La La should let her talent speak for itself and quit being a bitter Betty or shall I say and Bitter Brooks. The movie was about background singer not vocal groups. Darlene was a background singer with an incredible voice. I believe that Darlene may have recored those songs and Fanita James has backed up a few f Darlene's claims, so La La need to move on. Congratulations to all the ladies from the movie 20 Feet from Stardom may you star shine brighter>

jobeterob
03-04-2014, 02:42 AM
Pity parties are not pretty or popular no matter who puts them on.

smark21
03-04-2014, 09:09 AM
I guess I'm team La La on this one. Darlene Love had a lot of gall, after years of lying, to get on the stage at the Oscars and start singing about God and portraying herself as some religious woman. Sheer hypocricy and shame free showboating. I do think La La's Facebook post is rather over the top at times--Darlene Love isn't evil, just a shameless self promoter. The gigs for these oldies acts from the 60s are drying up, though the movie certainly opened up new markets for those featured in the film. I wonder if there are plans for a 20 Feet from Stardom tour this summer? It would make sense. What is really sad and absurd for both Darlene and La La is that they are both women well into their 60s and they are still singing songs with teeny bopper lyrics--it may bring nostalgia for some audience members, but there is a certain absurd quality to seeing grown women sing teenybopper songs.

copley
03-04-2014, 10:33 AM
La-la-la-la-la-la-la not listening :[[

nysister
03-04-2014, 10:45 AM
I feel sorry for La La. The funny thing is we've always known who Darlene Love is with La La Brooks being the lead singer of the Crystals we didn't know who she was or is. La La should let her talent speak for itself and quit being a bitter Betty or shall I say and Bitter Brooks. The movie was about background singer not vocal groups. Darlene was a background singer with an incredible voice. I believe that Darlene may have recored those songs and Fanita James has backed up a few f Darlene's claims, so La La need to move on. Congratulations to all the ladies from the movie 20 Feet from Stardom may you star shine brighter>

Wow, I thought I was reading a facebook rant from Rihanna. Somebody please tell her this is not a good look. :[[

rrussi
03-04-2014, 11:56 AM
It should be let go as Darlene did admit on TV about two weeks ago that she is not the singer on "Da Doo Ron Ron". Hopefully, that's all La La needs to hear.

antceleb12
03-04-2014, 12:01 PM
It should be let go as Darlene did admit on TV about two weeks ago that she is not the singer on "Da Doo Ron Ron". Hopefully, that's all La La needs to hear.

Unfortunately, it won't be for La La's fans. I have seen some vile, crude things said about Darlene and to any dissenters who chose to voice their disagreement. It's Mary versus Diana all over again...

Jerry Oz
03-04-2014, 02:14 PM
...or two little kids in a sandbox fighting over a toy some other kid gave them both to share.

brother_love
03-04-2014, 04:17 PM
I've always have been a fan of Lala's but this has sure changed the way I feel about her. It makes no sense that a lady of her age should be so bitter at this point of her life. Get over it move on with your life and your talent cause in the long run you'll only hurt yourself. What you put out comes back to you and the price one has to pay is much to high.

If anything I really feel sorry for Lala. She never had any problems back in the day about going on TV to lipsync to what was really Darlene's voice.

I am truly happy for Darlene and all the ladies for all the blessings that God is sending their way. Good things come to those who wait, NO TIME FOR HATE.

marv2
03-04-2014, 06:43 PM
I hope all this does not cause Lala to return to Austria.

blueskies
03-04-2014, 06:48 PM
La La has a new CD out. I hope she puts her time and energy into promoting that and move on.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71FcOU-u3GL._SL1159_.jpg

soulballad
03-04-2014, 06:54 PM
Personally I say just let it go and let the truth speak for itself UNLESS someone is attacking you personally. I guess Lala could feel that she's being attacked, but anyone with an ear can hear the difference in voices. I guess problem is a lot of newer people don't know one from the other and this kind of thing causes confusion. Still I wouldn't post trash on anyone because there really is nothing to gain here. Both women are still Girl Group Icons!

jillfoster
03-05-2014, 03:03 AM
I've always have been a fan of Lala's but this has sure changed the way I feel about her. It makes no sense that a lady of her age should be so bitter at this point of her life. Get over it move on with your life and your talent cause in the long run you'll only hurt yourself. What you put out comes back to you and the price one has to pay is much to high.

If anything I really feel sorry for Lala. She never had any problems back in the day about going on TV to lipsync to what was really Darlene's voice.

I am truly happy for Darlene and all the ladies for all the blessings that God is sending their way. Good things come to those who wait, NO TIME FOR HATE.

you got that right... La La's poop don't smell like gardenia's either:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dQ219h4Wss

skooldem1
03-05-2014, 12:29 PM
Darlene sang "He's a rebel" and both parties agree about this fact, and speak on that. Why is it bad for La La to let everyone know that Darlene didn't sing "Da do run run"?

jillfoster
03-05-2014, 09:13 PM
Darlene sang "He's a rebel" and both parties agree about this fact, and speak on that. Why is it bad for La La to let everyone know that Darlene didn't sing "Da do run run"?

It's not bad for her to let everyone know, it's bad for her to act like a bitch while doing it.

rrussi
03-05-2014, 09:25 PM
You know, if you have collected Phil Spector recordings over the years, there was a song Darlene did in the early 60s with Phil that was never released called "Run Run Runaway", which sounds just like "Da Doo Ron Ron". With doing sooooo many songs, sessions, perhaps Darlene confused the two songs. However, I don't blame La La for wanting credit for what she did. They are both great, great talents and they both have big egos; if you don't then why are in show business? Everyone in music professionally does think they are good or why should anyone else. Again, let it go as Darlene has already stated it's not her and apparently Phil confirmed that she's not on lead or on background on "Da Doo Ron Ron".

Jerry Oz
03-05-2014, 10:06 PM
It's not bad for her to let everyone know, it's bad for her to act like a bitch while doing it.Acting like a bitch while calling someone else a bitch is ironic and unbecoming for an adult.

Roberta75
03-05-2014, 11:12 PM
Acting like a bitch while calling someone else a bitch is ironic and unbecoming for an adult.

its real unladylike imo.

Roberta

jillfoster
03-06-2014, 02:42 PM
Acting like a bitch while calling someone else a bitch is ironic and unbecoming for an adult.

I didn't say she WAS a bitch, I said she was acting like one. And I don't mean it's bad in general... but bad for her CAREER and IMAGE to act like that. i'm not a performer or public figure, so I don't give a shit what people think about me. But for her, it matters, because she's a public personality. Mrs. Powell needed to get a hold of her years ago.

Jerry Oz
03-06-2014, 03:42 PM
I know, jillfoster. And I didn't call her a bitch either. To be honest, that not a word I use to describe anyone since I was too young to know better [[teens).

brother_love
03-07-2014, 03:21 PM
http://blog.sfgate.com/thebigevent/2014/03/05/qa-darlene-love-exciting-and-new-returns-to-san-francisco/

mr_june
03-07-2014, 03:59 PM

I agree plus too much drama for me.

chemelr
03-16-2014, 11:29 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/darlene-love-rock-and-roll-hall-of-famer-on-20-feet-from-stardom/

Is this good enough for you? 2:16 mark.

chemelr
03-16-2014, 11:37 PM
If anything I really feel sorry for Darlene. She was forced to admit the truth on CBS's This Morning Show that it was NOT her voice on the DDRR. She lied for 30 years. Darlene has a steady record of lying about anything. Just as in court, once a witness tells a lie, the judge will instruct the jury that they can consider everything else that person says can be considered a lie. La La Brooks is a kind, truthful, humble and way more talented than Darlene ever thought to be. Darlene Love was turned down by Holland-Dozier-Holland and was with Gamble and Huff for a few weeks before they sold her contract back to Phil. MoTown and Philly didn't see any reason to work with Darlene Love. Darlene Love has said more bad things about Phil Spector than any other person. Sheesh you guys. This has nothing to do with hate; it is all about the truth. Darlene Love can't handle the truth.

chemelr
03-16-2014, 11:52 PM
I would feel damn bitter too if anyone tried to steal anything I owned. Darlene Love has had issues with Tina Turner, Sonny Bono, Ronnie Spector and others. Tina, Ronnie and others don't have any more interactions with Darlene. La La Brooks is not bitter. You just have to accept the fact the Darlene Love is not a truthful person. Twenty Feet From Stardom is historically inaccurate and is worthless as a documentary, and the Oscar for that is just as worthless. Even one of the co-stars of TFFS did not have a liking for Darlene Love. La La Brooks' management contacted Morgan Neville and informed him of the fact that Darlene Love did not sing the DDRR. Morgan Neville felt that Darlene Love had pulled one over on him and he was further upset as he had to pay for the rights for the DDRR. He wanted her to do a gospel song. Darlene Love chose to sing the DDRR. Morgan Neville called La La Brooks and apologized to her. It was too late to change the documentary. The reason Darlene Love had to state the truth on 17 Feb 2014 on CBS's This Morning was because of MY research that I provided to Darlene Love's publicist and lawyer. They didn't want any bad publicity before the Oscar and she was forced to tell the truth that it was not her voice on the DDRR and "those songs". I have been researching this for YEARS. La La Brooks - I have found evidence of one sort or another to back up what she says. Similarly, I have found MUCH evidence to dispute alot of what Darlene has to say.

you got that right... La La's poop smells like roses and Darlene's poop is equivalent to rat vomit.

jobeterob
03-17-2014, 01:31 AM
It's a dirty rough business with lots of uneducated, disadvantaged people right off the street in it.

Generally, in the end, what goes around comes around and you get what you give.

chemelr
03-22-2014, 10:55 AM

Fanita has had some senior moments.