PDA

View Full Version : R Dean Taylor in performance!

test

soulwally
02-26-2014, 04:47 PM
If anyone's seen the TopPop videos thread on the main forum, it led me to find
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvEU-f-SCucthis, R Dean miming [[lip-synching) on the Dutch TV show in 1972.

stephanie
02-26-2014, 05:37 PM
A great find I have never seen him perform before! I can put the face to the voice. Thanks so much this is why when I hear people say Im leaving SDF or dont have time for it we find more people who realize what a blessing it is to be here.

ralpht
02-26-2014, 05:48 PM
Dean is a monster talent and he hated performing. I think he was more comfortable as a writer and producer.

marv2
02-26-2014, 06:21 PM
This is a rare one and thank you! I use to think Dean was from Detroit, but he's from Toronto.........close enough! LOL!

gordy_hunk
02-26-2014, 06:49 PM
Thanks for finding this brilliant and rare footage. It's wonderful to see RDT perform this track.

It's hard to believe that RDT will be 75 years old in May.

He used to read / post on this forum a while ago, let's hope he's seen the post and video, and comments about it.

supremester
02-26-2014, 07:26 PM
He is one of my heroes. I love his unique chord structures and the emotion he brought to his productions through lyrics and technique.

honest man
02-27-2014, 06:59 AM
this is why when I hear people say Im leaving SDF or dont have time for it we find more people who realize what a blessing it is to be here. Great find,thank you.

jobeterob
02-27-2014, 01:10 PM
Thanks for finding it.

I always remember him either posting or responding to my question about Love Child saying after splitting the royalties a few ways, he wasn't getting much out of it. He put a quite different blush on things for me.