PDA

View Full Version : Remembering Florence Ballard...........

test

marv2
02-22-2014, 01:45 PM
You left us on a cold Sunday evening 38 years go, yet we remember you and your specialness........

Rest in peace Flo.

Marv

Roberta75
02-22-2014, 01:58 PM
Flo is now with her Heavenly Father and her sister Maxine and her mom lurlene. I know in my heart that Her beloved sisters Diane Ross and Mary Wilson and Barbara Martin and Cindy birdsong are thinking about Flo today as are all her fan.

Sing with the heavenly voices dearest Florence and know you still Supreme.

Fondly.

Roberta

R. Mark Desjardins
02-22-2014, 03:30 PM
I've heard it said that the good die young. So many of our loved ones died in the flower of youth. Maybe the only consolation is that they be forever remembered that way. RIP dear Florence.

woodward
02-22-2014, 04:44 PM
Just curious does anyone have any knowledge of how her twin daughters are doing these days? I never hear anything about them. I guess they aren't following in their mother's footsteps. I had the great honor of attending an exhibition years ago in Washington DC that the twins were guests of honor. They were flown in from Detroit where they are still living as far as I know.

nabob
02-22-2014, 08:06 PM
Flo is now with her Heavenly Father and her sister Maxine and her mom lurlene. I know in my heart that Her beloved sisters Diane Ross and Mary Wilson and Barbara Martin and Cindy birdsong are thinking about Flo today as are all her fan.

Sing with the heavenly voices dearest Florence and know you still Supreme.

Fondly.

RobertaWe can thank Carlo for this photograph where he is seen behind Mary.

blueskies
02-22-2014, 10:11 PM
We can thank Carlo for this photograph where he is seen behind Mary.

Carlo who?

nabob
02-23-2014, 02:17 AM
Carlo who?Carlo is a "youngster" from Toronto who used to be an avid contributor in the forum. He also operates a Supremes fan site.

jobeterob
02-23-2014, 04:14 AM
Carlo is a "youngster" from Toronto who used to be an avid contributor in the forum. He also operates a Supremes fan site.

But that surely is not him behind Mary Wilson in the picture!

franjoy56
02-23-2014, 01:28 PM
I cannot believe I did not post remembrance on the passing of a woman whose voice I loved hearing as a member of t supremes. When my sister took me to the red hook projcts to hear the supremes WHERE DID OUR LOVE GO. album and I heard LONG GONE LOVER I wanted to kno who was t lady singing t outtro of that song and after finding out flo sang soprano that was my intro to florence ballard,. Flo you are ALWAYS IN OUR HEARTS. Now and always rest in heavnly peace.

supremester
02-24-2014, 02:14 AM
I love Flo 24/7....her passing hasn't changed my feelings a bit and anyone who saw DMF knows why. Miss Ross will always be The Supreme Supreme but Miss Flo was a force just the same. Thank you to Miss Roberta for sharing this sensational pic that I have never seen in hair I have never seen on any of them. TY!!

floyjoy678
02-24-2014, 04:28 PM
Happy Birthday Flo. And supremester you're right, Diana was the star of the group but there was just something very special about Florence. The two of them were always and will always be my favorite Supremes. I love watching Flo in those early years clips from 1964-65 the best when she seems so happy and charismatic especially during that one appearance on Hullabaloo where they did "Back In My Arms Again" and "You're Nobody Till Somebody Loves You".

Roberta75
02-25-2014, 01:06 PM
I love Flo 24/7....her passing hasn't changed my feelings a bit and anyone who saw DMF knows why. Miss Ross will always be The Supreme Supreme but Miss Flo was a force just the same. Thank you to Miss Roberta for sharing this sensational pic that I have never seen in hair I have never seen on any of them. TY!!

You are so welcome supremesterer.

Yours, with every good wish.

Roberta

Roberta75
02-25-2014, 07:54 PM
I cannot believe I did not post remembrance on the passing of a woman whose voice I loved hearing as a member of t supremes. When my sister took me to the red hook projcts to hear the supremes WHERE DID OUR LOVE GO. album and I heard LONG GONE LOVER I wanted to kno who was t lady singing t outtro of that song and after finding out flo sang soprano that was my intro to florence ballard,. Flo you are ALWAYS IN OUR HEARTS. Now and always rest in heavnly peace.

Dont be to hard on yourself Frances dear. Florence know you love her very much and I know she understand that we all have busy lives. Always remember these words my dear.

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there - I do not sleep.
I am the thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints in snow,
I am the sunlight on ripened grain,
I am the gentle fall like rain.
As you awake with morning's hush
I am the swift-up-flinging rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there - I did not die.

florence Ballard is the wind that blows and the fall rain that falls on our face.. Shes still with yes Frances.

fondly.

Roberta

supremester
02-25-2014, 08:32 PM
Lovely words they are, and express my thoughts on the subject perfectly.

Roberta75
02-25-2014, 08:34 PM
Lovely words they are, and express my thoughts on the subject perfectly.

Thank you my dear.

yours, with every good wish.

roberta