PDA

View Full Version : Percy Sledge Ill

test

GrtGzu
02-18-2014, 08:30 AM
REPORT: Singer Percy Sledge Suffering from Liver Cancer

Unfortunately, we have sad news about singer Percy Sledge.
According to a report, Sledge has pulled out of a U.K. tour after he was reportedly diagnosed with liver cancer.
73-year-old Sledge, whose classic 1966 hit “When a Man Loves a Woman,” was due to perform as part of producer David Gest’s Legends of Soul tour, but was hospitalized before a concert in Stockport, England.
According to Britain’s The Sun newspaper, Gest told the audience:
“Percy won’t be with us tonight, I’m afraid. He’s in hospital with liver cancer. I know we are all going to pray for him.”

http://blackamericaweb.com/2014/02/17/report-singer-percy-sledge-suffering-from-liver-cancer/

ceasar
02-18-2014, 06:53 PM
So sorry to hear this.
We were with him in England on tour.
A David Gest tour. We will keep him in our prayers.
Ceasar
The
Original
Tymes

Ngroove
02-19-2014, 12:18 AM
Hang on in there, Percy Sledge, the survivor, one of the last of the great soul men - Sam Cooke, Ray Charles, Solomon Burke, Otis Redding, Wilson Pickett, Jackie Wilson, James Brown, Joe Tex, Marvin Gaye, Edwin Starr...

rrussi
02-26-2014, 06:54 PM
Please keep us updated on his condition. My brother knew Percy Sledge in the 60s and my parents also met him and went to a performance at a local club back around 1967 or 68.

mark speck
03-01-2014, 06:43 PM
Prayers coming his way...he's an amazing talent. We don't need to lose any more!

Best,

Mark