PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Kimmel and geust do Diane Ross and Lionel Ritchie. Real funny clips.

test

Roberta75
02-14-2014, 05:42 PM
That Alex Pettyfer can lower my lamp any night he want to lol. Hes a real cutie pie a real sweet guy and I fell in love with him in magic Mike. Hes got real masculine big feet and a pretty smile and long legs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZZo1MeQhjs#t=244

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek2elKPFSpM

jobeterob
02-14-2014, 08:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZZo1MeQhjs#t=244

Ryon6
02-15-2014, 03:56 AM
Damn, her professional name is Diana. Why can't folks give her that respect?

Roberta75
02-15-2014, 04:13 PM

Theres no need to cuss dear. My aunt live in the Highland Park are of Detroit and she and my cousins have always refer to Miss Ross as Diane and they love her. Most detroiters refers to the lady as Diane Ross. There is no need to cuss or be offended my dear.

Fondly,

Roberta

Ryon6
02-15-2014, 04:18 PM
But you are NOT a Detroiter. SMDH!!!

Roberta75
02-15-2014, 04:27 PM
But you are NOT a Detroiter. SMDH!!!

But I have kin in Detroit and i grow up hearing Miss Ross called Diane. Mary Wilson and the first lado of Motown records Dr marth Reeves refers to Miss Ross as Diane. i dont see why you getting real upset about it.

Respectfully.

Roberta

skooldem1
02-15-2014, 04:29 PM
Did I miss something? What does this name stuff have to do with this clip?

Roberta75
02-15-2014, 04:50 PM

Not a blessed thing dear skooldem1 but its made Ryon6 real upset.

Yours, with every good wish.

Roberta

supremester
02-15-2014, 05:07 PM
I think I know what SMD is, but the "H"?

jobeterob
02-15-2014, 07:38 PM
I saw that the movie has done quite well in it's early release.

marymary
02-15-2014, 10:50 PM

They are referring to the title I believe.

I have always avoided entering the fray when it comes to arguments about the Supremes, people here are very passionate about them and I feel outmatched lol, however imo if Diana Ross wants to be called Diana then insisting on calling her something else strikes me as disrespectful, regardless of people's feelings about her. I'm sure if you had an acquaintance who asked to be called Bob but you intentionally kept calling them Rob they would stop giving you the time of day and who would blame them?

Also, SMDH: shaking my damn head

Lulu
02-15-2014, 11:48 PM
I don't think Miss Roberta meant any disrespect or snark. I reserve those adjectives for my older gay male friends who still shake their fists about all the "injustice" that apparently happened fifty years ago and went down between three women they've never met. LOL.

Roberta75
02-16-2014, 02:22 PM
I don't think Miss Roberta meant any disrespect or snark. I reserve those adjectives for my older gay male friends who still shake their fists about all the "injustice" that apparently happened fifty years ago and went down between three women they've never met. LOL.

Thank you dear lulu. I didnt mean any dissrespect. i love Diane Ross and Mary Wilson and Flo Ballard and Cindy Birdsong and the one who walked away from the Supremes and became a podiatrist in Wisconsin Miss Barbara Martin who I respect for never looking back and the work shes done with peoples feet.

Roberta

RossHolloway
02-16-2014, 03:01 PM

Ryon6- I agree, no fan of Diana Ross calls her Diane. I don't know why some folks can't get that thru their thick skulls. I really thought someone like Roberta75 knew better, but sadly does not. I don't know if someone like that thinks that the success of DianA and/or the Supreme's takes away from the success or accomplishments of Martha Reeves or whomever their favorite artist is. Have you ever noticed that they always do this to Diana Ross, but when was the last time ANY of them referred to Tammi Terrell by her legal/given name Tomasina Montgomery? Or saw them write out William Robinson instead of Smokey Robinson, and they ALWAYS respect Marvin GayE and never refer to Marvin as Marvin Gay. I could go on and point out the inconsistency with these same folks never referring to Jr. Walker or Shorty Long or Stevie Wonder by their birth name, but they ALWAYS refer to these artist by their professional names. SMDH...

Roberta75
02-16-2014, 03:16 PM
Ryon6- I agree, no fan of Diana Ross calls her Diane. I don't know why some folks can't get that thru their thick skulls. I really thought someone like Roberta75 knew better, but sadly does not. I don't know if someone like that thinks that the success of DianA and/or the Supreme's takes away from the success or accomplishments of Martha Reeves or whomever their favorite artist is. Have you ever noticed that they always do this to Diana Ross, but when was the last time ANY of them referred to Tammi Terrell by her legal/given name Tomasina Montgomery? Or saw them write out William Robinson instead of Smokey Robinson, and they ALWAYS respect Marvin GayE and never refer to Marvin as Marvin Gay. I could go on and point out the inconsistency with these same folks never referring to Jr. Walker or Shorty Long or Stevie Wonder by their birth name, but they ALWAYS refer to these artist by their professional names. SMDH...

Im not thick dear and that was cruel and real lowdown of you to say. I am a fan of Diane Ross and her music and if you think I call Miss ross Diane to bolster the carreer of the First Lady of Motown Records Dr martha Reeves then you sadly misstaken my dear. I love Miss Diane Ross and all former Supremes. Miss Martha my be my favorite singer of all time but ive real respect for Diane and the supremes.

Roberta

RossHolloway
02-16-2014, 03:31 PM
I'm truly disappointed in you Roberta, your argument is something I would expect from someone like Marv2 or Jill Foster - but not you. But now you're starting to sound exactly like them and that's just sad.

Roberta75
02-16-2014, 06:57 PM
I'm truly disappointed in you Roberta, your argument is something I would expect from someone like Marv2 or Jill Foster - but not you. But now you're starting to sound exactly like them and that's just sad.

Well im sorry to dissappoint you my dear and trust me im nothing like marv2 or
mr foster. My posts are never cruel or crass or homophobic or filled with personal attack or vicious or dismissive so you real of base on this one. Anyway im not going to get into an arguments with you on my sabath so i wish you well and if you cants see that i have nothing but respect and love for Miss Diane Ross theres nothing left for me to say but have a beautiful Sunday.

Roberta

RossHolloway
02-16-2014, 07:19 PM
Well im sorry to dissappoint you my dear and trust me im nothing like marv2 or
mr foster. My posts are never cruel or crass or homophobic or filled with personal attack or vicious or dismissive so you real of base on this one. Anyway im not going to get into an arguments with you on my sabath so i wish you well and if you cants see that i have nothing but respect and love for Miss Diane Ross theres nothing left for me to say but have a beautiful Sunday.

Roberta
And yet and still, you've yet to enlighten us all on why you choose not refer to the likes of Smokey, Marvin, Tammi, Jr. Walker, Shorty Long or Stevie Wonder by their legal given name but by their professional name, yet you don't give DianA Ross the same deference. I already know the reason why, and I think everyone else on this site does too, you've lost the opportunity to be honest about it, and losing credibility in the process. Tell the truth, shame the devil.

Roberta75
02-16-2014, 07:48 PM
I dont ever recall mentioning Jr walker or Tammi or Shortly long on this here forum and if you dont believe that I love and rspect Miss Diane Ross then youve got a problem. Im always honest and tell the truth as God is my witness growing up and spending summers with an aunt and cousins from Highland Park in Detroit and always hearing these daer ladies refer to Miss Ross as Diane then thats the name ive been used to calling Miss Ross and when she personally tell me to call her Diana then i will carry on calling the lady what ive always called her and if you dont like it then too darned bad. Youre a little too obsessive about Miss Ross name dearie imo.

Roberta

smark21
02-17-2014, 09:52 AM
A lot of Marilyn Monroe fans call Marilyn "Norma Jean"...though perhaps they're just pretending to be Marilyn fans [[using Ross Holloway's "logic") and perhaps they are just Jayne Mansfield fans infiltrating Marilyn fan sites to promote the legacy and career of Jayne by calling Marilyn "Norma Jean".

RossHolloway
02-17-2014, 11:58 AM
I dont ever recall mentioning Jr walker or Tammi or Shortly long on this here forum and if you dont believe that I love and rspect Miss Diane Ross then youve got a problem. Im always honest and tell the truth as God is my witness growing up and spending summers with an aunt and cousins from Highland Park in Detroit and always hearing these daer ladies refer to Miss Ross as Diane then thats the name ive been used to calling Miss Ross and when she personally tell me to call her Diana then i will carry on calling the lady what ive always called her and if you dont like it then too darned bad. Youre a little too obsessive about Miss Ross name dearie imo.

Roberta

Roberta- you sound crazy and full of shit. You've had no problem calling both Marvin and Stevie by their professional name, but you're stuck on crazy and/or stupid with your spelling of Diana Ross's name. But what else could we possibly expect from someone who things that Martha Reeves is a doctor or the first lady of Motown.

Roberta75
02-17-2014, 01:46 PM
Roberta- you sound crazy and full of shit. You've had no problem calling both Marvin and Stevie by their professional name, but you're stuck on crazy and/or stupid with your spelling of Diana Ross's name. But what else could we possibly expect from someone who things that Martha Reeves is a doctor or the first lady of Motown.

Im neither crazy or am i full of feces but you my dear are crass and rude and mean and way too sensetive. FYI Martha Reeves IS the frst lady of Motown Records imo and Martha Reeves is a doctor and has a doctorate in humanities and that make her a doctor. Now ive always been civil to you so kindly show me the same courtesies or place me on ignore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZJrtWLG2iM

Roberta

RossHolloway
02-17-2014, 02:30 PM
Im neither crazy or am i full of feces but you my dear are crass and rude and mean and way too sensetive. FYI Martha Reeves IS the frst lady of Motown Records imo and Martha Reeves is a doctor and has a doctorate in humanities and that make her a doctor. Now ive always been civil to you so kindly show me the same courtesies or place me on ignore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZJrtWLG2iM

Roberta

Actually you're everything that I typed out. And an honorary doctorate does not a doctor make- get real..And I love and respect MR, but first lady of Motown? Hardly..

Roberta75
02-17-2014, 02:48 PM
Actually you're everything that I typed out. And an honorary doctorate does not a doctor make- get real..And I love and respect MR, but first lady of Motown? Hardly..

Dr Jill Biden and Dr Maya Angelo have honorary degrees and that make them doctors so Dr Martha Reeves is just as much a doctor as anyone else who receive a doctorate and Miss Reeves is the first Lady of Motown Records imo dear my opinion. This thread started out about a real cute clip about Jimmy Kimmel and a real cute guest singing Diane and Lionels Endless love and you with your obsession over Miss Ross name have totally ruined this here thread. Im not going to call you a load of names like you call me because that is real childish and insulting and rude so Im going to take the high road and leave you with these quotes from the scriptures and this will be my last comment to you in this thread.

Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry [[James 1:19)

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. [[Eph 4:29)

RossHolloway
02-17-2014, 04:17 PM
Dr Jill Biden and Dr Maya Angelo have honorary degrees and that make them doctors so Dr Martha Reeves is just as much a doctor as anyone else who receive a doctorate and Miss Reeves is the first Lady of Motown Records imo dear my opinion. This thread started out about a real cute clip about Jimmy Kimmel and a real cute guest singing Diane and Lionels Endless love and you with your obsession over Miss Ross name have totally ruined this here thread. Im not going to call you a load of names like you call me because that is real childish and insulting and rude so Im going to take the high road and leave you with these quotes from the scriptures and this will be my last comment to you in this thread.

Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry [[James 1:19)

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. [[Eph 4:29)

Except that Dr. Jill Biden actually earned her doctorate from the University of Deleware, but I don't see where Ms. Angelo or Ms. Reeves actually attended an accredited institution of higher education. You can call yourself whatever you want, I guess, it just doesn't make you what you claim to be.

And for the record, the devil can quote scripture even better than you can. It means nothing to me, just like your words and lies.

jobeterob
02-17-2014, 06:20 PM
I know this could be a loaded question, but where did Martha Reeves get the Honorary Doctorate given from? College?

Now Miss Ross is legendary as a performer and artist with huge successes ~ but I must say from what I've seen of some of her writing and some of her talking, any Honorary Degrees would have to confine themselves to what she did in the entertainment world and should not encroach on the world of Dr. Jill Biden or Dr. Barbara Ross.

marymary
02-17-2014, 07:25 PM
I guess the impression I get is that people call her "Diane" to bring her down a peg...Diana is the superstar but Diane is the girl from the Brewster Projects. I'm sure it's possible to respect Diana and be a fan of hers and still call her Diane but considering that most people who do it do so out of dislike or disrespect makes it an odd choice.

smark21
02-17-2014, 09:15 PM
But it's also odd that a fan like Ross Holloway gets all bent out of shape by Diana Ross being referred to as "Diane". It's as if someone is calling him by a name he doesn't like. Some fans do take such things far too seriously. I'm sure Diana Ross has developed thick enough skin over her 50 plus years as performer to withstand strangers on the internet calling her Diane, whether out of innocence or disrespect. That is, if she's even aware of it.

supremester
02-17-2014, 10:00 PM
OMG - what I was thinking! Thank you!

They are referring to the title I believe.

I have always avoided entering the fray when it comes to arguments about the Supremes, people here are very passionate about them and I feel outmatched lol, however imo if Diana Ross wants to be called Diana then insisting on calling her something else strikes me as disrespectful, regardless of people's feelings about her. I'm sure if you had an acquaintance who asked to be called Bob but you intentionally kept calling them Rob they would stop giving you the time of day and who would blame them?

Also, SMDH: shaking my damn head

supremester
02-17-2014, 10:45 PM
Some people call her Diane to be bitchy, some because they think it's funny, some to provoke Rossers, some to bring them to a more intimate level, some to initiate a discussion like this so they can say, "why do you care?" some because they resent her success and don't want her to get the success AND called the high falootin' Diana and some for other reasons, I assume. During The RTL wars off 2000-2002 I would occasionally refer to Mary as The Old Braying Mare but it drove some of her fans to the brink so I stopped. I thought it was good-natured bantering until I got death threats........ Personally, I and my friends began to call her Miss Ross back in high school - so when the book came out, it was a funny title to us. Mary, in Dreamgirl used Diane because that's how she knows her [[or knew her.) Others, like Smokey, Berry, Marvin, MJ and countless others of her peers use Diana because that is how she chooses to be referred to in the public arena and they respect that even though some, like Smokey and Queen Ree, have known her longer than Mary. So, in Mary's book which I think most people, these days especially, realize is hardly objective or overly factual, can see why, if certain other portions of the book might be slanted to encourage disrespect or dislike for Miss Ross, that using Diane would enhance that general agenda. And like Smarky said, maybe Miss Ross doesn't care. Like my girl Mo'nique says, "we don't give a fuck."