PDA

View Full Version : Mary and her fans having a ball last month

test

smark21
02-11-2014, 10:03 PM
Fun clip...the woman in the black sweater dancing next to Mary is having the time of her life.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuPxW6IlCfA

jobeterob
02-11-2014, 11:48 PM
Awesome clip. The Supremes and Diana have the best fans. Mary sounds about the same as ever which isn't that great..........but she sounds a lot better than Martha Reeves. And they did have a blast!

Lulu
02-11-2014, 11:54 PM
That woman on the right's dancing was something else!

Roberta75
02-12-2014, 12:07 AM
Awesome clip. The Supremes and Diana have the best fans. Mary sounds about the same as ever which isn't that great..........but she sounds a lot better than Martha Reeves. And they did have a blast!

PLEASE LEAve the first Lady of Motown Records alone jobeterob. It isnt nice and it isnt fair. Miss Martha Reeves sounds and look great and put on a heckuva show.
She is almost 73 years old and deserve our respect and love and admiration.

Thank you kindly.

Roberta

Ryon6
02-12-2014, 12:54 AM
LOL :cool::cool:

REDHOT
02-12-2014, 01:18 AM
Sometimes if you're not gonna say anything nice,PLEASE say nothing at all,everyone

thomas96
02-12-2014, 01:41 AM
The Supremes and Diana have the best fans.

I'm sorry, but did I read that correctly??? Tell that to the numerous members of SDF who are sick and tired of the bantering over Supremes-related "issues." Many have left because of those 'fans.'

jobeterob
02-12-2014, 01:43 PM
The Supremes and Martha Reeves and Diana Ross and Mary Wilson have the best fans, the most committed fans ~ they stuck with them over 50 years! Even when their voices go!

No one makes a reading of a Ross or Supremes thread mandatory. And if you don't like us, you can give us crap. But we won't go anywhere.

Many people have left for Facebook because of the thousand of groups on FB, because you have to identify yourself and so the flaming is reduced. It's life.

thomas96
02-12-2014, 03:26 PM
The Supremes and Martha Reeves and Diana Ross and Mary Wilson have the best fans, the most committed fans ~ they stuck with them over 50 years! Even when their voices go!

No one makes a reading of a Ross or Supremes thread mandatory. And if you don't like us, you can give us crap. But we won't go anywhere.

Many people have left for Facebook because of the thousand of groups on FB, because you have to identify yourself and so the flaming is reduced. It's life.

"Best" is a term used very loosely. You could certainly make an argument that they are the most committed fans, and I wouldn't argue against that. But "best" to me would mean most logical fans, least argumentative, least biased, etc. Supremes fans don't even come close to fitting that description. It's a matter of opinion, so there's no right or wrong, but you can't definitively say that "the Supremes have the best fans."

jobeterob
02-12-2014, 03:38 PM
You are totally right Thomas. Committed is the word; "best" is a loose matter of opinion. But I'll go with the "lady in the sweater" any day.

All I ever did was stand up to a bully that was allowed to be a bully and abuse and attack an icon on here. I stood up; I'm glad I did and would do it again. Others stood up as well and we are pleased they did.

For reasons I am not clear on, the attacks have virtually stopped which is awesome.

That might make other people come back.

skooldem1
02-12-2014, 03:43 PM
"Best" is a term used very loosely. You could certainly make an argument that they are the most committed fans, and I wouldn't argue against that. But "best" to me would mean most logical fans, least argumentative, least biased, etc. Supremes fans don't even come close to fitting that description. It's a matter of opinion, so there's no right or wrong, but you can't definitively say that "the Supremes have the best fans."

Really??? Why are you are going on and on about an innocent statement about someone's fans being the best?

thomas96
02-12-2014, 05:35 PM
Really??? Why are you are going on and on about an innocent statement about someone's fans being the best?

Why did you bother to type out a response? Why did you even read my ridiculously long paragraph that just went on and on about an innocent statement? Really??

Lulu
02-12-2014, 06:14 PM
Gang, we just need to put this issue to bed. Bickering about 70+ year old women and what did or what didn't happen over 50 years ago is silly. These are grandmommies we're dealing with and I think it's a beautiful testament to their accomplishments that we're still supporting and talking about them after all these years!

jobeterob
02-12-2014, 06:29 PM
I doubt they remember what we remember either!

Roberta75
02-12-2014, 06:32 PM
Gang, we just need to put this issue to bed. Bickering about 70+ year old women and what did or what didn't happen over 50 years ago is silly. These are grandmommies we're dealing with and I think it's a beautiful testament to their accomplishments that we're still supporting and talking about them after all these years!

I rarely agree with you luke but this time ive gotta give you a huge AMEN.:cool:

Fondly,

Roberta

Lulu
02-12-2014, 06:35 PM
I rarely agree with you luke but this time ive gotta give you a huge AMEN.:cool:

Fondly,

Roberta

Roberta - it's me "Lulu" we just met a few days ago and seemed to be getting on fine!!! LOL!

Roberta75
02-12-2014, 06:39 PM
Roberta - it's me "Lulu" we just met a few days ago and seemed to be getting on fine!!! LOL!

Lord have mercy dear Lulu I thought you was the singing star Lulu the other day and now Im calling you luke lol. Ive had a terrible flu dear and im not really myself lol.

Best to you my dear.

Roberta

Lulu
02-12-2014, 06:42 PM
Lord have mercy dear Lulu I thought you was the singing star Lulu the other day and now Im calling you luke lol. Ive had a terrible flu dear and im not really myself lol.

Best to you my dear.

Roberta

Feel better, darling! Make sure you drink plenty H20!!!

jobeterob
02-12-2014, 06:58 PM
I was hoping it was the real "Lulu".

And I definitely knew she was not "Luke". LOL.

Sleep Roberta and drink lots of fluid and maybe take some Vitamin C & D!

Roberta75
02-12-2014, 08:11 PM
I was hoping it was the real "Lulu".

And I definitely knew she was not "Luke". LOL.

Sleep Roberta and drink lots of fluid and maybe take some Vitamin C & D!

Thank you dear Im back at work today and feeling much better although it took 7 day to feel better.

Fondly,

Roberta

blueskies
02-12-2014, 09:19 PM
I blame those Uggs, Roberta. LOL

marv2
02-12-2014, 10:20 PM
Fun clip...the woman in the black sweater dancing next to Mary is having the time of her life.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuPxW6IlCfA

I liked her too. She made me laugh. She reminds of Andrea Martin's character Edith Prickley from the old "SCTV" comedy series. LOL! Go MARY!!!