PDA

View Full Version : Happy birthday to Bob Marley, Natalie Cole, and me!

test

dinelle_watson
02-06-2014, 01:29 PM
Hey y'all. Dinelle here. As you may or may not know, today is the birthdays of the late great Bob Marley and Natalie Cole, two great artists who I'm lucky enough to share my birthday with. And just because I'm 26 and getting older doesn't mean anything to me, especially after what happened earlier this morning. I was driving to the local police station on post and I saw this pickup ahead of me. Now, because the roads were still really cruddy after last night's storm I was driving carefully. Well that pickup truck started speeding up and the driver went in a skid and then spun out twice before finally crashing into a snowbank. I pulled over to if the driver was ok and he was. Unfortunately he was stuck in the snow pretty good. Even when someone stopped to help me dig him out he still couldn't get out. So I started trying to push him out. Still nothing. Luckily another motorist in a truck pulled over. Luckily he had a chain to hook up the truck and pull the guy out. A sergeant who pulled over to help noticed my unit patch was with the military police, so he had me directing traffic. ..even though I know NOTHING about it. Eventually, the pickup truck was pulled out of the snowbank with no damages. My mom almost panicked when I told her this. As for me, well, I'd like to know whether my strength came from the coffee I had a few minutes prior to the accident, or maybe because I'm a year older today.

dinelle_watson
02-06-2014, 01:31 PM
I will post some music tributes later today.

Jerry Oz
02-06-2014, 06:58 PM
Your strength came from the fact that you stopped to help someone when you didn't have to. No one stands taller [[or stronger) than they do when they bend to help others. We need more like you. And happy birthday! You're no longer half as old as I am although you will be again in a few months.

Roberta75
02-07-2014, 12:18 PM
Hey y'all. Dinelle here. As you may or may not know, today is the birthdays of the late great Bob Marley and Natalie Cole, two great artists who I'm lucky enough to share my birthday with. And just because I'm 26 and getting older doesn't mean anything to me, especially after what happened earlier this morning. I was driving to the local police station on post and I saw this pickup ahead of me. Now, because the roads were still really cruddy after last night's storm I was driving carefully. Well that pickup truck started speeding up and the driver went in a skid and then spun out twice before finally crashing into a snowbank. I pulled over to if the driver was ok and he was. Unfortunately he was stuck in the snow pretty good. Even when someone stopped to help me dig him out he still couldn't get out. So I started trying to push him out. Still nothing. Luckily another motorist in a truck pulled over. Luckily he had a chain to hook up the truck and pull the guy out. A sergeant who pulled over to help noticed my unit patch was with the military police, so he had me directing traffic. ..even though I know NOTHING about it. Eventually, the pickup truck was pulled out of the snowbank with no damages. My mom almost panicked when I told her this. As for me, well, I'd like to know whether my strength came from the coffee I had a few minutes prior to the accident, or maybe because I'm a year older today.

God will surely blesse you for this Dinelle. you show great compassion and grace and strength of character. Hope you had a real nice birthday and thank you for bringing the true meaning of Christ a little bit closer to earth.

With sincere admirration and affection.

Roberta

splanky
02-09-2014, 05:51 PM
Yes, I came late to the party and still want to dance...Happy Birthday, Dinelle, you take care
of yourself, girl...