PDA

View Full Version : Good retort to those who complain about why there's Black History Month

test

smark21
02-01-2014, 06:16 PM
http://thoughtsofbrown.com/2014/02/01/white-history-month/

soulster
02-01-2014, 07:26 PM
Yup. But, tell them that, and it all just falls on deaf ears.

splanky
02-02-2014, 11:05 AM
I know personally maybe 4 or 5 black people who celebrate Black History Month today...I know more white and asian people who even acknowledge it. Ain't that some history for
your ass?...

soulster
02-02-2014, 12:49 PM
Most people I know, regardless of race, don't care about any history!

splanky
02-02-2014, 03:25 PM
Some people go through a great deal of trouble to write books, produce films and create
presentations in schools, museums,libraries and other public institutions that focus on the
trials and accomplishments of groups and individual people over the course of time that has brought us to where we are today. That communicates something to me. I think it's funny that probably even you know guys that can tell you all about Superbowl 2003 or who Floyd
Mayweather fought in his third fight don't know who Angela Davis is or was the first black
mayor of Chicago. Even in musical history which is a large part of what this site is about,
I find time and again that other folks, whether white, japanese or brazilian know much more
about classic soul than almost all of the folks who look like me. A lot of people got froggy
over the fake Jesus Is My Nigga thing I see, but Lay Z and Kantye West perform their "song"
Niggas In Paris and it's the coolest thing, excuse me, I don't get a lot of things today...