PDA

View Full Version : New Motown Book Out February 1: Motown Artist By Artist...

test

JimBagley
01-30-2014, 11:30 AM
a compilation of the top 100 Motown Artists.

http://www.amazon.com/Motown-Artist-Compilation-Artists-Books/dp/1909217646/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1391095586&sr=1-1&keywords=motown

Does anyone have any info on the book. It seems over-sized but not a lot of pages. Is it perhaps mainly a picture book with minimal biographies?

copley
01-30-2014, 12:53 PM
Nothing new here Jim so save your money.

Ngroove
01-30-2014, 05:24 PM
Taking a peek at the "look inside" table of contents; where's Today? Yes, am aware may be less relevant to this kind of board, since Today was way, way after Golden Era Detroit peak era, but I still see quite a few handful of acts going to be covered in book [[Valadiers, Debbie Dean, Motown period Kiki Dee, Motown period Mabel John, Billy Eckstine's only excusable in book to my eyes because he is a LEGEND), that to my knowledge, never cracked a single number on the charts - Today at least had "Him or Me", "Girl, I've Got My Eyes on You" and "Why You Get Funky On Me", but I guess may be regional, since book is British. But Johnny Bristol? He was just a writer / producer Motown years; his own recording career was before [[Johnny & Jackie) and after [["Hang On In There Baby") Motown, wasn't it? And....waitasec....WHERE'S SWITCH?

Ngroove
01-30-2014, 08:22 PM
And, Bobby Taylor & the Vancouvers....On the other hand, Billy Eckstine, is kind of like Barbara McNair, Sammy Davis Jr, Bloodstone, Fifth Dimension, Wilson Pickett, and Pointer Sisters...really nice to know they once worked for Motown at one point, but it's not they added anything significant to their great songbooks those years.