PDA

View Full Version : Diana On Another Make-uoless Grocery Shopping Trip

test

milven
01-29-2014, 09:02 AM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/01/28/article-0-1B0A087900000578-885_634x771.jpg

I'm sure someone will say that she called the press to tell them that she was going shopping without make-up. Well, we will just have to live with that.

The story, and more pics are at this site.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2547795/Make-free-Diana-Ross-picks-groceries-dressed-leggings-Ugg-boots.html

copley
01-29-2014, 01:23 PM
She looks fine to me.

jobeterob
01-29-2014, 03:20 PM
She looks better this way that with all that make up she uses for the stage.

thanxal
01-29-2014, 03:54 PM
Wait, where are the Andantes? I thought they were with her always.

blueskies
01-29-2014, 03:58 PM
I wish she'd ditch those damn boots. She seems to be always wearing them. Not very flattering. I guess it must be the 'style' and comfort thingy?

jobeterob
01-29-2014, 06:42 PM
I think the look is great, the boots are ugly and Diane was always great at sharing the spotlight and stage with Marvin, Michael, Julio, Lionel, Patti, Paul, Eddie, David, Stevie, Lynda, Scherrie, Dionne, Gladys, the Andantes, and all those people at the Apollo. The only time it didn't work was with Mrs. Whatshername.

thommg
01-29-2014, 10:51 PM
She looks like you're supposed to look when you go out shopping. What did they expect, a sequined covered tulle skirt with a cape? I don't like the boots, myself, but Uggs are very popular and have been trendy for a few years now. Very popular in LA, though I'm not sure why because they are fur lined and it's hot there.

jillfoster
01-29-2014, 11:42 PM
She looks like you're supposed to look when you go out shopping. What did they expect, a sequined covered tulle skirt with a cape? I don't like the boots, myself, but Uggs are very popular and have been trendy for a few years now. Very popular in LA, though I'm not sure why because they are fur lined and it's hot there.

Bingo!! I think those boots would be fine for winter in a northern climate. but in L.A.? I don't know why she doesn't just wear a pair of sneakers? At least people aren't bitching about the potato chips in her shopping bag like last time. Acting like Diana Ross is too big a star to eat potato chips. She's human for pete's sake, who the hell doesn't like potato chips? I actually feel sorry for her, to tell you the truth. It must be a bitch to not even be able to eat your damn potato chips in peace....

supremester
01-31-2014, 01:50 PM
My 21 year old wears Uggs 24/7....my 17 year old had a pair, wore them a few times and gave them to her sister. I guess they are comfy. I don't think Miss Ross cares if we approve of her foot ware or chips habit or even knows they are topics of conversation ; )

jobeterob
01-31-2014, 01:54 PM
If she ever looks in here, she'd laugh, be flattered and think she has good fans and a few nuts.

Somebody somehow ratcheted the negative Ross rhetoric down in here though.

But all of the big stars know they attract the negative rhetoric and even a few stalkers.

Roberta75
01-31-2014, 01:55 PM
My 21 year old wears Uggs 24/7....my 17 year old had a pair, wore them a few times and gave them to her sister. I guess they are comfy. I don't think Miss Ross cares if we approve of her foot ware or chips habit or even knows they are topics of conversation ; )

I wear my uggs all weekend every weekends and only take them off slip my heals when I go to church. Ugg boots are real comfortable and go with anything.

Roberta

LuvHangOva
02-02-2014, 09:31 AM
I've always admired Diana for not being afraid to be who she is. Throughout her entire career she has not been bashful about appearing in public without stage makeup. There are many pics of her over the decades apparently happy and content just going about her daily affairs. Self confidence is a wonderful thing !

jillfoster
02-02-2014, 04:04 PM
I wear my uggs all weekend every weekends and only take them off slip my heals when I go to church. Ugg boots are real comfortable and go with anything.

Roberta

They don't go with a cute pair of shorts. Or hotpants. Or a nice knee length skirt.

Roberta75
02-02-2014, 07:41 PM
They don't go with a cute pair of shorts. Or hotpants. Or a nice knee length skirt.

Who on Gods green earth wear hotpants anymore. I have plenty knee length skirts that go with my uggs. Depend on the pattern and style of the shirt. If the skirt is real loose and flowing uggs can look real nice imo.

Roberta

jillfoster
02-03-2014, 02:25 AM
Who on Gods green earth wear hotpants anymore.

Roberta

Beyonce does.

http://www.gofugyourself.com/wp-content/uploads/2004/08/31581_51236783.jpg

supremester
02-03-2014, 02:36 AM
I'm wearing hot pants now.

smark21
02-03-2014, 09:29 AM
That picture of Beyoncé is 10 years old.

GrtGzu
02-03-2014, 01:34 PM
I'm wearing hot pants now.

You bring back my shorts NOW! And don't lemme catch you in my closet EVER again!

The nerve......

blueskies
02-03-2014, 04:06 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_SA8ECum-Blc/SfuC8NBlWiI/AAAAAAAAAeQ/aEn1tfV70gk/s400/Shorts.jpg

Some things are..... just so not right..........

antceleb12
02-03-2014, 04:29 PM
Why do people care if she goes to the market without make-up?

supremester
02-03-2014, 04:50 PM
Oh........Ok......I was just so happy that they fit!
You bring back my shorts NOW! And don't lemme catch you in my closet EVER again!

The nerve......

milven
02-03-2014, 07:21 PM

You must care too or you would not have read a thread titled "Diana On Another Make-uoless Grocery Shopping Trip ";):D

jillfoster
02-03-2014, 08:33 PM

I think because people feel it tarnishes her image to appear like that in public. You'd never catch Dolly Parton diong something like that. And it would matter less to Dolly, i'd think, since she is worth 5 times what Diana is worth.

milven
02-03-2014, 08:39 PM
I think because people feel it tarnishes her image to appear like that in public. You'd never catch Dolly Parton doing something like that.

We might never catch her doing it, but it doesn't mean that she doesn't do it. Who would recognize Dolly without her wig and heavy makeup? And the boobs could be camouflaged with something loose. She could walk right past us and we would never know it was Dolly :D

LuvHangOva
02-07-2014, 07:12 AM
I think because people feel it tarnishes her image to appear like that in public. You'd never catch Dolly Parton diong something like that. And it would matter less to Dolly, i'd think, since she is worth 5 times what Diana is worth.

But... but... But Diana has been doing it since the 60s [[appearing in public sans makeup). Almost 70 and a legendary superstar. Doesn't appear to have negatively impacted her career in the slightest. Do it anyway you wanna, Diana!