PDA

View Full Version : Kansas City Star: On the Way This Spring - Diana Ross

test

jobeterob
01-21-2014, 11:16 PM
January 21

Diana Ross, founding member and former lead singer of the Supremes, will perform at the Midland theater on April 27, a Sunday.

On the way this spring: Diana Ross

Tickets go on sale at 10 a.m. Friday at the Midland box office or the Midland website. Prices: $58 to $178.

Ross hasn’t issued an album since 2006 when she released two: “I Love You” and “Blue,” a collection of songs recorded in 1971-72 that was subsequently shelved.She has toured regularly over the past several years, including tours of the United States and South American in 2013.

Her 21-song setlist from an October show in New Orleans included several Supremes hits, several of her solo hits and covers of Dusty Springfield, Billie Holliday and Marvin Gaye.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2014/01/21/4766322/on-the-way-this-spring-diana-ross.html#storylink=cpy

supremester
01-22-2014, 04:15 PM
I wonder what they're wearing in KC in April?

jobeterob
01-22-2014, 06:44 PM
I think there is another spring date too; does this mean she will tour again this year?

The tours have brought Diana back to the forefront.

longtimefan
01-22-2014, 11:38 PM
Speaking of tour information ... What is the best web site to use when monitoring tour and appearance dates for folks like Diana, Mary, Gladys, etc? Sadly, Diana does not have a comprehensive website. Someone suggested Pollstar once,and It is good, but I am not certain that all appearances are on it.

Ideas, anyone?

jobeterob
01-23-2014, 12:30 AM
Speaking of tour information ... What is the best web site to use when monitoring tour and appearance dates for folks like Diana, Mary, Gladys, etc? Sadly, Diana does not have a comprehensive website. Someone suggested Pollstar once,and It is good, but I am not certain that all appearances are on it.

Ideas, anyone?

Ticketmaster??? Works for me but I think it might eliminate some minor appearances for less popular artists.

supremester
01-23-2014, 01:53 AM
Pollstar sucks. It is a good resource for some dates, but is very, very far from complete. I've never seen anyone's complete itinerary on it. That being said, most of the artists I follow are not as big as One Direction and maybe that's a factor. For Miss Ross, Gladys, Martha, Queen Ree, JHud, Mo'nique, Dionne etc - I find Pollstar to be quite incomplete.

For Miss Ross, I use the fan pages. She is rumored to be touring in the summer and, I think, the few April dates are exactly that: a few April dates. I am usually a good source for dates & tickets. I'm well connected in RossNation and usually know who has extra tix etc. Andreas lists the dates as they come available usually right after they go on sale or are announced. If the Reach Out! web page is up by then, it will be a reliable source.

reese
01-23-2014, 08:32 AM
Pollstar sucks. It is a good resource for some dates, but is very, very far from complete. I've never seen anyone's complete itinerary on it. That being said, most of the artists I follow are not as big as One Direction and maybe that's a factor. For Miss Ross, Gladys, Martha, Queen Ree, JHud, Mo'nique, Dionne etc - I find Pollstar to be quite incomplete.

For Miss Ross, I use the fan pages. She is rumored to be touring in the summer and, I think, the few April dates are exactly that: a few April dates. I am usually a good source for dates & tickets. I'm well connected in RossNation and usually know who has extra tix etc. Andreas lists the dates as they come available usually right after they go on sale or are announced. If the Reach Out! web page is up by then, it will be a reliable source.

I gather you're starting up REACH OUT! again. Good news. I enjoyed those newsletters from the 90s.

jobeterob
01-23-2014, 01:50 PM
I went looking for Reach Out online last night and just found the songs! I probably have mine stuffed away from years ago!

jobeterob
01-27-2014, 03:28 PM
On the way to Chicago too:

Tribune staff report

10:49 a.m. CST, January 27, 2014

Diana Ross is coming to the Chicago Theatre on April 30.

According to a press release, the audience can expect "an evening chock-full of hit songs, breathtaking costumes and stage designs, along with a live string and horn section. "

Tickets go on sale Monday, Feb. 3 at 10 a.m. at the Chicago Theatre box office or through ticketmaster.com.

Prices range from $46 to $101.