PDA

View Full Version : The Cowsills/Mr Postman and Reach Out

test

stephanie
01-19-2014, 10:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIUf0HF7Als

3:16 Mr Postman
3:55 Reach Out

I am glad I found this I suggest you watch the WHOLE thing but if you dont want to do I can guarantee if you watch them do the Motown songs you will remember how talented they were OR you didnt know they were this talented. Susan is great and the drummer is a killer!

Steph

thisoldheart
01-19-2014, 11:51 PM
that was pure torture! this kind of group is why I bought motown records.

Roger Polhill
01-20-2014, 12:18 AM
I`ve just thrown up over my computer. What a mess!

supremester
01-20-2014, 02:17 AM
I always thought they were OK for white music and I "liked" Billy - but I wasn't gonna give up on Ricky Nelson! I didn't find them annoying like The Association - I HATED those songs interrupting great runs on the radio. I agree, Steph - they were talented and, though not my choice of music per se, I liked them a whole lot more than The Osmonds destroying Motown classics. Happy Birthday [[in a week.)

nathanj06
01-20-2014, 10:00 AM
There's nothing wrong with them except maybe being posted on a "soulful" message board. Everyone has their fan base and they were simply a pop group with a couple hits. Barry, Billy, Mom and Dad are gone. Susan is actually a very good singer to this day and has done solo albums. The last album I'm aware of, "Global" from 1998 by four members including Susan is actually very good. "Cross That Line" is a standout. John Cowsill has been the drummer for The Beach Boys for many years now. Thanks for posting Stephanie. :)

R. Mark Desjardins
01-20-2014, 12:38 PM
I'm going to be positive. I'm very happy that the songwriters of the compositions covered on this video clip got a royalty for the on air performance of their material!