PDA

View Full Version : RIP Jessica Smith

test

brothadc
01-17-2014, 07:23 AM
Sadly I lost a dear friend yesterday evening. Jessica Smith, who was formerly a member of the singing group Hodges James & Smith, created by Motown's legendary A&R man Mickey Stevenson, lost her life due to pancreatic cancer.

A little over a year ago my good friend Mickey referred Jessica to me as she was looking for a keyboardist to play at St. Eugene's Church, where she was the choir director. Jessica was warm, sweet, funny, clever and had an incredible voice. I used to pick her up every Sunday to go to church and we'd talk and laugh about all kinds of things. I could always rely on her to give great advice as well. I, as well as everybody at the church, will truly miss her. Rest in peace my dear friend, and may God welcome you into His Heavenly arms.

brother_love
01-17-2014, 02:37 PM
Jessica was always a joy to have around. She had heart and smile that could light up any room and when it came to singing she truly was heaven sent. I will miss her deeply but she will live on in all the beautiful music that she left for us to enjoy forever... R.I.P. dear friend

From Pat Hodges:
To the fans and friends of Hodges, James, and Smith we sadly lose another wonderful woman. Jessica Smith today has gone home to be with the Lord. She touch the world with her voice and her gifts. R.I.P. Jessica you will be missed. We Love you.

johnny_raven
01-17-2014, 04:24 PM
That's such a shame. She was a very nice woman. I employed Pat & Jessica for background vocals on a CD I produced 5 years ago. R.I.P. Ms. Smith.

daviddesper
01-18-2014, 12:36 AM
So sad to hear this news. I loved this group!