PDA

View Full Version : Yvonne Fair - It's Bad For Me To See You

test

copley
11-01-2010, 10:49 AM
This was the follow up to Yvonne's massive UK top 5 hit 'It Sould Have Been Be'. Sadly it flopped. 'It's Bad For Me To See You' is from the pens of Gloria Jones & Pam Sawyer. It's one of those songs that means a lot to me personally. Thankfully Yvonne's wonferful album 'The Bitch Is Black' was recently issued on CD by Reel Music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lExFId5MWY

copley
11-02-2010, 11:21 AM
B-u-m-p :)

144man
11-02-2010, 11:36 AM
Someone else did this as well. Was it Gladys Knight or Thelma Houston?

reese
11-02-2010, 11:42 AM
Someone else did this as well. Was it Gladys Knight or Thelma Houston?

Gladys Knight and the Pips did it also. But it wasn't released until 1995.

144man
11-02-2010, 11:48 AM
Thanks Reese.

tomato tom
11-05-2010, 03:22 PM
Oh, I LOVE this song. I used to play it to death on the Bitch Is Black album. And the U.S. 45s I have [[demo + regular). Was a dream come true when I got the CD re-issue via REEL. I was shocked that the Brits didnt send this into the top ten after the mega success of It Should Have Been Me. Strange....Was it because she had just left Motown, and they didnt feel the need to promote it maybe? I know the lovely Sharon Davis [[MOTOWN TRACKIN) plugged it to death, alas to no avail. Gloria Jones & Pam Sawyer [[ a loveley English lady) wrote some classic Motown tunes toegther, for the 4tops, Gladys Knight & The Pips, Sisters Love, Commodores, and many others. They came up with this classic for Yvonne, and it deserves to be heard by a wider audience. Go on, tickle your ear lobes....You wont regret..lol..Paulo XXXX