PDA

View Full Version : Exclusive World Premiere: "I Am Here" [[For Valisia)

test

skooldem1
01-13-2014, 08:22 PM
Please take a moment to take a first-person look into the rehearsal and performance of "I Am Here" - a song written to support Tony Award nominated Valisia LeKae as she undergoes her battle with ovarian cancer.

This song was written by Julius Thomas III and arranged by Jason Michael Webb. Performed by the cast and company of MOTOWN- The Musical in support of their colleague and friend, Valisia is fighting, and now it is our turn to support and be a part of the battle.

I had the honor of being in the rehearsal room with the performers and film this video. The heart and embrace these Broadway performers have for their colleague is beyond words.

What can you do to support in this fight? Donate to the National Ovarian Cancer Coalition: http://www.ovarian.org/donate.php

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_vkmFaNnuo

skooldem1
01-13-2014, 08:28 PM
It is sad that some choose not to support them because they feel that Motown The Musical doesn't tell the story how they think it should be told. Or that they would rather listen to the classic artist themselves. One look at this video shows you that these people are truly, young, gifted, and black. It brings me joy to witness such talent.

jobeterob
01-13-2014, 08:36 PM
It is sad that some choose not to support them because they feel that Motown The Musical doesn't tell the story how they think it should be told. Or that they would rather listen to the classic artist themselves. One look at this video shows you that these people are truly, young, gifted, and black. It brings me joy to witness such talent.

Who is being whiny like that? Sour grapes from sour pusses. We make our own beds. If all else fails, you get out there like Martha Reeves and Mary Wilson, you create your own publicity, and you work where you can til you either can't or don't want to anymore.

There is no need to be jealous of the success of others.

marv2
01-13-2014, 08:56 PM
Who is being whiny like that? Sour grapes from sour pusses. We make our own beds. If all else fails, you get out there like Martha Reeves and Mary Wilson, you create your own publicity, and you work where you can til you either can't or don't want to anymore.

There is no need to be jealous of the success of others.

Mary doesn't create her own publicity. She has two professional firms that handles that side of her business & career.

jobeterob
01-14-2014, 01:25 AM
Mary doesn't create her own publicity. She has two professional firms that handles that side of her business & career.

Mary is long over being jealous of Diana. As she says again and again, she had no voice like Diana.

It's you that remains jealous of Diana's success for some odd reason.

1382hitsville
01-14-2014, 09:14 AM
This moving song should be recorded and released. Maybe by Motown - Gospel?